Page 220 of 220 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220
Results 3,286 to 3,299 of 3299
  1. #3286
    Precious Spice Saffron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That was brief and she definitely didn't become adept at anything from that. It wouldn't be until later when they did the Agatha stuff and then the Chthonic stuff that you really got to understand Wanda as a magical character for sure. I think they had intended on doing more, but the Arkon stuff happened. Then revisited it later. But definitely in the movies/tv, it shouldn't be vague or sudden. I don't think that does her any service. She needs her full origin. And Agatha is still important to her to this day, despite a lot happening between them. I think that's too powerful to ignore.
    I'm wondering if they're just going to have Strange take Agatha's role instead, at least in part? I'm sure all of you have had this thought too.

  2. #3287
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It was already hinted that see had magical powers before she knew Agatha or Chthon, when she was looking through old books and spells to restore her powers
    I think it had more to do with Wanda desperately seeking a "cure", just like Stephen seeking out Karma-Taj to cure his hands doesn't make Stephen already magical/mystical before his visit to Karma-Taj.

  3. #3288
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That was brief and she definitely didn't become adept at anything from that. It wouldn't be until later when they did the Agatha stuff and then the Chthonic stuff that you really got to understand Wanda as a magical character for sure. I think they had intended on doing more, but the Arkon stuff happened. Then revisited it later. But definitely in the movies/tv, it shouldn't be vague or sudden. I don't think that does her any service. She needs her full origin. And Agatha is still important to her to this day, despite a lot happening between them. I think that's too powerful to ignore.
    I agree. If Nightmare is the Big Bad of this, they could at least have him explain why he was interested in Wanda, which could lead onto the Chthon stuff.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  4. #3289
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think it had more to do with Wanda desperately seeking a "cure", just like Stephen seeking out Karma-Taj to cure his hands doesn't make Stephen already magical/mystical before his visit to Karma-Taj.
    True, but Strange only went to Karma-Taj after hearing about the ancient one. Wanda's powers fade and next time we see her, she's already digging through magic books, hinting at some knowledge of magic
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  5. #3290
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Wanda seemed comfortable looking through those old mystical tombs. Wanda also knew where in Europe, in which castle they would be located and on which level and in which room!

    Also, we never saw Miss Harkness "teach" Wanda magic per see; she did teach Wanda to control her hex, letting it flow out to do Wanda's bidding (putting a conscious desire with it), rather than letting it burst forth, as Wanda had done from the beginning and doing whatever just occurred. But in the end, it drained Wanda even more (initially).

    We did hear Wanda say that Miss Harkness taught her to have a natural affinity for things witches like: earth, air, fire and water. This also applied to fibers that Wanda once used to wrap up Moondragon. Not sure how natural elements, that have nothing to do with her Hex Power, influencing it and amplifying it.

  6. #3291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wanda seemed comfortable looking through those old mystical tombs. Wanda also knew where in Europe, in which castle they would be located and on which level and in which room!

    Also, we never saw Miss Harkness "teach" Wanda magic per see; she did teach Wanda to control her hex, letting it flow out to do Wanda's bidding (putting a conscious desire with it), rather than letting it burst forth, as Wanda had done from the beginning and doing whatever just occurred. But in the end, it drained Wanda even more (initially).

    We did hear Wanda say that Miss Harkness taught her to have a natural affinity for things witches like: earth, air, fire and water. This also applied to fibers that Wanda once used to wrap up Moondragon. Not sure how natural elements, that have nothing to do with her Hex Power, influencing it and amplifying it.
    Agatha's teachings were briefly shown, but Wanda was definitely there as her magical pupil. It's there on the pages. She's there to of course teach Wanda how to control her powers, but she does so using magic. So she learns magic to control what was then her natural abilities, that we'd learn later came from Chthon. When Wanda uses magic to bring back Eric Masterson from shards of glass, she references what she learned from Agatha. What she taught her DID influence her natural abilities, because Wanda has to fight to keep in control of holding the fragment of the power of an elder god. You have to keep in mind that much about Wanda plays out in the Avengers books. And that is a team book. So there's not a lot of time to spend on Wanda alone. But anyone who has read Vision and the Scarlet Witch even by itself would know the impact that Agatha had on teaching Wanda. She uses what she learned from Agatha in that book and takes on an apprentice.

    Also, the whole Eastern Europe being magical thing, with vampires, witches and werewolves is an old trope. Stemming from Vlad the Impaler. So in fiction, any magical characters come from there, and already know what to do about magic and dealing with the supernatural. I think it was just an old B-movie reference to try and make it easy for her to get her powers back.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; Yesterday at 12:05 PM.
    Was Curlytop

  7. #3292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    I'm wondering if they're just going to have Strange take Agatha's role instead, at least in part? I'm sure all of you have had this thought too.
    Yeah but that's not obviously preferable. It likely just will be to save time, development and casting. But it doesn't do Wanda a lot of good. Because she already doesn't have much of her support cast.
    Was Curlytop

  8. #3293
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Who's gonna tell them

  9. #3294

    Default

    Nothing new for CBR. They've been claiming this all along. Sometimes I wonder if anyone that writes the articles on the main page read comics.
    Was Curlytop

  10. #3295
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Who's gonna tell them
    How to make a CBR video.
    1.Snatch a comic movie pic with whatever character on it.
    2.Slam an arrow and CBR logo on it.
    3.Write an article that follows the general idea of current "fans" who don't nessecarily make sense,

  11. #3296

    Default

    They basically do the Youtube click bait thing, because they need those clicks badly.
    Was Curlytop

  12. #3297
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

    Also, the whole Eastern Europe being magical thing, with vampires, witches and werewolves is an old trope. Stemming from Vlad the Impaler. So in fiction, any magical characters come from there, and already know what to do about magic and dealing with the supernatural. I think it was just an old B-movie reference to try and make it easy for her to get her powers back.
    Reminds me of a doctor in an old Batman story tells Bruce Wayne that his fiancee should go to "Hungry - The Land of History and Werewolves"
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  13. #3298
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    https://www.cbr.com/totally-tubular-...alendar-day-6/

    Not sure if this was already brought up
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  14. #3299
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,296

    Default

    Hints about WandaVision location shooting.

    Update: It seems to have been taken down. From what I recall it said there was a casting call out for people to be in a Halloween trick-or-treating scene and showed a location similar to the house from the second Vision & the Scarlet Witch series.
    Last edited by gurkle; Today at 02:23 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •