Page 137 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3507
    Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    My own take on the Scarlet Witch is despite people who have a traditional view of Wanda Maximoffs character.

To me, something happened to the MU in 2003, and it was at the Avengers Mansion pool when Wasp said that Wanda had two children. Wanda went straight away to Agatha Harkness and shrivelled her into a dried up corpse for removing Wanda’s memory of them. Then went to Dr Doom and had him increase her reality powers to become universal, so Wanda could unleash her revenge on everyone of the hero community. Doom and Wanda were then allies.

Wanda started her campaign by punishing the FF in Authoritive Action, causing Reed to become a villain for sending Wanda’s ally to hell. Then in AD she destroyed the Avengers one by one. Next, she satisfied Magneto’s wish to have House of M and when that didn’t work, destroyed the Majority of mutants and erased her own memory. However, that didn’t stop the inevitable progress of super hero destruction she set in motion on the community, and Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, etc, till Dr Dooms beloved Secret Wars was the culmination of Wanda’s Hex of “No More Super heroes”. Wanda was a silent, hovering, parish in the background the whole time this went on.

Reed Richards recreated ANAD like the 616, but unfortunately, the Hex was still in effect. It really requires that Wanda cancel the Hex, for the ANAD to become the real 616 again, like it was before 2003. I think you can go mad if you have an overload of reality altering powers, as Dr Strange explained in AD.
    Did I accidentally summon this guy? Can someone wish him/her away? Seriously though, looks like now that Wanda is getting actually famous (thanks to the MCU, comics are basically ignoring her right now) all the people who hate her and want to villainize her are crawling out of their holes, at least partly driven by jealousy.

WandaVision Rumored to Begin Filming September 21st
    https://mcucosmic.com/2019/08/15/wan...eptember-21st/

With a lot of Phase 4 movies in production now, the Disney+ series are beginning to ramp up. The Falcon and The Winter Soldier begins filming in October in Atlanta, and Tom Hiddleston recently confirmed that Loki will begin early next year. Now comes a rumored date for when WandaVision will begin.

According to a posting by the Film & Television Industry Alliance, WandaVision begins September 21, 2019.

This is unusual as there isn’t an announced director for the series yet. The Falcon and The Winter Soldier has a director and starts a month later. Also, WandaVision, like Loki, is a Spring 2021 series; so beginning this September seems to be a little early.

Then again, it could be for scheduling reasons as Wanda will also be appearing in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which is expected to film early next year. When you take into consideration that movie, this date does start to make sense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    My own take on the Scarlet Witch is despite people who have a traditional view of Wanda Maximoffs character.

To me, something happened to the MU in 2003, and it was at the Avengers Mansion pool when Wasp said that Wanda had two children. Wanda went straight away to Agatha Harkness and shrivelled her into a dried up corpse for removing Wanda’s memory of them. Then went to Dr Doom and had him increase her reality powers to become universal, so Wanda could unleash her revenge on everyone of the hero community. Doom and Wanda were then allies.

Wanda started her campaign by punishing the FF in Authoritive Action, causing Reed to become a villain for sending Wanda’s ally to hell. Then in AD she destroyed the Avengers one by one. Next, she satisfied Magneto’s wish to have House of M and when that didn’t work, destroyed the Majority of mutants and erased her own memory. However, that didn’t stop the inevitable progress of super hero destruction she set in motion on the community, and Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, etc, till Dr Dooms beloved Secret Wars was the culmination of Wanda’s Hex of “No More Super heroes”. Wanda was a silent, hovering, parish in the background the whole time this went on.

Reed Richards recreated ANAD like the 616, but unfortunately, the Hex was still in effect. It really requires that Wanda cancel the Hex, for the ANAD to become the real 616 again, like it was before 2003. I think you can go mad if you have an overload of reality altering powers, as Dr Strange explained in AD.
    I will take traditional over cliche and toxic.
    Wanda has served as a plot device for Avengers and X-Men, I will give FF a pass.
    Also Stephen in AD explained nothing, he contradicted himself.
    Also what is so appealing about Wanda/Doom ship? Sure Doom is a great character and a magic user, and the wedding dress is nice, other than that? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I will take traditional over cliche and toxic.
    Wanda has served as a plot device for Avengers and X-Men, I will give FF a pass.
    Also Stephen in AD explained nothing, he contradicted himself.
    Also what is so appealing about Wanda/Doom ship? Sure Doom is a great character and a magic user, and the wedding dress is nice, other than that? Nah.
    That whole thing made me feel so uncomfortable, because most of that relationship is based on Wanda not being herself so not being able to fully agree to it. And then still being ok with it afterward. It's creepy. I'd like to forget it, please.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That whole thing made me feel so uncomfortable, because most of that relationship is based on Wanda not being herself so not being able to fully agree to it. And then still being ok with it afterward. It's creepy. I'd like to forget it, please.
    Well, I give Doom a pass for pretty much being a plot device villain himself in this whole mess, much like Stephen being a dumbass "authority" in AD.
    It's like unlucky actors/actress involved into a mess of a production and they had to play their part to get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I give Doom a pass for pretty much being a plot device villain himself in this whole mess, much like Stephen being a dumbass "authority" in AD.
    It's like unlucky actors/actress involved into a mess of a production and they had to play their part to get it over with.
    Dumbass authority, lol. Yeah, he was pretty much that. Poor Stephen.

Is it true she'll have reality warping powers in the WandaVision series?

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Is it true she'll have reality warping powers in the WandaVision series?
    Nothing has been said about her powers. Just that they'll be explored. And that was said by Liz Olsen, not Kevin Feige. So we just don't know. But keep in mind Wanda does not naturally have the ability to reality warp, just the potential. She uses chaos magic, which also allows the ability to become a power conduit. But this has happened very few times. I think the reason the reality warping rumors keep coming up is because Youtube and some other sites seem to only be able to reference HoM, lol.

Nothing has been said about her powers. Just that they'll be explored. And that was said by Liz Olsen, not Kevin Feige. So we just don't know. But keep in mind Wanda does not naturally have the ability to reality warp, just the potential. She uses chaos magic, which also allows the ability to become a power conduit. But this has happened very few times. I think the reason the reality warping rumors keep coming up is because Youtube and some other sites seem to only be able to reference HoM, lol.
    I just hope they don't do HoM, it ruined her character for years! Also I thought her chaos magic was sort of like a limited form of reality warping.

I just hope they don't do HoM, it ruined her character for years! Also I thought her chaos magic was sort of like a limited form of reality warping.
    It typically gives her a form of telekinesis. But most of the powers she's always shown casting are the typical hex bolts and hex spheres sort of deal. Chaos magic was Busiek's way of putting Wanda's abilities under an umbrella. Wanda using chaos magic is only using a small fraction of Chthon's powers. So typically her power level is enough to be an asset, but not too op that she just solves everything on her own. She can achieve reality warping, but only if she taps into that outside source. And it has to be powerful enough to do that. For instance when she tapped into Simon's ionic powers, that gave her the ability to heal or to bring him back to life. So not everything she can tap into can alter reality on an epic scale, but bringing someone back from death does change it on a smaller scale. She just has to be accessing that power.

It typically gives her a form of telekinesis. But most of the powers she's always shown casting are the typical hex bolts and hex spheres sort of deal. Chaos magic was Busiek's way of putting Wanda's abilities under an umbrella. Wanda using chaos magic is only using a small fraction of Chthon's powers. So typically her power level is enough to be an asset, but not too op that she just solves everything on her own. She can achieve reality warping, but only if she taps into that outside source. And it has to be powerful enough to do that. For instance when she tapped into Simon's ionic powers, that gave her the ability to heal or to bring him back to life. So not everything she can tap into can alter reality on an epic scale, but bringing someone back from death does change it on a smaller scale. She just has to be accessing that power.
    She also teleported all the mutants with Simon's energy in UA didn't she, but that killed him iirc

Extraordinary Member

Remender in "Uncanny Avengers" was using the idea that Wanda is sort of a living battery and that the more energy she has access to, the more magic she can do. This is sort of how her powers worked in "JLA/Avengers," where she taps into the DC Universe's super-potent, super-dangerous chaos magic and gains all kinds of abilities she never had in the same creators' regular Avengers run: in that run she couldn't even teleport herself (though other writers ignored this) but in the DC universe she could teleport all the Avengers around the entire universe.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Remender in "Uncanny Avengers" was using the idea that Wanda is sort of a living battery and that the more energy she has access to, the more magic she can do. This is sort of how her powers worked in "JLA/Avengers," where she taps into the DC Universe's super-potent, super-dangerous chaos magic and gains all kinds of abilities she never had in the same creators' regular Avengers run: in that run she couldn't even teleport herself (though other writers ignored this) but in the DC universe she could teleport all the Avengers around the entire universe.
    Yeah but she keeps legoing people in other books so it's confusing whether or not reality warping is part of her regular powerset. Also Never read JLA/Avengers, sadly, did she fight Zatanna or Dr Fate? It'd be cool to see a backwards spells vs hexes battle or a chaos vs order fight

Yeah but she keeps legoing people in other books so it's confusing whether or not reality warping is part of her regular powerset. Also Never read JLA/Avengers, sadly, did she fight Zatanna or Dr Fate? It'd be cool to see a backwards spells vs hexes battle or a chaos vs order fight
    I think writers, especially ones that don't typically write her get her powers confused a lot. A lot of people still don't realize that the Life Force has been removed from her.

Let's not forget that Wanda's powers from the start have been basically a Deus Ex machina of sorts. She just twindled her fingers and stuff happened. No-one knew/knows how they work