Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Carol Danvers is like the Roman Reigns of Marvel at this point.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...mjolnir-canon/

Being able to lift Mjolnir and Cap's shield used to be something rare and awe inspiring, now it's used as a joke (see current avengers run with the Brood), it's really no big shocker with the way Thor and mjolnir have been written in the last 5 years imo.

They will keep trying to push Carol to a position as their Wonder Woman analogue and top babyface, especially in the MCU next phase, I can get that.

But until Captain Marvel sells consistent good numbers for an extended run (if marvel let's anyone not called Aaron or Hickman have a long run these days), I would question if it was really Worth it.

Since Thor is allfather now, if I were him, I'd definitely get that worthiness enchantment sorted out, no more lending his powers, I'd be getting it name tagged and family members only at the most. Oh and also get rid of that Mother Storm nonsense. If only someone at Marvel remembers the Odinforce.

I'm just gonna say it, making a character overpowered doesn't make them interesting. And making them suddenly way more powerful without explanation is just poor writing especially if it happens at the expense of other big name heroes and their fans.

Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 12-23-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member

Some of this post looks a lot like a post I made elsewhere on here, almost like a quote that isn't

???

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Some of this post looks a lot like a post I made elsewhere on here, almost like a quote that isn't

???
    To be honest. Your post is what convinced me to start this new thread. I admit i paraphrased a bit but that's because it's very similar to my opinion on the matter.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Captain Marvel became a boring character as soon as they decided to push her. There's no love put into art when you're just trying to meet a quota.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    To be honest. Your post is what convinced me to start this new thread. I admit i paraphrased a bit but that's because it's very similar to my opinion on the matter.
    Ok, that's fine,

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Ok, that's fine,
    No problem friend.

Yeah sure feminism carl manvers brie larson racist white sjw marvel smh

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah sure feminism carl manvers brie larson racist white sjw marvel smh
    Complaining about power and characterisation inconsistencies has nothing political about it. Especially considering i liked Carol when she was Ms. Marvel and her struggles with Alcoholism and becoming a hero again.

Marvel removed that to make her a walking editorial mandate rather than a genuine character. Doesn't help that they don't know how to promote certain characters without shitting on Thor and his mythos/continuity.

Ever since Quesada left, Marvel has been editorially weak.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 12-23-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Captain Marvel became a boring character as soon as they decided to push her. There's no love put into art when you're just trying to meet a quota.
    Why not having her go through trippy adventures with Cosmic Awareness and the entity Eon?

BANNED

What is the point here?
    Seriously you're complaining about a cover and an Instagram post, if you're gonna make a thread make it over something that's worth talking about, don't make one because a cover apparently triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    What is the point here?
    Seriously you're complaining about a cover and an Instagram post, if you're gonna make a thread make it over something that's worth talking about, don't make one because a cover apparently triggers you.
    I wouldn't be complaining about it if the Carol wank and jobbing Thor hasn't been going on for years. Also i don't think they are gonna pull a silver age Superman where the actual story Is different from the cover.

BANNED

If you think Carol's holding the shield and hammer for any reason other than to make the cover look cool that's on you, because it more than likely won't happen.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

I mean Batman is one of the most ridiculously wanked character in Comics to the point he has become a meme. There is no need to bring Roman Reigns

Anyway waiting for the context.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...mjolnir-canon/

Being able to lift Mjolnir and Cap's shield used to be something rare and awe inspiring, now it's used as a joke (see current avengers run with the Brood), it's really no big shocker with the way Thor and mjolnir have been written in the last 5 years imo.

They will keep trying to push Carol to a position as their Wonder Woman analogue and top babyface, especially in the MCU next phase, I can get that.

But until Captain Marvel sells consistent good numbers for an extended run (if marvel let's anyone not called Aaron or Hickman have a long run these days), I would question if it was really Worth it.

Since Thor is allfather now, if I were him, I'd definitely get that worthiness enchantment sorted out, no more lending his powers, I'd be getting it name tagged and family members only at the most. Oh and also get rid of that Mother Storm nonsense. If only someone at Marvel remembers the Odinforce.

I'm just gonna say it, making a character overpowered doesn't make them interesting. And making them suddenly way more powerful without explanation is just poor writing especially if it happens at the expense of other big name heroes and their fans.

Honest question, when did we decide comic book sales are better measure of success than a BILLION dollar movie plus merchandising?

This is quote of the thread. Normal I would waste my explain to fans who are the relic of the past why they are wrong but instead I am going just post a picture

Nah I changed my mind this is part where people would normally tell you that Captain Marvel been "canceled" so many times but since the numbers look like this

Captain Marvel 11 $3.99 10/16/19 Marvel 35,634
    Captain Marvel 12 $3.99 11/20/19 Marvel 62,227

Absolute Carnage Captain Marvel 1 $4.99 11/20/19 Marvel 32,765

Notice that bar has moved now, You get a quote like this

But until Captain Marvel sells consistent good numbers for an extended run
    Unable to use Captain marvel is selling bad as excuse, This person has to resort to oh well Captain marvel hasn't consistently sell well for long period now. Funny ain't it .By the way these are last issue numbers of every "canceled" Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel book

(2006)Ms Marvel 50 $3.99 Marvel 25,309
    (2012)Captain Marvel 17 $3.99 Marvel 18,173
    (2015)Captain Marvel 15 $3.99 Marvel 19,740
    (2015)Captain Marvel And Carol Corps 4 $3.99 Marvel 22,106
    (2016) Captain Marvel 10 $4.99 Marvel 19,893
    (2017)Mighty Captain Marvel 9 $3.99 Marvel 13,724
    (2017)Captain Marvel 128 $3.99 Marvel 12,201

(2018)Life of Captain Marvel 5 $3.99 12/19/18 Marvel 27,079

If you notice that only one book hit true cancelation numbers since I know someone is going talk some silly stuff so threw out a selection of books with certain range last month

Tony Stark Iron Man 18 $3.99 Marvel 24,408
    Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy 3 $3.99 DC 21,312
    Deathstroke 49 $3.99 DC 21,577
    Aquaman 54 $3.99 DC 19,449
    Nightwing 66 $3.99 DC 20,409
    Supergirl 36 $3.99 DC 18,245
    Batman Universe 5 $4.99 DC 17,091
    Loki 5 $3.99 Marvel 17,059
    Batgirl 41 $3.99 DC 16,969
    Black Panther 18 $3.99 Marvel 14,727
    Gwenpool Strikes Back 4 $3.99 Marvel 12,751

Yes Marvel has protected Captain Marvel but nobody is going to bat an eye when Aquaman,Nightwing,Black Panther and Ironman get afforded the same type of protection. Nobody is going to talk about the amount of time Dr Strange, Punisher, Moon Knight, Nova,Hawkman, Green Arrow,etc get revived after being canceled.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-23-2019 at 11:08 PM.