Page 187 of 234 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3507
    BANNED

Don’t forget, Dr. Strange was a student once, as well.

And “not in this movie” is such a non-answer that it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Now that would leave me sad that she doesn't have Agatha. Because I feel like Wanda loses a support character there. One that's been pretty essential to her.
    Not to mention Agatha being a pretty awesome character herself. And Marvel would be missing out on casting some Hollywood legends.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    That all goes back to just one interview years ago were Scott Derrickson was asked if Wanda will be Doctor Strange’s student, to which he replied “Not in this movie.” .

https://www.inverse.com/article/5969...-in-phase-four

To me that’s just him answering this particular question with “No”, and now its spun like he was hinting towards later Doctor Strange movies – which back than wasn’t even clear they would be produced. I don’t think he would answered like that if he hadn’t been asked like that in the first place. One could have asked him anything and he would have replied “Not in this movie.”, if it’s not in this movie. That doesn’t mean he wants to hint anything for any future movies.

That being said, I would take Wanda being Doctor Strange’s student a thousand times over her being possessed/insane/the villain. But that doesn’t mean I would really be happy with that either. Her being “a Student” would to me imply that she is an inferior Magic-User, which I think she is not.

I would much rather see that they acknowledge that they are two completely different kinds of Magic-User. They way I see it, Doctor Strange takes a rather knowledge based / understanding based approach to magic, whereas Wanda is all about “getting the feel” for magic. Neither way has to be better/worse than the other.
    Instead they both could learn from each other and approach each other at least a little. Wanda – in the MCU – could for sure use some dedicated spells and some understanding how Magic “works”, while Doctor Strange could learn that in some situations it might be better to just go by the feel.

That to me would be a Team-up Movie that truly deserves that label.
    I think they could just make them like DND Sorcerers/Wizards.
    Honestly I want Agatha to be Wanda's mentor since they are more fit for that kind of relationship.(Also she introduced Wanda to Witchcraft/Wicca, which is more than just learning to use power, but also something spritual that would affect her lifestyle.)
    And of course there is their positions as magic users. One thing about comic magic community is that they are super chill and open-minded.

I am not saying Stephen himself should be xenophoic or something, but making friends with literal demon spawns(Wanda, Clea, etc.) should put some pressure on his position as Sorcerer Supreme.(In comics, Vishanti doesn't feel like having an entire order of socerers, but movies surely do. And considering how it shatters Mordo that Ancient One is using Dark Dimension energy.)
    I mean sorcerers of Karma-Taj should have at least some mixed if not negative reactions to "Hey our leader is hanging out with Dormammu's niece/Chthon's Earthly vessel."

Compared to Karma-Taj/Order of Vishanti, New Salem/Agatha would be relatively more open-minded/inclusive since Witches have been a group that have been historically demonized.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Don’t forget, Dr. Strange was a student once, as well.

And “not in this movie” is such a non-answer that it hurts.
    People that work for Marvel Studios generally have to be vague. Otherwise they get in trouble.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    Not to mention Agatha being a pretty awesome character herself. And Marvel would be missing out on casting some Hollywood legends.
    I'd love if it ended up being someone like Helen Mirren.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Wanda with some of the 1960s Avengers by Alex Ross:

Extraordinary Member

People that work for Marvel Studios generally have to be vague. Otherwise they get in trouble.
    Marvel Snipers assemble!!!

I'd love if it ended up being someone like Helen Mirren.
    That would be cool

Rare to see art of my Favourite Wanda costume

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Rare to see art of my Favourite Wanda costume
    Rare indeed, Avengers V3 has some nice designs but they are short-lived in general.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Are there any stories that *only* feature Agatha, without Wanda? I don’t know any, but I never actively searched for any.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Are there any stories that *only* feature Agatha, without Wanda? I don’t know any, but I never actively searched for any.
    It's not exactly *only* Agatha, but she originally appeared as Franklin Richards's nanny - she was one of the last co-creations of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby - and Fantastic Four #94, her first issue, gives her the spotlight.

After Stan Lee stopped writing FF the other writers didn't seem to have much use for Agatha, so Steve Englehart brought her over to Avengers and used her to train Wanda in magic (or "magick" as he later insistently spelled it).

I agree. Would live to see Agatha on screen.

I have also always wanted an Agatha Action figure with a small and large Ebony!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree. Would live to see Agatha on screen.

I have also always wanted an Agatha Action figure with a small and large Ebony!!
    An Agatha Marvel legends figure would be an interesting choice

Wanda's getting one of her UA costumes on Marvel Future Fight: