Page 186 of 234 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I don't get how that tidbit gets ignored, but it has unfortunately. I wonder if they would view her differently if she were still a mutant.
    Because Marvel and (Some fans) tend to only focus on the negative aspects of a character rather than all their positive contributions. Look at Hank Pym

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yes, AvX was plotted by five of Marvel's star writers and they took turns scripting the individual issues. Hickman wrote #6, where Wanda finally shows up. Though she didn't have much to say in that issue. The Coipel art looked beautiful though. The worst thing about her prolonged absences from comics is that artists love to draw her and so rarely get the chance.
    What I thought at first, the mini with the extended fights, the issue Wanda’s fight was in, that happened to be issue 6 (even made in on the cover for that). I looked it up again, it wasn’t written by Hickman, though.

And I liked that as well. I mean, like, given the circumstances. If you have to have such a pointless fight, and even have to expand on it, that was at least a fun way to do. I only disliked Hope sucker-punching Wanda after the fight was over. Don’t know what the writer was thinking there. All it accomplished was making Hope look horrible, which she surely doesn’t deserve.

Extraordinary Member

Elizabeth Olsen can't talk about the plot of the series but at least she revealed what Kevin Feige told her to reveal:

“I’m just so excited for fans because if they know anything about the Scarlet Witch in the comics, I think this show will just get them so excited,” Olsen teased. “This show will explore why she’s known as Scarlet Witch and how she is Scarlet Witch as opposed to Wanda. We’ve always referred to her as Wanda in our films, so it’s an exciting opportunity.”

She added, "Kevin Feige, when we were teasing it at Comic-Con for the first time, he was like, 'Say a sentence about how people are gonna discover that through this show they’ll finally learn 'Scarlet Witch' and why she’s called Scarlet Witch.’ I was like, ‘Okay,’ and then I got on stage and was like, ‘we’ll see Wanda as Scarlet Witch,’” she added with a laugh. “I was so intimidated by the 8,000 people. I totally blew it.”
    I wonder if he means she'll just be learning magic, or discovering that she had magic powers all along - which has happened at least twice in the comics, from Busiek with the Chthon explanation and more recently from Robinson, who ignored that retcon and introduced her mother as the previous Scarlet Witch. I guess we can't do much until 2021 but speculate.

BTW, not exactly related, but I realized Robinson's entire mother retcon would have been exactly the same if Natalya had been Magda, Magneto's wife. It's actually similar to something Jeph Loeb introduced in Ultimates 3 (which I don't blame anyone for not remembering, that comic sucked), where Magneto's late wife was a witch and that's where Wanda got her powers and her fashion sense. Frankly I wish he'd made the character either Magda or, if that was not allowed, then Marya Maximoff, instead of introducing yet another new parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    What I thought at first, the mini with the extended fights, the issue Wanda’s fight was in, that happened to be issue 6 (even made in on the cover for that). I looked it up again, it wasn’t written by Hickman, though.
    Oh, I see. I thought you meant the main event series, whose sixth issue (of nine) was Hickman. I think Kieron Gillen wrote the fight between Scarlet Witch and Hope in the goofy "fights" miniseries. Sadly Jim Cheung is another artist who clearly loves to draw Wanda but hasn't gotten much chance to do so since then.

Last edited by gurkle; 10-09-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Scott Derrickson also had posted something about Doctor Strange teaching Wanda traditional magic. So we'll see. It was a vague response to the first film, saying him teaching her magic would come in the next movie.

Kevin Wada is drawing Wanda again. His art of her is always so beautiful! https://twitter.com/kevinwada/status...77293180133376
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

[...]

Oh, I see. I thought you meant the main event series, whose sixth issue (of nine) was Hickman. I think Kieron Gillen wrote the fight between Scarlet Witch and Hope in the goofy "fights" miniseries. Sadly Jim Cheung is another artist who clearly loves to draw Wanda but hasn't gotten much chance to do so since then.

[...]
    Yes, that’s it

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Scott Derrickson also had posted something about Doctor Strange teaching Wanda traditional magic. So we'll see. It was a vague response to the first film, saying him teaching her magic would come in the next movie.

Kevin Wada is drawing Wanda again. His art of her is always so beautiful! https://twitter.com/kevinwada/status...77293180133376
    Halloween witch Wanda?

Extraordinary Member

It was still a surprise for me in the actual announcement since they barely( more like never) interact in IW/Endgame.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It was still a surprise for me in the actual announcement since they barely( more like never) interact in IW/Endgame.
    Feige said of Beta Ray Bill, that they were going to have Bill do a brief cameo in Ragnarok, but decided that when they introduce him they will do it properly (likely in Love & Thunder).

I think Feige maybe had the same thinking with Stephen and Wanda; wait till they can do it properly rather than rush out an unsatisfying meet cute scene.

Arguably The Ancient One using Dormammu's power could be seen as foreshadowing of Scarlet Witch, if Derickson and Feige were planning ahead. Stephen's relationship with Ancient One also makes Stephen more sympathetic to Wanda than he otherwise would be.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Feige said of Beta Ray Bill, that they were going to have Bill do a brief cameo in Ragnarok, but decided that when they introduce him they will do it properly (likely in Love & Thunder).

I think Feige maybe had the same thinking with Stephen and Wanda; wait till they can do it properly rather than rush out an unsatisfying meet cute scene.

