Page 78 of 234 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Going by a lot of Disney's recent Marvel animation, she will be a flanderised version of the MCU version.
    I think an ideal Avengers animation only origin would be Wanda/Pietro remembering the Maximoffs but not knowing exactly what happened when they were born.(Wundagore)
    They could complete it if there is a following X-Men animation, but it shouldn't be reversed I would hate to see her being stuck.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    What's up with Wanda's tendency to piss off large fanbase.
    In comics, she became a plot device for mutant genocide and invited much hate from X fanbase.
    Then in MCU, she was pitted against Iron Man two times and so it started the ever-lasting bashing of her from some bitter fanboys, I would say it seems pretty ridiculous for a fictional character as "privileged"(meaning loads of screen time and creator's favor) as Iron Man to blame and judge a less fortunate Avenger fellow.
    They have the prominence, the investment, the superior number and they also want the moral high ground to call you names and stuff.
    Hopefully after Endgame, the more toxic part of the fanbase would just leave, and the feud die down like X-feud did.

Also did people and fans in general just worship power? Iron Man for her wealthy playboy and fancy suit character, Wanda for her power show-off. I hardly see people talking about the potential lore and stories behind them.
    That's what I feel about most new fans. (Or it's just the Twitter culture or something.)
    I mean, Wanda has been the victim of some bad writing in more than one medium. Fans of MCU Iron Man aren't wrong to point out that she set in motion the events that led to Ultron's creation, and then she and Pietro set the Hulk loose on a city (intentionally or unintentionally, the writing never makes it clear). And then suddenly everything she did is forgiven near the end of the film and never brought up again by anybody. Wanda has some good scenes in that movie, but her motivations really don't make any sense until they turn on Ultron and join the good guys. So the bad writing influences the way some fans see the character, and that's mostly the writer's fault.

This is where a lot of the division over the Decimation/House of M happens. It's between fans who say that Wanda is a terrible person because she wiped out mutants, and fans who say that was just bad writing and bad writing shouldn't define who the character is.

Also one rule is that fans get mad when a new character disses their favorite established character. MCU Wanda and Pietro disrespected and even hated the MCU's most popular character, Tony Stark. MCU Tony appears to forgive and forget, but not all his fans do.

(You'll notice that Carol Danvers in Endgame is only disrespectful of characters like Rocket that most characters in-universe don't respect anyway. If she had disrespected Captain America or Iron Man then viewers would never have forgiven her.)

Going by a lot of Disney's recent Marvel animation, she will be a flanderised version of the MCU version.
    I just imagine what accent they'd use .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I mean, Wanda has been the victim of some bad writing in more than one medium. Fans of MCU Iron Man aren't wrong to point out that she set in motion the events that led to Ultron's creation, and then she and Pietro set the Hulk loose on a city (intentionally or unintentionally, the writing never makes it clear). And then suddenly everything she did is forgiven near the end of the film and never brought up again by anybody. Wanda has some good scenes in that movie, but her motivations really don't make any sense until they turn on Ultron and join the good guys. So the bad writing influences the way some fans see the character, and that's mostly the writer's fault.

This is where a lot of the division over the Decimation/House of M happens. It's between fans who say that Wanda is a terrible person because she wiped out mutants, and fans who say that was just bad writing and bad writing shouldn't define who the character is.

Also one rule is that fans get mad when a new character disses their favorite established character. MCU Wanda and Pietro disrespected and even hated the MCU's most popular character, Tony Stark. MCU Tony appears to forgive and forget, but not all his fans do.

(You'll notice that Carol Danvers in Endgame is only disrespectful of characters like Rocket that most characters in-universe don't respect anyway. If she had disrespected Captain America or Iron Man then viewers would never have forgiven her.)
    Well, they got the upper number and voice.
    And it's not just about disrespect, fanatics at their worst call everyone during CW who was slightly agianst Tony(Natasha) or failed him(Vision) bad names.

I know how bad writing strikes, but it's really unfortunate with Wanda that she has to be used to bomb large fanbases that can retaliate in a massive manner.

And I just find it rather petty to feud over this kind of stuff when someone's favorite is already like the most "privileged" character ever with loads of screen time and focus. Even with X-Men they got the rehash they probably needed.
    Some people seem to focus too much on "who got hit" in story than a character's actual prominence/screen time.

Also Carol is a solo character and the major push next phase, in no way they will actually make her dislike any old important characters. They will ensure her interest like they mostly did.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-22-2019 at 09:04 AM.

An Age of Ultron production photo
    tumblr_prv47uEfEJ1s543wx_1280.jpg

Extraordinary Member

I mean, if a character attacks Wanda, brings some cool action scene and then make peaceful terms. I would probably give him/her some applause for playing his/her part. I don't hate most villains/rivals for that.(Unless when are poorly written.)
    But if it's a character that is just there to steal every last of panel/sceen time she should have, then he/she is a real problem.

An Infinity War set photo
    tumblr_pqwbfohIlS1whsr6do1_540.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Most of her Avenger animation versions have an accent.
    Though I wish they can be better.
    I think they can just go with American if the story started with her already being an Avenger for quite some time.

I think they can just go with American if the story started with her already being an Avenger for quite some time.
    Kate Higgins is still my ideal voice for Wanda so anything in that vein is good for me .

I think she had an American accent in the old '60's Cap cartoon.

Lnowing Disney are their love of the MCU versions in cartoons. It will probably be an Elizabeth Olsen impression.

I think she had an American accent in the old '60's Cap cartoon.

Lnowing Disney are their love of the MCU versions in cartoons. It will probably be an Elizabeth Olsen impression.
    60s Cap version was before Wanda's backstory had been established. So it's excused.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I doubt it'd be anything Serbian or Balkan at all and definitely not Romanes. I fully expect American, because 'Murica.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I doubt it'd be anything Serbian or Balkan at all and definitely not Romanes. I fully expect American, because 'Murica.
    Do you remember any voice actress good at doing those accents?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    60s Cap version was before Wanda's backstory had been established. So it's excused.
    She was still from Eastern Europe from start though.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-23-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Do you remember any voice actress good at doing those accents?
    I'm not well versed on voice actresses. There are Romani actresses though, and I'm sure plenty from Eastern Europe.