Page 191 of 234 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    The best thing is, when the one who happened to guess it right last time, for the next time gets the status of “reliable source”
    Yeah, even correct spoilers might just be something somebody guessed. Like if someone said that Thanos would snap his fingers and make half the population disappear, they wouldn't need inside information to guess that in advance.

Usually when someone gets a reputation as a reliable or semi-reliable source it's because they broke something no one could have guessed, like the guy who broke the news of an Eternals movie. These "reliable" sources also get a lot wrong because they deal in rumors and gossip, but at least they can prove that some of the gossip is real.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Brian Michael Bendis finally gets the *credit* he deserves, starts at 7:47 (what was done to Carol is right before that):

Not a very well known channel, but it’s a start

I've seen that channel before. And it's pretty good. In general they know a lot. Only have gotten a couple things wrong (very minor stuff) and it's pretty entertaining.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Same with me, I wish I could go into cryo-stasis until the series starts – as I still believe that the creators wouldn’t ruin her character in her very own show. Furthermore, I believe that Lizzie wouldn’t sign up to something that would ruin her character (she needed to sign a new contract specifically for the show, and she got pitched at least the basic concept).

Back to our regular program, there is a new supposed “plot leak” for Doctor Strange 2. Its quite obviously just all speculations so far thrown together, mostly regarding Wanda. The only thing I was missing is her creating mutants. Or maybe it’s there, I stopped at Zombies ….
    Welp, while I think Lizzie would not be on board with obviously toxic elements of HoM, I don't really think she understands/knows enough of Wanda's history to be sensitive about this subject.
    Her claiming Wanda always being representive of mental illness also doesn't give off good signs, all I can wish is Writers/Producers doing their job.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Welp, while I think Lizzie would not be on board with obviously toxic elements of HoM, I don't really think she understands/knows enough of Wanda's history to be sensitive about this subject.
    Her claiming Wanda always being representive of mental illness also doesn't give off good signs, all I can wish is Writers/Producers doing their job.
    Because HoM was the first book they showed Olsen, and if you read that first then stuff like Wanda being short tempered under Englehart, for example, is alas seen through the prism of HoM.

If you show someone The Last Jedi before Empire Strikes Back their perception will be very different to one who watched them in chronological order.

The most insidiously toxic parts of HoM are largely invisible unless you have read a ton of Avengers comics and know the medium and it's tropes very well.

It should be noted that Olsen has called Wanda the "ultimate survivor", which I think is what Feige is going for.
    Feige has a genuine love of the characters which is why there has been none of the character assassination of the comics in the MCU.

I think WandaVision is its own story, as I doubt they will demand everyone watch both WV and DSMoM to understand the plot. I also doubt they would have WV be 6 hours long and then end on a cliffhanger and a massive downer ending.

Also, if we believe the leak; Monica dies, Wanda goes crazy, and Agatha is a villain. Would they really shaft 3 female characters like that just so Strange can be the Big hero? That would make all the talk by Marcel Studios of more representation for female characters a total joke.
    The biggest giveaway as to the "leak" being fake is the absurd character bloat and the Monica Rambeau subplot being absurdly contrived and time consuming. It feels of having pulled together rumours and applied fan fiction to it.

image0.jpg

Wanda is back?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...g-this-january

TAROT #1 WRITTEN BY ALAN DAVIS WITH ART AND COVER BY PAUL RENAUD

An all-new epic adventure teaming the classic Earth’s Mightiest Heroes with Marvel’s premiere Non-Team by Alan Davis and Paul Renaud!

A strange and impossible lost memory from his days in World War II draws Namor the Sub-Mariner to his one-time compatriot Captain America—but the two heroes and their respective allies find themselves pulled into a labyrinth of pain, destruction and madness courtesy of the Infernal Ichor of Ish’lzog!

Interesting. I'm all for some Avengers and Defenders stuff. Hopefully Wanda is more than background decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Interesting. I'm all for some Avengers and Defenders stuff. Hopefully Wanda is more than background decoration.
    Also it seems to be a tale set in the past. Disappointed Davis isn't drawing it as well

Old school Wanda is definitely better then no Wanda at all .

I'm glad that Wanda is working with the Big 3 again, and is appearing with Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, and The Hulk. I am also glad that Paul Renaud gets another chance at drawing Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Old school Wanda is definitely better then no Wanda at all .
    I really liked Old School Wanda, especially from this era. You never knew just what her hexes would do and they were fairly powerful too!

Given that she is rather drawn like in her classic costume makes be a bit skeptical whether she is just drawn as decoration for the cover, once again. On the other hand, they all appear a little simple/old school to me. And Wanda’s super-long cape fits to what she is currently wearing (excluding the Doctor Strange cameo).

I <<think>> that this is set in the past........and so Wanda would not be decoration but one of the main Avengers, just as all of the Defenders were at that point in time.

Hmm, I wonder if this includes Comics:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-studios-p...ative-officer/

If so, I believe it can only make things better for Wanda.