Page 81 of 234 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Perhaps, but I just wish it could be consistent. That costume isn't in a lot of places (not on merch at all) so there's very few opportunities to see it outside of comics here and there.
    Yeah, it's a pretty nice design, the only thing I don't care for is the short cape.
    The rest like the color pattern, the details are so satisfying.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-25-2019 at 03:33 AM.

Since we had all this talk about Marvel Heroes and the headdress.

Extraordinary Member

D7UD5GMWkAE-7qI.jpg
    Anyone knows the source of this pic?

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

This totally cracks me up: at 0:36

the Sentinel has Beast, Wolverine, Psylocke and Nightcrawler (last split second) in his targeting, Wanda is standing at the very side. My guess she is thinking:

Ha!
    I am not a Target!
    I am not a Mutant!
    That got Retconned!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    D7UD5GMWkAE-7qI.jpg
    Anyone knows the source of this pic?
    No, but I wish it to be a comic book cover :O

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

Since we had all this talk about Marvel Heroes and the headdress.
    Very nice! I love your poses of those models.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

I saw that but it could mean pretty much anything. In fact Vision had a line cut from Civil War where he says that "Ms. Maximoff manipulates molecular polarity, allowing her to alter physical reality." And all that meant in context was she could move stuff with her mind.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday CJStriker!!! Badass Hero

More idiots wanting bad stuff. Wanda having reality powers in the MCU does make any sense.
    1. The whole idea of Wanda being able to warp reality was by Bendis, who clearly didn't bother doing any research
    2. Wanda being able to warp reality was only due to outside forces
    3. No other character with probably affecting powers has ever warped reality
    4. In the MCU, Wanda's powers are psychic in nature; telepathy and telekenesis; because here powers could from the MIND stone
    5. Wanda has never had the reality stone.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    More idiots wanting bad stuff. Wanda having reality powers in the MCU does make any sense.
    1. The whole idea of Wanda being able to warp reality was by Bendis, who clearly didn't bother doing any research
    4. In the MCU, Wanda's powers are psychic in nature; telepathy and telekenesis; because here powers could from the MIND stone
    Regarding point 4 on your list, it is very strange what the MCU is saying about her powers. Feige has confirmed her powers are magic-based, like Dr. Strange, but not as refined. I don't think there is anything in the films that suggests that at all, but that is what was said.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    1.To be specific, the whole idea of Wanda being able to warp reality randomly and without any pre-conditions was by Bendis. I don't mind Wanda with Reality Warping power, I am just sad that House of M has to be the prime example of that instead of better works with much more thought put into it.
    2. I think the idea of Chaos Magic is her always having the potential to do that given enough energy. It's like an incredibly powerful engine, but you still need to fuel it.
    3.Wanda's the only probability manipulator that do it in a very active way right? Domino, for example is rather passive.
    Regarding point 4 on your list, it is very strange what the MCU is saying about her powers. Feige has confirmed her powers are magic-based, like Dr. Strange, but not as refined. I don't think there is anything in the films that suggests that at all, but that is what was said.
    4.There is a cut scene with Vision saying her power being able to affect reality, also her MCU powers aren't really classic TK and TP.
    It's more like energy manipulation, and also very similar to how Ancient One grabbed Hulk's body and Stephen controlled the flood(there is faint orange energy on Hulk/Flood.) She she can do direct energy blasts.
    It's a form of indirect "TK" through visible energy trace unlike classic TK Jean Grey or MCU Ebony Maw did.

The problem is never really about reality warping, it's the lack of thought for the power system/structure(the rules and limitatons) and her own character.
    I see Chaos Magic as a prime example of making her character and power-set more unified and interesting

Her powers can come from her mind without necessarily being only telepathy/telekinesis. Quicksilver's powers also came from the Mind stone, and it had nothing to do with mind stuff. Captain Marvel got hers from the Space Stone, and she has all sorts of powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Her powers can come from her mind without necessarily being only telepathy/telekinesis. Quicksilver's powers also came from the Mind stone, and it had nothing to do with mind stuff. Captain Marvel got hers from the Space Stone, and she has all sorts of powers.
    True, but Wanda's powers have been shown to be purely psychic. She largey ditched using telepathy after AOU and mostly goes for telekinesis . It could be possible of other factors affected Pietro's powers, like different exiperiments and Carol was exposed to the energy of a Space Stone powered engine rather than the stone itself.

Word of God and cut scenes are one thing, but on screen therefore officially canon, Maria Hill says "Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation"

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    1.To be specific, the whole idea of Wanda being able to warp reality randomly and without any pre-conditions was by Bendis. I don't mind Wanda with Reality Warping power, I am just sad that House of M has to be the prime example of that instead of better works with much more thought put into it.

[...]

The problem is never really about reality warping, it's the lack of thought for the power system/structure(the rules and limitatons) and her own character.
    I see Chaos Magic as a prime example of making her character and power-set more unified and interesting
    Kinda what I am thinking.
    Reality warping doesn’t have to mean bad story.
    For example, there is an Anime where the main character effectively creates her perfect world. There it was called a “Witch’s Labyrinth”. But there the story was really about her (unlike HoM), and it’s one of my favorite stories of all time.

Also now this here is really just a rumor that perfectly falls in line with what a lot less-informed people are thinking. I wouldn’t put it on the same level as the Variety reports of the recent months (and even there I was insisting till the last moment that those are technically just rumors)