Page 2 of 234 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Just because one hack is gone, doesn't mean there will be another one around the corner. With comics no character is safe.

As for retconning them back, that can be easily done
    Yes, let's hope so!
    It's been a difficult ride for Scarlet Witch since the Bendis earthquake (because when He screws a character it takes years to undo the damage!) but she's such an interesting character at the crossroads of everything! I remember fondly of the Busiek/Perez era, she was more confident even becoming deputy leader, her powers were more well-defined than ever (which is quite a feat in itself) and Perez draw her out of love! And this costume, it has an Heroic Fantasy feel!
    ffa2be69255ea4554d56148cf85f0a37.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Yes, let's hope so!
    It's been a difficult ride for Scarlet Witch since the Bendis earthquake (because when He screws a character it takes years to undo the damage!) but she's such an interesting character at the crossroads of everything! I remember fondly of the Busiek/Perez era, she was more confident even becoming deputy leader,
    I still find it disappointing that she didn't become leader of the team, instead declaring that she was "not ready" and recommending the Wasp take over again. Maybe that was just because Wanda had been a little too much of a focus in the first two years of that run and it was time to put other characters in the spotlight, but her character development was sort of frozen from that point on.

It's a very long shot that she could ever lead an Avengers team again, but only "Force Works" dealt at all with what she would be like as a team leader (she did become leader right at the end of West Coast Avengers but there was never time to actually show her leading the team), so there is a lot of story potential left there.

(It was kind of funny that the late '90s Avengers run, being very continuity conscious, acknowledged that she had lead both the WCA and Force Works, but then still acted as if it was a huge and new thing for her to accept a position as the Avengers' deputy.)

If anyone wants to visit the old thread, then here is a link:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ppreciation-II

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I still find it disappointing that she didn't become leader of the team, instead declaring that she was "not ready" and recommending the Wasp take over again. Maybe that was just because Wanda had been a little too much of a focus in the first two years of that run and it was time to put other characters in the spotlight, but her character development was sort of frozen from that point on.

It's a very long shot that she could ever lead an Avengers team again, but only "Force Works" dealt at all with what she would be like as a team leader (she did become leader right at the end of West Coast Avengers but there was never time to actually show her leading the team), so there is a lot of story potential left there.

(It was kind of funny that the late '90s Avengers run, being very continuity conscious, acknowledged that she had lead both the WCA and Force Works, but then still acted as if it was a huge and new thing for her to accept a position as the Avengers' deputy.)
    If they retcon her back to being a mutant I hope she becomes a leader...of an X-Men team!
    It's time for Wanda to give back! She could at the same time atone for this "No more mutants" mess and help a new generation flourish! I understand that her contribution to the mutant cause was being a proeminent mutant in the Avengers team, and the power of representation is important, but I think now it is time for her to do more!

Extraordinary Member

Suddenly gaining X-Men leadership would be more than weird. She doesn't have history serving as an X-Man so she doesn't really fit that role.
    And let's say this, if Wanda is going to be a leader, it should be about her feeling commited to the team's cause or she feeling ready for a step foward instead of feeling the need for atonement.
    Also she really did enough in X-franchise, the Magnus family drama she fuels. It's her Avengers career that is cut short.

Other than that, sure, change it back, don't make a big deal though. It's never the focus or the point.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-02-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Yeah I agree, and honestly I'm tired of the Wanda needs to atone stuff. They might have botched all that, but it's a nearly 14 year old story now. It's time to just leave it be. It's likely that they wouldn't do any better than they did when they had random characters punching her. She just doesn't need that anymore. And I don't want to read it anymore.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I agree, and honestly I'm tired of the Wanda needs to atone stuff. They might have botched all that, but it's a nearly 14 year old story now. It's time to just leave it be. It's likely that they wouldn't do any better than they did when they had random characters punching her. She just doesn't need that anymore. And I don't want to read it anymore.
    Same here, she has already atoned for the whole House of M crap by helping to undo the mess in AVsX. She's done atoning, let's move on, instead of dredging up the past and 14/15 year old garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Suddenly gaining X-Men leadership would be more than weird. She doesn't have history serving as an X-Man so she doesn't really fit that role.
    And let's say this, if Wanda is going to be a leader, it should be about her feeling commited to the team's cause or she feeling ready for a step foward instead of feeling the need for atonement.
    Also she really did enough in X-franchise, the Magnus family drama she fuels. It's her Avengers career that is cut short.

Other than that, sure, change it back, don't make a big deal though. It's never the focus or the point.
    Make her the leader of a new Uncanny Avengers but do the team right this time

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

My first introduction to Scarlet Witch was in the 90s Iron Man cartoon alongside Hawkeye, War Machine and Mandarin. She...

Scarlet_Witch_IM.jpg

...Oh wow. That's different. I don't remember her looking like that at all. I remember her wearing her classic costume. So maybe the classic one was in the 90s X-Men cartoon. I don't remember her appearing in X-Men, but I didn't watch every episode.

Oh well.

She... I actually don't remember anything from that Iron Man cartoon. I don't remember what her character was, what she did except being part of the ensemble, and what's her relation to Tony.

So uh... That's it for now!

Astonishing Member

That horrible short-lived outfit was introduced in the SW mini-series by Abnett and Lanning. It's so sad that it was featured in that Iron Man cartoon and in the Avengers poster drawn by Perez. I kinda liked the Deodato designed one that showed up during the Crossing. The problem I had with the Perez gypsy outfit -- was that it was a bit too revealing. I thought she should have been wearing pink leggings.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    My first introduction to Scarlet Witch was in the 90s Iron Man cartoon alongside Hawkeye, War Machine and Mandarin. She...

Scarlet_Witch_IM.jpg

...Oh wow. That's different. I don't remember her looking like that at all. I remember her wearing her classic costume. So maybe the classic one was in the 90s X-Men cartoon. I don't remember her appearing in X-Men, but I didn't watch every episode.

Oh well.

She... I actually don't remember anything from that Iron Man cartoon. I don't remember what her character was, what she did except being part of the ensemble, and what's her relation to Tony.

So uh... That's it for now!
    She wore her classic costume in the X-men 90's cartoon.

I hated the Iron man version of Wanda it was all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I love it that she is in the center of the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Wanda, the Avengers Guiding Light