Page 84 of 234 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, she is like this incredbly powerful magic engine given that you feed her with enough fuel.
    Small scale reality warping and probability manipulation aren't that different really. Even MCU Stephen can do that.(Making the black hole a bunch of butterflies.)
    Also Wanda's knowledge was always kinda told to her by Agatha. So I think she should be a mystical explorer and scholar herself, like venturing into Chthon's realm.(Give her some stealth mode), discover secrets buried deep and stuff. Kinda like what Ian McNee did in Mystic Arcana.
    I like the idea of Wanda being a mystical explorer and scholar

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That's energy manipulation, not reality warping. Reality warping would have required reality to be changed which is wasn't. Simon was a being of ionic energy, she manipulated her teammates energy to power Simon.
    The end goal varies, but not only making things out of nowhere count as reality warping.
    Then of course, you can just make Wanda's power energy manipulation and mystical link detection/connection, and she can still do bunch of stuff.

I like the idea of Wanda being a mystical explorer and scholar
    When they were doing the schools thing, like Avengers Academy, I had wished that Wanda was back then so she could be a magic teacher. It'd have been a cool arc for her.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They already did that though. They stopped using her powers from AoU. Because the Russos did know a bit about her. They just did like comics use to do and did many times. Change things without saying anything. It just disappeared. Along with the nightmare type powers. Those just felt like Jean mixed with Dani Moonstar anyway.
    They didn't change her powers though, Wanda was using TK in AOU and was stilling using it Endgame. More than likely Wanda has chosen not to use her telepathy much after what she did to the Avengers in AOU

When they were doing the schools thing, like Avengers Academy, I had wished that Wanda was back then so she could be a magic teacher. It'd have been a cool arc for her.
    Given the amount of mystic threats heroes face, I'm surprised there is/wasn't a magic teacher at AA or the X-Mansion.

The end goal varies, but not only making things out of nowhere count as reality warping.
    Then of course, you can just make Wanda's power energy manipulation and mystical link detection/connection, and she can still do bunch of stuff.
    I think the fueling thing you brought up is important here. Because of her natural abilities always seeming very much slight in comparison to changing a whole universe. Simon in that case was the energy source.

They didn't change her powers though, Wanda was using TK in AOU and was stilling using it Endgame. More than likely Wanda has chosen not to use her telepathy much after what she did to the Avengers in AOU
    Wanda has possessed TK in comics. That's just the ability to move things. But she did it with magic instead of mental abilities. AoU was obviously using mental abilities. Remember that in early comics, Wanda threw a chair while Iron Man and Cap were arguing.

I think the fueling thing you brought up is important here. Because of her natural abilities always seeming very much slight in comparison to changing a whole universe. Simon in that case was the energy source.
    She would need energy to manipulate in the first place.

And that's one of the things a lot of people don't realise when it comes to the likes of Disassembled and HOM, Wanda's reality warping wasn't from her own powers but from her tapping into another source.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda has possessed TK in comics. That's just the ability to move things. But she did it with magic instead of mental abilities. AoU was obviously using mental abilities. Remember that in early comics, Wanda threw a chair while Iron Man and Cap were arguing.
    Yeah, I mean, Magic Users by nature are another specific form of energy manipulators. So almost all of them can do energy blasts or move stuff to some extent.
    And elemental manipulation is also kind common among them, so some of them just move stuff by controlling air.

Extraordinary Member

She would need energy to manipulate in the first place.

And that's one of the things a lot of people don't realise when it comes to the likes of Disassembled and HOM, Wanda's reality warping wasn't from her own powers but from her tapping into another source.
    Not really? I think she is always capable to do that but normally she is just "low on battery". But it's always her power set and structure.
    Other characters cannot do that even if they are given the same outside energy source.

Yeah, I mean, Magic Users by nature are another specific form of energy manipulators. So almost all of them can do energy blasts or move stuff to some extent.
    And elemental manipulation is also kind common among them, so some of them just move stuff by controlling air.
    I just want the nightmare and reading minds thing to stay gone. That was never her's, and she deserves to be herself. Not whatever characters Whedon was associating with her.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, last thing we need is all the good work done by the MCU to Wanda to be wrecked. If she goes Dissasembled/HOM in the movies, no-one will ever want to touch her again
    I just hope she will be fondly remembered as an Avenger or at least a hero when she inevitably leaves MCU.
    Like how she said while she lives till the day she dies, she would be an Avenger.

Extraordinary Member

I just want the nightmare and reading minds thing to stay gone. That was never her's, and she deserves to be herself. Not whatever characters Whedon was associating with her.
    I appreciate Whedon's effort to bring her in, but yeah, he probably just liked Jean Grey more and wanted to do part of her here.

Not really? I think she is always capable to do that but normally she is just "low on battery". But it's always her power set and structure.
    Other characters cannot do that even if they are given the same outside energy source.
    No she wasn't, she has always needed an outside power source such as the Twilight Sword/Norn Stone or the Life Force to change reality. Think of Wanda as an engine, you give her the natural mystical energies around her and she can do her regular powers/abilities, the same if you put standard petrol in a car. You give her an outside power source, like the Twlight Sword or the Life Force and all of a sudden you are throwing Nitromethane into the engine.

I just hope she will be fondly remembered as an Avenger or at least a hero when she inevitably leaves MCU.
    Like how she said while she lives till the day she dies, she would be an Avenger.
    If she goes all Disassembled/HOM she won't be fondly remembered