Page 140 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    An effect can be achieved by certain means.
    Wanda is shown to mass warping Realtiy before and it's said it's not really Morgan's power by Agatha.
    And really, what is so bad about RW? It's automatically associated with toxic OP stuff, but really it's just a power with its own trope and in comics she already got a clear set of rules before.
    Reality Warping is way too dangerous power. The ability to affect reality as we know is terrifying and generallyis in the power of villains and madmen. Heck even heroic reality warpers like Franklin Richards rarely use their reality warping powers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Reality Warping is way too dangerous power. The ability to affect reality as we know is terrifying and generallyis in the power of villains and madmen. Heck even heroic reality warpers like Franklin Richards rarely use their reality warping powers
    I think it's more about the vagueness than it being "dangerous", like how do you use noticeable RW(also when she legoed people or surroudings in Jean Grey run, it's basically a just fancy version of teleportation) in regular superheoring? That's why it shouldn't be her base power, while in Avengers, PM and EM is enough and more clear to use on smaller scale.
    But if she is to fight higher-level villains like abstracts, deities, etc, she should be allowed to be powered up with certain means.(Tapping into certain energy source)

Marvel seems to forget the concept that dimensional rulers have insane advantage in their own territory, Dorm, Mephisto, etc got beaten up in their own realms before without much real explanation. They just kinda dropped that.
    One of the way I can think RW power can be of positive use is against dimensional rulers, like changing the reality of their realm to "neutral ground" or something which cannot back up dimension rulers.
    I think a cancelling power for Overpowered foes won't be too much of a danger since it's not an offensive power.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-18-2019 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think it's more about the vagueness than it being "dangerous", like how do you use noticeable RW(also when she legoed people or surroudings in Jean Grey run, it's basically a just fancy version of teleportation) in regular superheoring? That's why it shouldn't be her base power, while in Avengers, PM and EM is enough and more clear to use on smaller scale.
    But if she is to fight higher-level villains like abstracts, deities, etc, she should be allowed to be powered up with certain means.(Tapping into certain energy source)

Marvel seems to forget the concept that dimensional rulers have insane advantage in their own territory, Dorm, Mephisto, etc got beaten up in their own realms before without much real explanation. They just kinda dropped that.
    One of the way I can think RW power can be of positive use is against dimensional rulers, like changing the reality of their realm to "neutral ground" or something which cannot back up dimension rulers.
    I think a cancelling power for Overpowered foes won't be too much of a danger since it's not an offensive power.
    RW shouldn't be used in regular heroing it is to dangerous, the slightest mistake and reality could be destroyed. That's why it is general a bad guy power.

As for rulers been defeated in their own dimensions, I would guess that the constant weaking of realties over the years, has probably weakened their own power and realms as well.

I always liked Wanda's Hexes Power, which writers could vary in intensity and which did create all kinds of unusual circumstances. I remember wanting to see what Wanda's hexx did in each comic.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always liked Wanda's Hexes Power, which writers could vary in intensity and which did create all kinds of unusual circumstances. I remember wanting to see what Wanda's hexx did in each comic.
    Yeah, they required a bit more of the writer than her just throwing generic zaps at people, and that was more interesting to me (if perhaps a bit harder on the writer than simply having her able to wave her hand and rewrite reality at the writers whim, and yet, inexplicably, never feel the urge to say 'No More Racism' or 'No More Hunger' or 'No More Cancer').

(Similarly, in his own book, Iron Man was constantly testing new armors or jury-rigging one-off inventions to brain his way around a problem, and in team books, he just sort of flies around and zaps stuff, which was less fun for me. I like creative showings, *and* I like the character feeling challenged, which one can do if their powers are probability-warping hex bolts, and not really do, if their power is reality-warping 'whatever the hell I want, happens'.)

Extraordinary Member

RW shouldn't be used in regular heroing it is to dangerous, the slightest mistake and reality could be destroyed. That's why it is general a bad guy power.

As for rulers been defeated in their own dimensions, I would guess that the constant weaking of realties over the years, has probably weakened their own power and realms as well.
    Well, not really, even bad guys use Reality Warping in a rather inefficient way.

I don't think RW is so bad as a reserve power for bigger threats like I just said. Why people just assume her RW power be unlimited and can be reached in any circumstance?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, they required a bit more of the writer than her just throwing generic zaps at people, and that was more interesting to me (if perhaps a bit harder on the writer than simply having her able to wave her hand and rewrite reality at the writers whim, and yet, inexplicably, never feel the urge to say 'No More Racism' or 'No More Hunger' or 'No More Cancer').

