Page 104 of 117 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1742
  1. #1546
    All-New Member stovap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    All right, to break the trend of complaining about Wanda not appearing enough (which I do as much as anyone) I'll try a question:

    What first made you a fan of the Scarlet Witch? It can be a comic run, a single comic, an appearance in other media, or even a single out of context panel.

    For me it was the 1998 Busiek/Pérez relaunch and specifically the first story. I didn't know much about the Avengers at the time but I thought it was really interesting that the most panel time of a new launch went not to one of the stars but to the Scarlet Witch, and the villain was out to use her and her alone.* The fact that she appeared to have all these relationships with other Avengers - her brother, her sister-in-law, the Vision and whoever Wonder Man was - also made her seem like the Avenger, and I still feel that way.

    Plus of course Pérez loves drawing her so much that he almost dares you not to fall in love with her.

    (*Reassembling all the Avengers just so one group of them would bring Wanda to Cornwall doesn't seem like a very efficient plan, and even the story admits that they could have just kidnapped her... but, you know, comics.)
    This issue this page the second to last panel AVEN126003_col.jpg

  2. #1547
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stovap View Post
    This issue this page the second to last panel AVEN126003_col.jpg
    Good old jelly Wanda.

  3. #1548
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stovap View Post
    This issue this page the second to last panel AVEN126003_col.jpg
    What issue is this from?
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  4. #1549
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Scarlet Witch

    Attachment 83388
    I do notice there are still laces/pattern on the black lines of her costume, so there are some details made into her after all.
    Though I find black runes(actually laces, but some artist drew it like runes or magic sigils) to be the cherry on the cake of her new costume.

  5. #1550
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,095

  6. #1551
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,095

    Default

    Paul Renaud is drawing Wanda in a book he is drawing. Here is his tweet.

    Paul RENAUD


    @PaulRENAUDart
    Jun 13
    More
    wip of the night. I love old school Wanda #WandaMaximoff #ScarletWitch #MarvelComics #SilverSurfer

    D88rqmzXoAADvs0.jpg

    I see Vision, Wong, and possibly Silver Surfer.

  7. #1552
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Paul Renaud is drawing Wanda in a book he is drawing. Here is his tweet.

    Paul RENAUD


    @PaulRENAUDart
    Jun 13
    More
    wip of the night. I love old school Wanda #WandaMaximoff #ScarletWitch #MarvelComics #SilverSurfer

    D88rqmzXoAADvs0.jpg

    I see Vision, Wong, and possibly Silver Surfer.
    Why is Wanda wearing her oldest headgear.

  8. #1553
    All-New Member stovap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Vol. I, #126

  9. #1554
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stovap View Post
    Vol. I, #126
    I loved the cover to #125 and the way Wanda's hexes were shown in these issues.

  10. #1555
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    Thank You!!
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  11. #1556
    Mighty Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,502

    Default

    I think there wasn't a time when I didn't like or not notice Wanda. I'd been reading the Avengers since 1968 or so and she was always in them at that time. I think the issues leading up to # 50, when Magneto (who as yet didn't know he was the father that was not really the father, sigh) had used treachery and deceit to get Pietro and Wanda to rejoin him and Toad. He even caused a police officer's gun to fire on its own, which grazed her temple and caused a loss to her powers. And they left the Avengers (great John Buscema art in those issues, btw)

    They rejoined about 2 years later when Arkon was introduced and also lured Wanda away from her brother, the iconic "Flowers in the crannied wall" poem used (#76 or 77 I think) also created a great rush of feeling for Wanda.

    Many other things; her relationship that came of knowing Vision, and subsequent soap operatics for a few years before being married to him. Her original welcome and friendship to Ms. Marvel (only to realize how she and the other Avengers screwed up with the Marcus episode), all showed her true heart to me.

    Wanda is all about being the most heart-worthy character in a way. A true Witch, and I ought to know, loves unconditionally in so many ways.

    I think the John Byrne episodes in West Coast A's, with Mockingbird/SHIELD's deceptions in taking and dismantling Vision were iconic, but sadly never to really have the resolution I wanted.

    Wanda and Vision's relationship in comics, has never been the same since all this.

  12. #1557
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Does Wanda ever interact with the Silver Surfer? Do they ever team up or have any dialogue together?

  13. #1558
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think there wasn't a time when I didn't like or not notice Wanda. I'd been reading the Avengers since 1968 or so and she was always in them at that time. I think the issues leading up to # 50, when Magneto (who as yet didn't know he was the father that was not really the father, sigh) had used treachery and deceit to get Pietro and Wanda to rejoin him and Toad. He even caused a police officer's gun to fire on its own, which grazed her temple and caused a loss to her powers. And they left the Avengers (great John Buscema art in those issues, btw)

    They rejoined about 2 years later when Arkon was introduced and also lured Wanda away from her brother, the iconic "Flowers in the crannied wall" poem used (#76 or 77 I think) also created a great rush of feeling for Wanda.

    Many other things; her relationship that came of knowing Vision, and subsequent soap operatics for a few years before being married to him. Her original welcome and friendship to Ms. Marvel (only to realize how she and the other Avengers screwed up with the Marcus episode), all showed her true heart to me.

    Wanda is all about being the most heart-worthy character in a way. A true Witch, and I ought to know, loves unconditionally in so many ways.

    I think the John Byrne episodes in West Coast A's, with Mockingbird/SHIELD's deceptions in taking and dismantling Vision were iconic, but sadly never to really have the resolution I wanted.

    Wanda and Vision's relationship in comics, has never been the same since all this.
    When the writer's end goal is just about getting rid of certain characters/relationships. Nothing good would come out of it.

  14. #1559
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Anyone knows exactly how many X-book issues Wanda has been in?(A few dozens?)
    I know Wanda's Avengers comic appearances would be over 450 at this point.(Saw the statistics done by 2014 when she has around 420).
    Just so I may bring a more clear argument whenever I get educated on why Wanda is an X-character and she is only a popular Avenger because of MCU, etc.(Not that they will listen or actually care about the numbers though.)
    The debate with Wanda that always mattered is why didnt she care enough about mutant rights issues..even if you wanted to say the gimmick of her being anti Magneto and repulsed by his heavy handed tactics to defend mutants at all costs kept her away..what about characters like Denis Green in X Men Prime who NEEDED a Wanda Maximoff type hero to save him from those bigots? It's always been a big hole in her presentation....

  15. #1560
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    The debate with Wanda that always mattered is why didnt she care enough about mutant rights issues..even if you wanted to say the gimmick of her being anti Magneto and repulsed by his heavy handed tactics to defend mutants at all costs kept her away..what about characters like Denis Green in X Men Prime who NEEDED a Wanda Maximoff type hero to save him from those bigots? It's always been a big hole in her presentation....
    To be honest Mutant Rights issues only apparently matter in X-Comics. Everyone else has there own problems apparently.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •