Page 77 of 234 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Johnny Blaze had a hellfire shotgun during his cyborg Imagesque days, so it's not really original or impressive.

I hate Jane Foster, especially as she makes a mockery of people with cancer and steals other heroes identities.
    I mean Wanda is not the type of person you think that would wield a firearm.
    So a hellfire shotgun is fresh for her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She isn't, at her own power level though. When using outside sources like the Twilight Sword, the Life Force, or the PF in conjunction with her own, she can be the most powerful. On her own, not so much for the most part. Writers can sometimes forget that she's down to her own power level and have her do something she shouldn't able to do. But her normal power set leaves her being effective enough, but not uber or god-like.

And I feel that's best for the character. Anytime they make her uber, they forget she's a character too. They just make her full on macguffin.
    Yeah, also when there is no big enough of a threat for her to put down. (Morgan, Challenger.)
    She usually ended up being the threat.
    I don't mind them making her powerful, if the enemy in question is enough of a match so they don't make Wanda the source of threat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, as I've said elsewhere, once Disney bought Fox I felt relieved that the retcon happened, even though I thought the retcon was stupid and petty. Now at least there's one more thing to stand in the way of Wanda being somehow folded into the MCU X-Men, the way she was folded into Wolverine and the X-Men and left out of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes a few years back.

Now at least she is not Magneto's daughter in the comics or in the MCU, and there is a chance that she won't get swallowed up by that the way she did from about 2004 to 2012 or so.
    I think Wanda's role in mutant/X franchise while not big or prominent, usually fit some juicy and popular tropes that draw in certain audience and fans.
    Like at first glance, an "evil" monarch's hot and kind Princess is kinda appealing, but is that really Wanda's place? Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, also when there is no big enough of a threat for her to put down. (Morgan, Challenger.)
    She usually ended up being the threat.
    I don't mind them making her powerful, if the enemy in question is enough of a match so they don't make Wanda the source of threat.
    It should also be pointed out that Wanda only took down both Morgan and the Challenger with the help of her friends, not on her own.

I think Wanda's role in mutant/X franchise while not big or prominent, usually fit some juicy and popular tropes that draw in certain audience and fans.
    Like at first glance, an "evil" monarch's hot and kind Princess is kinda appealing, but is that really Wanda's place? Not really.
    Also, very few actually use the family dynamic except for conflict or drama. Wolverine and the X-Men was the only time, in my opinion, the whole Wanda bbeing Magneto's daughter was used well

Extraordinary Member

Also, very few actually use the family dynamic except for conflict or drama. Wolverine and the X-Men was the only time, in my opinion, the whole Wanda bbeing Magneto's daughter was used well
    It would be fine if that was not the only representation of Wanda at that period of time.
    But sadly it was and so it caused Wanda's identity confusion.
    Animation viewers from that time would view her identity as Magneto's daughter first.

I am kinda glad her major image nowadays in MCU is an Avenger(though her place is not held as high as "OG6", and there is really no "Avengers attachment" scene like Nat did).

It would be fine if that was not the only representation of Wanda at that period of time.
    But sadly it was and so it caused Wanda's identity confusion.
    Animation viewers from that time would view her identity as Magneto's daughter first.

I am kinda glad her major image nowadays in MCU is an Avenger(though her place is not held as high as "OG6", and there is really no "Avengers attachment" scene like Nat did).
    Well to be honest, the only other time Wanda was really used as Magneto's daughter was X-Men: Evolution, which really ramped up the Bad Dad aspect.

Yeah Wanda's place in the Avengers in the MCU is about as big as her role in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Well to be honest, the only other time Wanda was really used as Magneto's daughter was X-Men: Evolution, which really ramped up the Bad Dad aspect.

Yeah Wanda's place in the Avengers in the MCU is about as big as her role in the comics.
    Yeah, but as her sole mainstream media representation.
    Also pretty much all of her quality animation appearance is with X-Men, EMH is like the only good Avengers animation that she unfornutanely missed.
    I wouldn't mind her being in Avengers Assemble, I don't really like the show, but it would be nice for kids to know she is an important part of it.

Yeah, but as her sole mainstream media representation.
    Also pretty much all of her quality animation appearance is with X-Men, EMH is like the only good Avengers animation that she unfornutanely missed.
    I wouldn't mind her being in Avengers Assemble, I don't really like the show, but it would be nice for kids to know she is an important part of it.
    I really wished Wanda had turned up in EMH but that would still have been the WATX version. Hopefully Wanda will apear in either Avengers Assemble (even if it is bad) or maybe the next Avengers cartoon.

A Tumblr picture
    tumblr_pr57lrsVnV1udkjbq_540.jpg
    Source: pandoralefay

Extraordinary Member

What's up with Wanda's tendency to piss off large fanbase.
    In comics, she became a plot device for mutant genocide and invited much hate from X fanbase.
    Then in MCU, she was pitted against Iron Man two times and so it started the ever-lasting bashing of her from some bitter fanboys, I would say it seems pretty ridiculous for a fictional character as "privileged"(meaning loads of screen time and creator's favor) as Iron Man to blame and judge a less fortunate Avenger fellow.
    They have the prominence, the investment, the superior number and they also want the moral high ground to call you names and stuff.
    Hopefully after Endgame, the more toxic part of the fanbase would just leave, and the feud die down like X-feud did.

Also did people and fans in general just worship power? Iron Man for her wealthy playboy and fancy suit character, Wanda for her power show-off. I hardly see people talking about the potential lore and stories behind them.
    That's what I feel about most new fans. (Or it's just the Twitter culture or something.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-21-2019 at 05:44 PM.

I really wished Wanda had turned up in EMH but that would still have been the WATX version. Hopefully Wanda will apear in either Avengers Assemble (even if it is bad) or maybe the next Avengers cartoon.
    Assemble is over and there hasn't been any word on a new Avengers cartoons.

There've been hints we might be getting a new X-Men cartoon and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she turns up in that.

Although considering the trend of Marvel Animation I'm worried that whatever her next animated interpretation is will fall short of her portrayal in WaTXM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

There've been hints we might be getting a new X-Men cartoon and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she turns up in that.

Although considering the trend of Marvel Animation I'm worried that whatever her next animated interpretation is will fall short of her portrayal in WaTXM.
    I hope not, they should save the spot for actual X-character and avoid confusion for Wanda in a world without Avengers.(Unless they do, and Wanda appears as a helper from an off-screen Avengers team.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Going by a lot of Disney's recent Marvel animation, she will be a flanderised version of the MCU version.

What's up with Wanda's tendency to piss off large fanbase.
    In comics, she became a plot device for mutant genocide and invited much hate from X fanbase.
    Then in MCU, she was pitted against Iron Man two times and so it started the ever-lasting bashing of her from some bitter fanboys, I would say it seems pretty ridiculous for a fictional character as "privileged"(meaning loads of screen time and creator's favor) as Iron Man to blame and judge a less fortunate Avenger fellow.
    They have the prominence, the investment, the superior number and they also want the moral high ground to call you names and stuff.
    Hopefully after Endgame, the more toxic part of the fanbase would just leave, and the feud die down like X-feud did.

Also did people and fans in general just worship power? Iron Man for her wealthy playboy and fancy suit character, Wanda for her power show-off. I hardly see people talking about the potential lore and stories behind them.
    That's what I feel about most new fans. (Or it's just the Twitter culture or something.)
    Some people see Wanda as a Scapegoat by the looks of it