Page 11 of 234 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, it would be strange if it's Strange's doing since why would he? (Also she got her power before Stephen started his magic training in MCU) And Wanda's power is not Strange's profession.
    Agatha is the obvious choice, still I want her power more bound to herself than knowledge.
    Maybe during Endgame he notices the nature of Wanda's power, and when she eventually loses that he tries to help her get her powers back through magic as he knows she got some experience with it, even if unknown to herself. She got them before but she got no professional training like him, with his help and Agatha's she could learn other spells beside her usual energy blasts, shield & tk. Him training her in the second film would also be there to show to anyone who might have missed the streaming series that Wanda learnt magic.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    If they were to introduce magic to MCU Wanda, I would prefer it to be the legacy idea. That she inherited from her mother and Agatha (who could be a family friend) helps her.
    I get that since it's true to her comic book version, but I'm not sure if that's the way to go on the MCU, I don't think a magic background fits the character, it makes more sense for her magic to be related to her connection to the mind stone than a ancestral power. If she does get magic I see it as something that happens going forward, not by changing her past, specially since in the MCU anyone can learn magic.
    ~Magic happens
    but only if you are open to the possibility
    that what makes the earth go round
    is the same exact thing that makes us believe in each other~

Extraordinary Member

It's not really about past or future, it's about what is unique.
    If she simply learns magic from Stephen, she will basically be an average Jane of Karma-Taj. Yes, you could make her talented and stuff but then what set her apart from Stephen anyway?
    Agatha works better as a personal tutor since her branch of magic is relatively less common.

By using either Wundagore/Chthon's mark or Natalya routine gives her the most unique and personal magic.
    Chthon's mark is like the mixture of being a "chosen one" and a random-ass girl. (Since you know, it doesn't have to specifically her, it could be any baby with the right traits born on Wundagore)
    Also ancestral power usually comes with a legacy to live up to and stuff, again this will probably overtake Wanda's own wishes and desires, the story is at the risk of shifting from more personal stuff.

Chthon's case would be a more simple one of run or fight situation, and easily more drama, since Chthon is a much more tangible threat than "I cannot control my power".
    Also if she is to be present in a Doctor Strange movie, Chthon background will give some interesting takes on her relationship with Stephen since she bears the mark of his enemy.

If she is going to get actual magic, might as well be a new type which is bloodline or curse/bless based magic which is different from knowledge-based magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suil View Post
    Maybe during Endgame he notices the nature of Wanda's power, and when she eventually loses that he tries to help her get her powers back through magic as he knows she got some experience with it, even if unknown to herself. She got them before but she got no professional training like him, with his help and Agatha's she could learn other spells beside her usual energy blasts, shield & tk. Him training her in the second film would also be there to show to anyone who might have missed the streaming series that Wanda learnt magic.

I get that since it's true to her comic book version, but I'm not sure if that's the way to go on the MCU, I don't think a magic background fits the character, it makes more sense for her magic to be related to her connection to the mind stone than a ancestral power. If she does get magic I see it as something that happens going forward, not by changing her past, specially since in the MCU anyone can learn magic.
    The way I would go about is, that Wanda's powers following Endgame start acting up, so she goes back to Sokovia to the old Hydra base to maybe get some answers. While in Sokovia, she stays with Agatha, a family firend who reveals about Wanda's mum being a witch and that's how she and Pietro survived Hydra's experiments. The mind stone activated her mystical powers but now Wanda needs to learn how to use them and regain control.

Extraordinary Member

If they're pulling from recent comics then Agatha would be a no-brainer to include because she played an important part not only in Scarlet Witch, but in Vision. The only question is if she's fully owned by Fox or if she's a shared character like Wanda and Pietro (that won't matter soon, but it might matter while they're writing the series).

(When people read Vision's series in trades, Agatha being a floating ghost who follows Wanda around is going to be one of the weirdest things about it, though King pointed out that it actually helped the story because no one could be sure that a ghost was telling them the truth.)

I'd prefer the Agatha stuff too. For the reasons I stated before about how stereotypical the portrayal of Romani having magical blood was in that story. Even if Wanda in the show is just vaguely Eastern European instead. Because of the confusion.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Elizabeth Olsen Gets The Iconic Scarlet Witch Look In Awesome Fan Art
    https://heroichollywood.com/elizabet...witch-fan-art/

Potential spoilers for Wanda and Vision's streaming show:
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/plot...witch-tv-show/

Why Did Jack Kirby Have Scarlet Witch Wear a Wimple?
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-scarlet...-kirby-wimple/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 01-15-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Another thing I thought I’d never see, “Avengers Disassembled” in a list of Marvel’s 25 biggest mistakes:

https://www.looper.com/14944/marvels...s-disassembled

Of course, in the end of the day this is only someone’s opinion, and often enough I disagree with “Looper”, but it is quite a big Channel/Site, and clearly a steep in the right direction.

Without Aveggies Discombobulated, New Aveggies wouldn't have made the Veggies Marvel's top franchise, meaning they wouldn't have expanded the line to include more characters like Wanda more often and she would have been at the center of less events and storylines, like the Veggies event about her starting next month.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Without Aveggies Discombobulated, New Aveggies wouldn't have made the Veggies Marvel's top franchise, meaning they wouldn't have expanded the line to include more characters like Wanda more often and she would have been at the center of less events and storylines, like the Veggies event about her starting next month.
    MCU Avengers would have brought that anyway. Like how Marvel has been pushing Carol since year before her movie comes out.

And whether Disassembled brought an interesting status quo or not, the story itself is still kinda bad if you know anything about the canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    MCU Avengers would have brought that anyway. Like how Marvel has been pushing Carol since year before her movie comes out.

And whether Disassembled brought an interesting status quo or not, the story itself is still kinda bad if you know anything about the canon.
    They pushed Carol more and more because years of consistent comic sales proved it was viable to do so, and a movie can't lift up a property or character's place in a different market all on its own, which is why we're not flooded with Ant-Man titles. You don't have to bet on a different market to lift a character up when the beginning of modern Avengers is about that character, and the organic expansion of that franchise stemming from that allowed for that character to be more relevant than ever once she was fully reintegrated.

Extraordinary Member

You talked like AD enabled her to be in more storylines while it is not really true.
    Also Wanda is a classic Avenger and it's already her rightful place. Why would she need Avengers to be expanded to be included, it just sounds absurd.
    As big ad Hickman's Avengers team was, she wad not part of it. Avengers get to become bigger, but her place is rendered irrelevant.
    Her interest was no longer bound to Avengers franchise when AD happened, and we all know how she as a character suffered when Avengers "thrived".
    She was sacrificed for a cause that she get nearly no benefit from. Try not to justify with some " greater good" logic.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-15-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

They pushed Carol more and more because years of consistent comic sales proved it was viable to do so, and a movie can't lift up a property or character's place in a different market all on its own, which is why we're not flooded with Ant-Man titles. You don't have to bet on a different market to lift a character up when the beginning of modern Avengers is about that character, and the organic expansion of that franchise stemming from that allowed for that character to be more relevant than ever once she was fully reintegrated.
    Yeah, but did MCU give Scott Lang more solo runs? No?
    Do you actually think Marvel Comics didn't try to milk movie popularity?
    Also movies and video games do lift up a character's overall status and popularity, and thus more profitable, it doesn't have to come from comics, but Marvel will invest more
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-15-2019 at 09:37 PM.

I really like how they drew her hair on this cover.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Hair color check, eye color check.
    But what about her headdress?
    Sorry, I just remember that time when we talk about Wanda's changing features whenever we get bored.