Page 109 of 234 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It seems like Wanda usually gets left out of a lot of these "Girl Power" Marvel stories/promotions. She's kind of an old-fashioned character (so is Patsy Walker, of course, but Patsy was created specifically for female readers) and editors prefer to match someone like Carol Danvers with other more modern, post-1960s women. Or at least I figure that must have something to do with Wanda never appearing in Carol's books.

Of course that's one reason I think Carol and Wanda's friendship deserved to be explored more, even though I'm now resigned that it probably never will. They are two very different ideas of what a "powerful woman" is like.

(There is a funny moment in the Avengers Korvac Saga where Simon Williams, who has been "dead" since the '60s, is intimidated by Carol because she actually punches men the way male heroes do: "She doesn't just strike a pose and point like Wanda or the Wasp!" Which does kind of sum up the difference between the '60s heroines and the later ones.)
    It seems like they prefer more of the punchier female heroes. At least most of the time.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah, I'm not counting on her being in the book. I've been fooled before. I'll stick with pleasantly surprised if she does actually appear within the pages. But I might buy the variant, just because it is good art.
    They kidna draw Emma's face like she is covered in powder than turning into diamond though.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It seems like Wanda usually gets left out of a lot of these "Girl Power" Marvel stories/promotions. She's kind of an old-fashioned character (so is Patsy Walker, of course, but Patsy was created specifically for female readers) and editors prefer to match someone like Carol Danvers with other more modern, post-1960s women. Or at least I figure that must have something to do with Wanda never appearing in Carol's books.

Of course that's one reason I think Carol and Wanda's friendship deserved to be explored more, even though I'm now resigned that it probably never will. They are two very different ideas of what a "powerful woman" is like.

(There is a funny moment in the Avengers Korvac Saga where Simon Williams, who has been "dead" since the '60s, is intimidated by Carol because she actually punches men the way male heroes do: "She doesn't just strike a pose and point like Wanda or the Wasp!" Which does kind of sum up the difference between the '60s heroines and the later ones.)
    I know! some of my favorite female characters like Wanda, Zatanna and Jean almost never get to be in those kinds of books

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They kidna draw Emma's face like she is covered in powder than turning into diamond though.
    It's sort of sepia colored so I think that's why. Emma is rather pale in tone.

Anyone else notice while reading Avengers:No Road Home that when talking about the early days of the Avengers, Hawkeye mentions "Super Soldiers, Gods, Geniuses and MUTANTS"

Could Wanda and Pietro be regaining their mutant heritage?

(I still want to see Jim Zub do a follow-up to the issues left hanging in Wanda's book!).

They have to be in books for that to even happen.

Extraordinary Member

It seems like they prefer more of the punchier female heroes. At least most of the time.
    Which kinda reflects how narrowly defined "powerful female characters" can be.
    Then again Sue and Storm are much less punchier than Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Which kinda reflects how narrowly defined "powerful female characters" can be.
    Then again Sue and Storm are much less punchier than Carol.
    They are the rare exceptions. And Sue just came back. It is pretty narrow. We don't all act the same and like the same thing. So variety is nice.

A variant cover to Fearless #1
    D92pqy9X4AEl0ek.jpg
    I hope this means that she appears in this series at some point.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Attachment 83786

Fearless variant. I'll hope but not expect Wanda to be in it. Because it could end up like Fearless Defenders or A-Force. Also curiously, she's in her classic costume. So it might be just giving examples of female heroes.
    I also very much doubt that we will see this constellation. But if by some miracle it is that way, I would very much wonder what on earth could bring Emma Frost and Wanda Maximoff to work together in one team. Especially from Emma’s side I have a very hard time imagining her voluntarily doing that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I also very much doubt that we will see this constellation. But if by some miracle it is that way, I would very much wonder what on earth could bring Emma Frost and Wanda Maximoff to work together in one team. Especially from Emma’s side I have a very hard time imagining her voluntarily doing that.
    They are clearly here as pin-up girls in their classic costumes and all.

art by awesome-hosuk

Extraordinary Member

Ironically, under the more X-Men-centric publishing strategy of the Cebulski era, Wanda and Pietro might get more chances to appear in comics if they were still Magneto's children.

It's not enough to actually make me wish they were still Magneto's children, though. I'm just bored with Wanda not appearing and tired of constantly waiting until the next MCU project for her to appear in anything at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

art by awesome-hosuk
    Wanda looks like a boy in a wig here.