Page 82 of 234 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3507
    Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    Wanda handed Thanos his backside, and he only didn't die through sheer desperation. If that doesn't convey her badassery well, then IDK what would?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I would love for her powers to evolve in the MCU, but I hope they don't go big right away. Like, start with her classic probability manipulation powers; make her be able to see and ''pick'' possible outcomes around the multiverse (similar to what Doctor Strange already did in Infinity War), and then gradually add some mystic stuff into the story, getting her to a point where she is able to tap into Chaos Magic and, therefore, a proper reality warping kind of power. I think that could be nice way to develop her abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Regarding point 4 on your list, it is very strange what the MCU is saying about her powers. Feige has confirmed her powers are magic-based, like Dr. Strange, but not as refined. I don't think there is anything in the films that suggests that at all, but that is what was said.
    When did Feige say her powers where magic-based?

Ultimate Member

I still want her and Dr. Strange to interact in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It was talked about a little when Dr. Strange was coming out. This is what I found after doing a quic google search:

In an interview with Comicbook.com, Kevin Feige, the President of Marvel Studios, stated that the Scarlet Witch's powers are, in fact, magic: "Her powers, she's never had any training, I'm talking about Scarlet Witch. She never had any training; she's figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that's why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. In [Doctor Strange], some of what you might see today, even the cover of Entertainment Weekly, it's much tighter. It's all about focus. It's all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way."
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 05-26-2019 at 03:03 AM.

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    I would have loved just a quick shot of Strange seeing Wanda use her powers and clearly being intrigue by her.
    end of spoilers

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    spoilers:
    I would have loved just a quick shot of Strange seeing Wanda use her powers and clearly being intrigue by her.
    end of spoilers
    Agreed. I'd want that character to guest in WandaVision.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    True, but Wanda's powers have been shown to be purely psychic. She largey ditched using telepathy after AOU and mostly goes for telekinesis . It could be possible of other factors affected Pietro's powers, like different exiperiments and Carol was exposed to the energy of a Space Stone powered engine rather than the stone itself.
    Well, those are good enough theories but it's not anything that has been established. Marvel could go with that if they wanted to, but they could also go with something else. Honestly unless Pietro comes back I doubt they will touch more on the semantics of his powers anyway. So what we have right now is that they both got experimented on with the mind stone but got different powers. How or why? No one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Word of God and cut scenes are one thing, but on screen therefore officially canon, Maria Hill says "Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation"
    That's one character giving the information she had at the moment. Wanda does have telekinesis and metal manipulation and Maria mentioned that based on... I don't really remember, just seeing Wanda in action, or maybe reading Hydra's files? But that doesn't mean that's all she can ever do.

Honestly in my opinion Wanda staying with only telekinesis(though her powers honestly don't even feel like just telekinesis for me right now) is not the best for her character. Magic, chaos magic, hexes, reality warping etc brings so much more opportunities for interesting stories with her, and this whole "oh but then they're gonna do HOUSE O-" panic is tiring.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I would love for her powers to evolve in the MCU, but I hope they don't go big right away. Like, start with her classic probability manipulation powers; make her be able to see and ''pick'' possible outcomes around the multiverse (similar to what Doctor Strange already did in Infinity War), and then gradually add some mystic stuff into the story, getting her to a point where she is able to tap into Chaos Magic and, therefore, a proper reality warping kind of power. I think that could be nice way to develop her abilities.

She may not have that much time, also Chaos Magic is not really something you tap into later on, you are either born with it or not at all.
    In Busiek's run Wanda was always wielding it, but she didn't know the exact mechanics until Agatha told her the details.(Also Probability Maniplation is also the effect of Chaos Magic, just in a much smaller scale.)
    I think they should start right with Chaos Magic/Wundagore/Chthonic stuff, and let her develop her power with the menacing presence of Chthon.
    And her development of power would be coupled with her greater understanding of her creator and enemy, that sort of thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    It was talked about a little when Dr. Strange was coming out. This is what I found after doing a quic google search:

