Page 190 of 234 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    When will people stop suggesting HOM for Wanda? I don see people suggesting that Spidey should throw MJ in a wall or have Captain Marvel being raped by her own son in the MCU. Seriously people should just do the research, of course Disassembled and HOM started because a Hack did a critical research failure in the first place.
    Well, I think it's essentially coming down to the popularity of said stories, and how bluntly problemetic said stories sound.
    Marcus Immortus story can be immediately associated with creepy/fucked-up/problemetic.
    One More Day can be associated with Deal with devil/Mass Mind Wipe/OOC for Spidey.
    While House of M is also associated with controversial stuff like genocide, the harm this story brought upon the "main character" is hardly mentioned.
    If anything Wanda is called a "bad bitch" in a positive manner simply because she was portrayed as powerful.
    And there is the thing with wanting "strong female characters", quoting Scarlet Witching, it's like jumping from one box to another, always come with this or that limitation.
    In the end you are free of weak tender girls and you get dumb emtionless muscles, they don't get written like human beings with multiple layers either way.

In regards to mentally deranged women, I honestly don't mind it, I just mind it on Wanda. There could be works that thoughfully depict a character descending into madness or why he/she is abnormal in certain way.
    But let's face it, Wanda's association with that come from a dumb contunity butchering. Her reputation of "mental illness" came from every casual fan's demand under the influence of HoM, not what is essentially inside her by character design or development.
    I would take an alternative take to her "mental illness" like considered crazy for knowing more than mortals know.(Kinda ironically that's how some knowledgeable women got called witches, and how Wanda is considered crazy by the fandom, it's not what she actually is, just what the mass think of her.)

Off topic but I recall a Tsundere joke in anime community.
    (Ask a girl if she is a Tsundere, if she answers yes, then she is one since she admit it, if she answers no, she is clearly a Tsundere since dishonest with feelings is one Tsundere character trait.)
    Applying this to Wanda it will be like
    (Ask Wanda if she is crazy, if she answeres yes, she admits it, if she answers no, she is too mentally deranged to detect her own mental condition.)
    Speaking of how people project their personal preference on certan characters...
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 10-13-2019 at 01:23 AM.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

From “BuzzFeedNews”, the Video at the bottom of that page, it starts automatically at 51:00 :

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...l-female-movie

Lizzie, at around 57:00 : “ … all of her like, powers and strengths and fears, and I really feel like WandaVisiom does a really beautiful job for our fans to really get to see how Wanda becomes the Scarlet Witch. We never referred to her as the Scarlet Witch on camera before, she’s always been just Wanda, and this is that opportunity, and it’s a big character deep-dive, and it’s gonne be really exiting and I think satisfying show for fans.”

Unless Lizzie has a really twisted view on what satisfying is, I don’t think that sounds that bad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    From “BuzzFeedNews”, the Video at the bottom of that page, it starts automatically at 51:00 :

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...l-female-movie

Lizzie, at around 57:00 : “ … all of her like, powers and strengths and fears, and I really feel like WandaVisiom does a really beautiful job for our fans to really get to see how Wanda becomes the Scarlet Witch. We never referred to her as the Scarlet Witch on camera before, she’s always been just Wanda, and this is that opportunity, and it’s a big character deep-dive, and it’s gonne be really exiting and I think satisfying show for fans.”

Unless Lizzie has a really twisted view on what satisfying is, I don’t think that sounds that bad.
    Depending on what she think is the representive of Wanda fans that is.
    I know for the masses, her being HoM-ied is some form of satisfaction.

Extraordinary Member

Well, off topic but how do we call the phenomenon where a portion of fans of mega-franchise like Marvel judging a character based on the standards of a single sub-franchise(usually a popular one).
    It's really confusing and uncomfortable when people use "where are Avengers when this/that happens."
    When it comes to Wanda it's like "why Wanda didn't do more for mutants." blabla, ignoring the isolated nature of certain franchises.
    If X-Men aren't even allowed to solve their problems, what do they think an outsider like Wanda should do, really.(Not to mention that the fans won't be actually happy if someone actually came around and solve the problem for them.)
    I honestly hate this one-dimensional standard held by some fans, and sometimes it felt like other characters are just foil to their world.

Yeah, I just feel like telling someone that "your beloved franchise is not the center of the universe and the character you talked **** about belonged somewhere else..."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Are there any stories that *only* feature Agatha, without Wanda? I don’t know any, but I never actively searched for any.
    Agatha was a guest star towards the end of Silver Surfer's 1987 series, an arc that featured Alicia Masters, the entity Scrier whom Agatha knew and met, and Surfer's arch-enemy. She even had a line where she stated that there are some fields of magic where she is superior to Strange.

https://www.comixology.com/Silver-Su...GlzdC9Jc3N1ZXM

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Agatha was a guest star towards the end of Silver Surfer's 1987 series, an arc that featured Alicia Masters, the entity Scrier whom Agatha knew and met, and Surfer's arch-enemy. She even had a line where she stated that there are some fields of magic where she is superior to Strange.

https://www.comixology.com/Silver-Su...GlzdC9Jc3N1ZXM

Yeah, I always thought that Agatha was outside the whole "Sorcerer Supreme" thing of Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's not exactly *only* Agatha, but she originally appeared as Franklin Richards's nanny - she was one of the last co-creations of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby - and Fantastic Four #94, her first issue, gives her the spotlight.

