Page 205 of 234 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    IDing the comics in the background of the WandaVision sizzler shown in ‘Expanding the Universe’ on Disney+ by tumblr user ‘those-celestial-bodies.’
    Attachment 89354
    Not sure how they plan on tying that together, maybe it ties in with the Dr. Strange film?

Anyway, History of the Marvel Universe #5

Last edited by jmc247; 11-14-2019 at 10:47 AM.

IDing the comics in the background of the WandaVision sizzler shown in ‘Expanding the Universe’ on Disney+ by tumblr user ‘those-celestial-bodies.’
    Attachment 89354
    If it's most of that, I'll be done with Marvel completely. There's better stories to tell. Jumping to reality warping without any Chthonic stuff is generic. And shows the only thing they know of this character is that one hack event.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Not sure how they plan on tying that together, maybe it ties in with the Dr. Strange film?

I dare Marvel to show anything else about Wanda, at all. 55 years of history and this is just all they resort to all the time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If it's most of that, I'll be done with Marvel completely. There's better stories to tell. Jumping to reality warping without any Chthonic stuff is generic. And shows the only thing they know of this character is that one hack event.
    There will be tons of HoM references building up to the series whether or not it does Wanda wrong, alas. The MCU has a huge recency bias and that means her most famous “modern” story will be part of the promotion no matter how different the show is, especially because so much of the plot is secret.

I will say that Vision being in it is in itself a step up from HoM. Of all the stupid things in that story having no Vision in her “perfect” world was the worst. It makes me wonder if Brevoort really is against that pair, that he wouldn’t even feature it in a fantasy world.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

The best that I see (relatively speaking ) is that there is something *not* to be seen, and that is from “Avengers Disassembled” Doctor Strange’s ginormous two page rant about how Wanda always was bound to go insane. Of course for real that was Brian Michael Bendis speaking, essentially dismissing the entire character Wanda as a failure.

I dare MARVEL to have Wanda say “No more Mutants” while there are (still) no Mutants in the MCU. Maybe that will be part of the comedy

BTW, in “History of the Marvel Universe #5” at least they also mention that Wanda helped Hope Summers to restore the mutants.

It likely won't be about mutants at all. I don't want the plot device, and baby crazy bs.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It makes me wonder if Brevoort really is against that pair, that he wouldn’t even feature it in a fantasy world.
    Brevoort stated on his Formspring a while back that he's not for revisiting old pairings, because those stories have already been told.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Dr.Strange is as much as a tool in HoM as Wanda, I don't think it holds any meaningful content for the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Attachment 89354
    Well, I really hope there is some Avengers issues, where most of their stories and lore come from. Yet I see bunch of HoM.
    Some issues with Agatha and Chthon will do for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    There will be tons of HoM references building up to the series whether or not it does Wanda wrong, alas. The MCU has a huge recency bias and that means her most famous “modern” story will be part of the promotion no matter how different the show is, especially because so much of the plot is secret.

I will say that Vision being in it is in itself a step up from HoM. Of all the stupid things in that story having no Vision in her “perfect” world was the worst. It makes me wonder if Brevoort really is against that pair, that he wouldn’t even feature it in a fantasy world.
    I just dislike no matter what it will do free advertising for HoM and until something more impactful about her comes out in comics. This comic will help form the first impression of Wanda for new comic readers and fans.
    I wish there is easier way for new comers to know more about the general lore and essential stories of Wanda, but nope, they will go to read that overrated overdramatic family drama anyway.
    The history of Marvel at least mentioned Chthon/Wundagore though.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

For anyone wondering, this is exactly what was shown in the Expanding The Universe documentary:

It was mostly single pages, and not entire issues. I think what's likely is that they are taking inspiration from some particular, individual moments. I don't think the final product will look like the actual HOM at all, but it will take inspiration from some of its concepts, which I think it was pretty much inevitable, considering the WandaVision show seems like it's heading to a similar concept of Wanda living in a fake, perfect world. Plus, we don't get to see the whole wall, so it's possible there are more pages there we don't know about.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    For anyone wondering, this is exactly what was shown in the Expanding The Universe documentary:

It was mostly single pages, and not entire issues. I think what's likely is that they are taking inspiration from some particular, individual moments. I don't think the final product will look like the actual HOM at all, but it will take inspiration from some of its concepts, which I think it was pretty much inevitable, considering the WandaVision show seems like it's heading to a similar concept of Wanda living in a fake, perfect world. Plus, we don't get to see the whole wall, so it's possible there are more pages there we don't know about.
    It's more about the proportion, this show is practically impossible to actually replicate HoM, but the material shown isn't that promising I think.
    Maybe it's just for visual inspiration? I don't mind the "lego effect" but that is already my maximum tolerance level. I simply wish some more classic Avengers issues can be shown, or heck even more recent ones like No Surrender.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 11-15-2019 at 02:04 AM.

One of the major problems I have is if they establish that she can full out do reality warping without anything about Chthon, they've cut out essential Wanda lore. I'm already having to hope by some small margin that they even have her support cast. The other is if it's baby crazy stuff. Because they can still do that, where they can't do the fake mutant utopia yet. And even if it's Wanda's imaginary world, there's still a chance they make her "crazy" without any care of depicting mental illness in any proper way.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I really hope there is some Avengers issues, where most of their stories and lore come from. Yet I see bunch of HoM.
    Some issues with Agatha and Chthon will do for me.
    There is some stuff we know will be in there, yet is not to be seen on that wall.

We know Monica Rambeau will be in there, and she will most likely become an Avenger. Maybe for the MCU Monica will replace Carol as one of Wanda’s closest friends.

It’s now almost save to assume that Agatha Harkness will be in there, yet also nowhere to be seen on that wall, even though there are plenty of comics to draw from.

Chthon is a big questionmark though, putting rumors aside, there is no hint of him (it?) being there. Maybe Marvel Studious has no interest in Chthon or just doesn’t want to reveal it yet.

And as * Drops Of Venus * pointed out, this isn’t the whole wall anyway.

I also find it weird that the “Internet Media” only jumped to the “Wanda having Babies” – stuff, even though some of the “House of M” – stuff is just as easy to recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    There is some stuff we know will be in there, yet is not to be seen on that wall.

We know Monica Rambeau will be in there, and she will most likely become an Avenger. Maybe for the MCU Monica will replace Carol as one of Wanda’s closest friends.

It’s now almost save to assume that Agatha Harkness will be in there, yet also nowhere to be seen on that wall, even though there are plenty of comics to draw from.

Chthon is a big questionmark though, putting rumors aside, there is no hint of him (it?) being there. Maybe Marvel Studious has no interest in Chthon or just doesn’t want to reveal it yet.

And as * Drops Of Venus * pointed out, this isn’t the whole wall anyway.

I also find it weird that the “Internet Media” only jumped to the “Wanda having Babies” – stuff, even though some of the “House of M” – stuff is just as easy to recognize.
    HoM did involve her sons. It's brief, but everything that happened from AD to HoM is linked to her sons because the reason it happened was written to be because of them. I don't think the media made up that link in this case.