In an interview with Comicbook.com, Kevin Feige, the President of Marvel Studios, stated that the Scarlet Witch's powers are, in fact, magic: "Her powers, she's never had any training, I'm talking about Scarlet Witch. She never had any training; she's figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that's why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. In [Doctor Strange], some of what you might see today, even the cover of Entertainment Weekly, it's much tighter. It's all about focus. It's all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way."
    Visually, Endgame kinda proved that since Ancient One and Stephen himself used "unfocus magic energy" as well, when Ancient pulled Hulk's body to Bruce, or when Stephen was controlling the flood, you can see faint orange energy around the controlled object.
    Very much like how Wanda moves thing around with her red energy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, those are good enough theories but it's not anything that has been established. Marvel could go with that if they wanted to, but they could also go with something else. Honestly unless Pietro comes back I doubt they will touch more on the semantics of his powers anyway. So what we have right now is that they both got experimented on with the mind stone but got different powers. How or why? No one knows.

That's one character giving the information she had at the moment. Wanda does have telekinesis and metal manipulation and Maria mentioned that based on... I don't really remember, just seeing Wanda in action, or maybe reading Hydra's files? But that doesn't mean that's all she can ever do.

Honestly in my opinion Wanda staying with only telekinesis(though her powers honestly don't even feel like just telekinesis for me right now) is not the best for her character. Magic, chaos magic, hexes, reality warping etc brings so much more opportunities for interesting stories with her, and this whole "oh but then they're gonna do HOUSE O-" panic is tiring.
    Yeah, HoM alarm is when people not shutting up about "bringing in the mutants", "Wanda goes insane and powerful", etc, not simply reality warping.
    Sure, a lot of people just think of these stuff when RW is brought up, but part of Wanda's interesting and juicy lore is tied to RW and magic that aren't related to Bendis/Byrne stuff.

Also her current power is like energy manipulation anyway, I would not mind they go with Agatha's explanation under Busiek that her base form power is Energy Manipulation.

Ultimate Member

It wouldn't be too hard to have Strange show up and tell Wanda that "you are capable of more than you realize, let me help you realize that" or something, Especially since Wanda has been played up as the "kid sister" of the Avengers thus far in the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It wouldn't be too hard to have Strange show up and tell Wanda that "you are capable of more than you realize, let me help you realize that" or something, Especially since Wanda has been played up as the "kid sister" of the Avengers thus far in the MCU.
    Yeah, when she should have been a classic member, sadly other media just use MCU OG6 as the face of Avengers nowadays.(I am rather pissed at the rumor of Avengers Project pulling another "OG6" and Infinity Stones on us, a franchise so narrowly defined.)
    I actually wouldn't mind they explore Stephen/Wanda relationship from a sibling angle since MCU Wanda lost Pietro and there was a cut scene about Donna Strange.(Stephen's dead sister).

But since WandaVision is in work, I would prefer Agatha to be the one telling Wanda about her potential and her origin and stuff, I mean, that's basically her job in comics.
    Doctor Strange 2 is likely to be released earlier than WandaVision though, even earlier than Falcon and Winter Soldier, her appearing in DS2 or not would affect the script I think.
    If we are talking about WandaVision show, Stephen won't serve too much of a purpose since his role can be filled by others.
    I would like a Wanda well aware of her own nature interact with Stephen, would be more interesting that way, like when Wanda casually tells him she was marked by Chthon or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

She doesn't have to stay with her psychic powers but they should be her base set and any powers should evolve naturally from that. Going from them straight to RW would be a really bad idea. Her powers should be natural progression, learning magic from Agatha would be a good start.

Also, we have every reason to worry whenever Wanda + Reality Warping is mentioned, because HOM is clearly what they would be going for.

I would prefer Wanda never to have RW powers, in fact no hero should have it, messing with reality seems more of a villain thing

Extraordinary Member

Would it be considered too optimistic to just assume the Reality Warping stuff would be more like harmless and well-defined Busiek ones?
    I wouldn't mind they show her tap into Mystical links and sources, plug and unplug them.
    I would want something like taking down Morgan Le Fay/Challenger, though it looks more like an charged energy attack than Reality Warping.