Arguably The Ancient One using Dormammu's power could be seen as foreshadowing of Scarlet Witch, if Derickson and Feige were planning ahead. Stephen's relationship with Ancient One also makes Stephen more sympathetic to Wanda than he otherwise would be.
    Well, hopefully, I mean fans are kinda easy to overreact to this kind of team-up.(In a neutral way that is, they either hype up the relationship a bit too much or simply give it more popularity, exposure, etc.)
    Like how Iron Man&Doctor Strange got their hype running wild with bunch of Awesome Facial Hair Bro, Sherlock, etc.
    Wanda&Stephen so far only got this supposedly shared lore of Mystical Marvel(even then a lot of people think Wanda is not a magic user), and that is not including people simply want them as glorified character bringer.
    I think some warm-up will be good, at least it would establish/tease their future development.
    So far it's just far-stretched guesses based on shared themes/ lore in comics only a few bunch know.
    Like I think Elder Gods/Silbing loss are both some great angles to use but not many would understand what I am saying outside of this thread.

Picked up The Marvel Book: Expand Your Knowledge Of A Vast Comics Universe and it is great to seee Wanda getting two pages (well there is a side bar on Quicksilver). Also it seems that they are pushing Wanda's mystical side, with her mission being to protect magic and she is in the Mystic section

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Picked up The Marvel Book: Expand Your Knowledge Of A Vast Comics Universe and it is great to seee Wanda getting two pages (well there is a side bar on Quicksilver). Also it seems that they are pushing Wanda's mystical side, with her mission being to protect magic and she is in the Mystic section
    When is this book published? It's nice to have more recent stuff with her in it, even if it's more of a encyclopedia book.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    When is this book published? It's nice to have more recent stuff with her in it, even if it's more of a encyclopedia book.
    It was published at the start of the month, saw it yesterday in my local bookshop. Here's the amazon link:
    https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Book-E...dp/146547899X/

ISBN-10: 146547899X
    ISBN-13: 978-1465478993
    Last edited by leokearon; 10-10-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    This is backed up by that issue of Doctor Strange where he put that sign on the Sanctum Sanctorum, to contact Wanda. And of course her own solo where she investigated odd happenings with magic. But I found it amusing that when Strange can't address things himself, he's like, "Go get Wanda!"

That all goes back to just one interview years ago were Scott Derrickson was asked if Wanda will be Doctor Strange’s student, to which he replied “Not in this movie.” .

https://www.inverse.com/article/5969...-in-phase-four

To me that’s just him answering this particular question with “No”, and now its spun like he was hinting towards later Doctor Strange movies – which back than wasn’t even clear they would be produced. I don’t think he would answered like that if he hadn’t been asked like that in the first place. One could have asked him anything and he would have replied “Not in this movie.”, if it’s not in this movie. That doesn’t mean he wants to hint anything for any future movies.

That being said, I would take Wanda being Doctor Strange’s student a thousand times over her being possessed/insane/the villain. But that doesn’t mean I would really be happy with that either. Her being “a Student” would to me imply that she is an inferior Magic-User, which I think she is not.

I would much rather see that they acknowledge that they are two completely different kinds of Magic-User. They way I see it, Doctor Strange takes a rather knowledge based / understanding based approach to magic, whereas Wanda is all about “getting the feel” for magic. Neither way has to be better/worse than the other. Instead they both could learn from each other and approach each other at least a little. Wanda – in the MCU – could for sure use some dedicated spells and some understanding how Magic “works”, while Doctor Strange could learn that in some situations it might be better to just go by the feel.

That to me would be a Team-up Movie that truly deserves that label.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    That all goes back to just one interview years ago were Scott Derrickson was asked if Wanda will be Doctor Strange’s student, to which he replied “Not in this movie.” .

https://www.inverse.com/article/5969...-in-phase-four

To me that’s just him answering this particular question with “No”, and now its spun like he was hinting towards later Doctor Strange movies – which back than wasn’t even clear they would be produced. I don’t think he would answered like that if he hadn’t been asked like that in the first place. One could have asked him anything and he would have replied “Not in this movie.”, if it’s not in this movie. That doesn’t mean he wants to hint anything for any future movies.

That being said, I would take Wanda being Doctor Strange’s student a thousand times over her being possessed/insane/the villain. But that doesn’t mean I would really be happy with that either. Her being “a Student” would to me imply that she is an inferior Magic-User, which I think she is not.

I would much rather see that they acknowledge that they are two completely different kinds of Magic-User. They way I see it, Doctor Strange takes a rather knowledge based / understanding based approach to magic, whereas Wanda is all about “getting the feel” for magic. Neither way has to be better/worse than the other. Instead they both could learn from each other and approach each other at least a little. Wanda – in the MCU – could for sure use some dedicated spells and some understanding how Magic “works”, while Doctor Strange could learn that in some situations it might be better to just go by the feel.

That to me would be a Team-up Movie that truly deserves that label.
    Well he has some plans for her now of course. And of course he wouldn't have answered it if no one asked. That's how that works in general. "Not in this movie" does hint at it somewhere, because that wouldn't be the answer otherwise. It'd have just been no. So there was or is some plan. It might be how you say and they learn from each other. But keep in mind that there hasn't been an Agatha cast yet. Movie Wanda does not know traditional magic yet. She doesn't even know the source of her powers (The Chthonic ones). It is, when you think of how they slim line everything down, most likely that Strange fills that void. Now that would leave me sad that she doesn't have Agatha. Because I feel like Wanda loses a support character there. One that's been pretty essential to her.