Page 210 of 234 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3507
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Still seems like no Wanda in February solicits except the “Tarot” flashback mini. She’s not in the “Force Works” revival mini of course.

I don’t get why she is MIA for so long (close to a year) but I am almost afraid to find out what they’re saving her for.
    She’s in the Star mini

STAR #2 (OF 5)

KELLY THOMPSON (W) • JAVIER PINA (A)
    Cover by Carmen Carnero
    Variant cover by Kirbi Fagan
    TWO REALITY WARPERS COLLIDE!
    As Star struggles to master her powers, she gets a visit from one of the world’s greatest — and most dangerous — reality warpers. But is the Scarlet Witch here to guide a fledgling, would-be hero…or put down a deadly villain? Either way, Star better learn fast — because heroes aren’t the only ones watching the new wielder of the Reality Stone.
    32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99

Check again! You missed one.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Thanks for the correction, obviously I cannot read.

Kevin Wada
    Scarlet Witch Salem witch, tarot card vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

STAR #2 (OF 5)

Cover by Carmen Carnero
    As Star struggles to master her powers, she gets a visit from one of the world’s greatest — and most dangerous — reality warpers. But is the Scarlet Witch here to guide a fledgling, would-be hero…or put down a deadly villain? Either way, Star better learn fast — because heroes aren’t the only ones watching the new wielder of the Reality Stone.
    32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99
    So Marvel created a new heroine that looks exactly like Captain Marvel and Moonstone (even the same powers) for what?
    Instead of creating new stories for established heroines.

I appreciate Wanda's appearance in Star.

She is also in this
    TAROT #3 (OF 4)
    ALAN DAVIS (W) • PAUL RENAUD (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY ALAN DAVIS
    VARIANT COVER BY KEVIN NOWLAN
    As the chaos and madness continues to spread, the Avengers and the Defendersfind themselves confronted by the most unlikely characters in Marvel history! Would you believe – THE UNBELIEVABLES?
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

She is also on the cover of Infinity Gauntlet Marvel Select HC. Marvel Masterworks Marvel Team-Up Vol. 5 has Scarlet Witch blasting Spider-Man from the cover of Marvel Team-Up #41.

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: MARVEL TEAM-UP VOL. 5 HC
    Written by BILL MANTLO with GERRY CONWAY, ROGER STERN & TONY ISABELLA
    Penciled by SAL BUSCEMA with RON WILSON & GEORGE TUSKA
    Cover by GIL KANE
    MARVEL TEAM-UP goes all timey-wimey as Spider-Man takes a bicentennial journey through America’s past, present — and futures! When the man behind the Salem witch trials pulls the Vision and Scarlet Witch back in time, Spidey gets dragged along for the ride. But Doctor Doom doesn’t cotton to people messing with his time platform, and he soon enters the fray — as they all must battle the Dark Rider! Then, it’s off to the dystopian futures of Killraven and Deathlok — before landing back in the 20th century for a crossover co-starring the Thing! Finally, Spidey, Iron Man and Doctor Strange face the Wraith in a saga featuring the debut of a Marvel mainstay: tough-as-nails NYPD Captain Jean DeWolff! Collecting MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #41-52, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #17, MIGHTY MARVEL BICENTENNIAL CALENDAR 1976, and material from MARVEL TREASURY EDITION #9 and #13.
    304 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92218-4
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: MARVEL TEAM-UP VOL. 5 HC — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 291 (DM ONLY)
    304 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92219-1
    Last edited by Witchfan; 11-21-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The Marvel Team-Up story is one of Wanda's best guest appearances even though (or because?) the premise is completely bonkers. Also notable as the first story where Wanda has teleportation power (she casts a hex that teleports Spider-Man to her for some reason), and also for many years the last story where she has that power.

Speaking of the best Wanda guest appearances, Marvel just released Power Man & Iron Fist # 102, by Kurt Busiek and Richard Howell, where Wanda and Vision guest star in a very silly but very fun story. It's in an Epic Collection and on Marvel Unlimited/Comixology.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The Marvel Team-Up story is one of Wanda's best guest appearances even though (or because?) the premise is completely bonkers. Also notable as the first story where Wanda has teleportation power (she casts a hex that teleports Spider-Man to her for some reason), and also for many years the last story where she has that power.

Speaking of the best Wanda guest appearances, Marvel just released Power Man & Iron Fist # 102, by Kurt Busiek and Richard Howell, where Wanda and Vision guest star in a very silly but very fun story. It's in an Epic Collection and on Marvel Unlimited/Comixology.
    I loved that 4-part story! "Cotton Mather" and "The Dark Rider" were the villains, if I remember correctly.

Vision and Moondragon appeared in the other issues that make up the story.. Wanda had some good hexes in the story, albeit along with some weak hexes and also feeling weak and tired from using her powers.

The "telepotation" was not so much a power, as opposed to being the result of Wanda's Hex, and it went after Spider-Man and sucked him into it. Why Spider-Man? Plot point. Wanda was calling out for help (and I think she expected the Vision to come to her aid, which he did the next issue, but not from her hex)
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 11-21-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

STAR #2 (OF 5)

Cover by Carmen Carnero
    32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99
    Here is hoping they don't oversimplify Wanda's power set.
    I mean, Star's RW power isn't magic based, right?

Right - it's cosmic based. The infinity stones are Celestial tech.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

STAR #2 (OF 5)

Cover by Carmen Carnero
    32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99
    I guess what better way for Thompson to finally prove she doesn't hate Wanda then by prominently featuring her in her new mini-series?

Even if it's probably weird that Wanda's dealing with Carol's new nemesis when she hasn't exchanged a word with Carol in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even if it's probably weird that Wanda's dealing with Carol's new nemesis when she hasn't exchanged a word with Carol in years.
    I had the same thought. But I hope there is at least some interaction with Carol herself.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Here is hoping they don't oversimplify Wanda's power set.
    I hope not either, but they may have defaulted to just can warp reality instead of can tap into a power source.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

That's kinda the thing with characters that have similar outcomes for power but with completely different mechanism.
    I mean, could a magical elemental manipulator like Modred share any useful experience with a genetic based elemental manipulator like Crystal?
    But I guess Reality Warping is more a generalized power catergory.