After Stan Lee stopped writing FF the other writers didn't seem to have much use for Agatha, so Steve Englehart brought her over to Avengers and used her to train Wanda in magic (or "magick" as he later insistently spelled it).
    Oh, alright – I always assumed Agathe is a character who was created *for* Wanda

Oh, alright – I always assumed Agathe is a character who was created *for* Wanda
    Oh no, Agatha was around for years before meeting Wanda. When Agatha stopped caring for young Franklin, he was cured, awake and with his parents. Agatha sensed Wanda's distress and her wanting her name "to be more truth than poetry" is I believe Wanda's quote. Both Agatha and Wanda readily accepted their new relationship of teacher and student.

Extraordinary Member

What's annoying is that because House of M is by far Wanda's best-known story with the general public, every theory and fake leak out there will be based partly on House of M. And who knows, maybe the real show/movie will be too, but whether it is or isn't, the clickbait sites will be full of barely-disguised HoM fanfic.

Probably this means I should stop looking at "spoilers" until the show or movie are actually shooting and there are more people who actually know parts of the story. But I can't really help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh no, Agatha was around for years before meeting Wanda. When Agatha stopped caring for young Franklin, he was cured, awake and with his parents. Agatha sensed Wanda's distress and her wanting her name "to be more truth than poetry" is I believe Wanda's quote. Both Agatha and Wanda readily accepted their new relationship of teacher and student.
    The cool thing about that is how Wanda is connected to so many parts of the Marvel universe (even setting aside all the different parents she's had): she's an Avengers character mostly, but she started as an X-Men character and later became part of the mystic side of Marvel, her magic mentor works for the Fantastic Four, she's related by marriage to the Inhuman royal family and her husband's body used to belong to the Golden Age Human Torch. I remember Steve Englehart said it was fun to write Vision & Wanda because "They know everyone in the Marvel Universe." I think street-level is one of the few areas where she doesn't have a lot of connections.

What's annoying is that because House of M is by far Wanda's best-known story with the general public, every theory and fake leak out there will be based partly on House of M. And who knows, maybe the real show/movie will be too, but whether it is or isn't, the clickbait sites will be full of barely-disguised HoM fanfic.

Probably this means I should stop looking at "spoilers" until the show or movie are actually shooting and there are more people who actually know parts of the story. But I can't really help myself.

The cool thing about that is how Wanda is connected to so many parts of the Marvel universe (even setting aside all the different parents she's had): she's an Avengers character mostly, but she started as an X-Men character and later became part of the mystic side of Marvel, her magic mentor works for the Fantastic Four, she's related by marriage to the Inhuman royal family and her husband's body used to belong to the Golden Age Human Torch. I remember Steve Englehart said it was fun to write Vision & Wanda because "They know everyone in the Marvel Universe." I think street-level is one of the few areas where she doesn't have a lot of connections.
    Yeah, All of Wanda's MCU storylines MUST be either HOM or Reverse HOM.

Yeah, Wanda knows a lot of people, Franklin Richards even once said she was his favourite Avenger

Same with me, I wish I could go into cryo-stasis until the series starts – as I still believe that the creators wouldn’t ruin her character in her very own show. Furthermore, I believe that Lizzie wouldn’t sign up to something that would ruin her character (she needed to sign a new contract specifically for the show, and she got pitched at least the basic concept).

Back to our regular program, there is a new supposed “plot leak” for Doctor Strange 2. Its quite obviously just all speculations so far thrown together, mostly regarding Wanda. The only thing I was missing is her creating mutants. Or maybe it’s there, I stopped at Zombies ….

Rumor: WandaVision Will Be Half Sitcom, Half Marvel Movie
    https://mcucosmic.com/2019/10/14/rum...-marvel-movie/

Beware of spoilers there

On top of that here is a link to Doctor Strange spoilers
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...se_of_madness/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 10-14-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

While I won’t dismiss spoilers just because I don’t like them, it’s too early to have any confidence in Multiverse of Madness leaks from 4Chan. The screenwriters may not have even finished writing yet.

While I won’t dismiss spoilers just because I don’t like them, it’s too early to have any confidence in Multiverse of Madness leaks from 4Chan. The screenwriters may not have even finished writing yet.
    4chan is like everything else that does leaks and rumors. Sometimes they are right, most times they are wrong. They have them for games I play and most of them are way off.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

That’s what Lizzie said the last time she talked about that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    4chan is like everything else that does leaks and rumors. Sometimes they are right, most times they are wrong. They have them for games I play and most of them are way off.
    The best thing is, when the one who happened to guess it right last time, for the next time gets the status of “reliable source”