(Similarly, in his own book, Iron Man was constantly testing new armors or jury-rigging one-off inventions to brain his way around a problem, and in team books, he just sort of flies around and zaps stuff, which was less fun for me. I like creative showings, *and* I like the character feeling challenged, which one can do if their powers are probability-warping hex bolts, and not really do, if their power is reality-warping 'whatever the hell I want, happens'.)
    Indeed.

And sometimes, it did seem like Wanda had control of what happened with her Hex Power, even from very early on (when Wanda would say what would happen and then it did), to other times with totally unanticipated outcomes. I liked that the bigger outcomes used more hex energy while smaller hexes used only a tiny bit.

Extraordinary Member

In theory, probability powers are cool because they should allow writers to come up with creative explanations for how they are used. In practice, this almost never happened. Almost everything Wanda ever did was pretty much indistinguishable from the telekinetic powers she has in the MCU. Eg Roger Stern came up with the idea of her using her hex power to cut off all the oxygen from an area, but that's really just a very sophisticated form of TK (and in fact they do something similar in the Civil War movie where she zaps all the gas out of a building). Only "Force Works" ever really tried to come up with creative ideas for how her probability powers could be used, and even that comic mostly just had her zap energy beams at people.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    In theory, probability powers are cool because they should allow writers to come up with creative explanations for how they are used. In practice, this almost never happened. Almost everything Wanda ever did was pretty much indistinguishable from the telekinetic powers she has in the MCU. Eg Roger Stern came up with the idea of her using her hex power to cut off all the oxygen from an area, but that's really just a very sophisticated form of TK (and in fact they do something similar in the Civil War movie where she zaps all the gas out of a building). Only "Force Works" ever really tried to come up with creative ideas for how her probability powers could be used, and even that comic mostly just had her zap energy beams at people.
    I thought they should've used the AvX Hope/Phoenix/Wanda event to rewrite her powers to the psychic ones you see in the movies. Would've been nice, simple and clean.

Magical enhancement could still afford her smoky teleportation and weirder party tricks.

Extraordinary Member

Well, you'll notice her telepathic powers have never been mentioned or used after Age of Ultron. The new team that took over decided they didn't like those powers (understandably, she didn't have them in the comics and they're kind of a story breaker) so they just ditched them and made her purely a very powerful telekinetic.

She'll probably have a new power set with every creative team that uses her, much like in the comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, you'll notice her telepathic powers have never been mentioned or used after Age of Ultron. The new team that took over decided they didn't like those powers (understandably, she didn't have them in the comics and they're kind of a story breaker) so they just ditched them and made her purely a very powerful telekinetic.

She'll probably have a new power set with every creative team that uses her, much like in the comics.
    Heh, that is true. Pre-Avenger, she could mess with people's minds. As an Avenger, not so much...

Which I'm fine with. It was a plot device power meant to make Thor, Tony, etc. question themselves, not particularly relevant *to Wanda* herself, and I don't miss it. She deserves powers that further *her* story, not plot-device powers to service other people's stories.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I thought they should've used the AvX Hope/Phoenix/Wanda event to rewrite her powers to the psychic ones you see in the movies. Would've been nice, simple and clean.

Magical enhancement could still afford her smoky teleportation and weirder party tricks.
    I don't really want Wanda to have psychic powers. People mistaken her for being interchangeable with Jean enough as it is. Wanda should stay distinct. I think they got rid of the powers in the movies because that isn't her power set.

Also: The last character that needs another power tacked onto her is Wanda Maximoff. Because we know from chaos magic and reality warping that her powers won't just become psychic. It'll be psychic and everything else. And writers already go crazy with their interpretation. They are just never gonna simplify this character. Every rewrite or re-definition just adds more.

I also wouldn't want to lose the Chthon stuff. The whole, holds the fraction of the power of an elder god is an interesting take. Psychic powers are pretty over-used and mundane really.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-18-2019 at 08:43 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    As long as they were creative, most often thing just exploded. But now and again something completely improbable would happen like a Meteor crashing on top of a villain

Extraordinary Member

I don't mind diretly blasting people with Chaos energy, shooting Thor into orbit and taking down challenger are fun.

Extraordinary Member

As long as they were creative, most often thing just exploded. But now and again something completely improbable would happen like a Meteor crashing on top of a villain
    Marvel Future Fight intensifies.