Page 80 of 234 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I hate the MFF description. That game is awful though. I really wish Marvel would stop doing deals with predatory mobile game companies. They just rip off Marvel fans.
    At least MUA3 is looking good and not a mobile game that wants to squeeze the last bit of money out of your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    At least MUA3 is looking good and not a mobile game that wants to squeeze the last bit of money out of your wallet.
    Yeah, there is that and the Spidey game that are good. But most of their line up is all those types of mobile games. I had played MFF and Avengers Academy. And it was beyond predatory. MFF allowed people that paid to get so much further than people that didn't. I don't mind microtransactions if they are optional, but they should not be mandatory to play the game. For that, I'd rather pay a flat fee for a game. I end up saving in the long run. Mobile games end up costing thousands to keep up with everything and complete events before they end.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Also Magneto's voice actor in MUA3 is announced (Tom Kane), curious to see later annoucement about VAs since we just tallked about that.

I think artists have a hard time with the headdress. RIP Marvel Heroes. Those artists did the costume so amazingly accurate.
    The headdress is very detailed, artists then to want to keep things simple

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Doesn't explain the gloves, or the many costume mistakes in comics. Especially the one that colored the current costume like her classic. And MH had amazing artists. But I imagine that Team Ninja also has no slackers.

Doesn't explain the gloves, or the many costume mistakes in comics. Especially the one that colored the current costume like her classic. And MH had amazing artists. But I imagine that Team Ninja also has no slackers.
    Artists have be interpreting costumes there own way for decades and given that Wanda isn't a major character, there would be less of a push to get her costume 100% right

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Yeah, there is that and the Spidey game that are good. But most of their line up is all those types of mobile games. I had played MFF and Avengers Academy. And it was beyond predatory. MFF allowed people that paid to get so much further than people that didn't. I don't mind microtransactions if they are optional, but they should not be mandatory to play the game. For that, I'd rather pay a flat fee for a game. I end up saving in the long run. Mobile games end up costing thousands to keep up with everything and complete events before they end.
    I had a lot of fun with MFF for quite a while. I was amazed that I was able to “acquire” Scarlet Witch without paying any real money. But that game became more and more tedious to me. And there was little improvement in the gameplay, especially when it comes to actually playing with other players. Like, last time I checked in Timeline Battle the opponent team was still on auto, and I think in tournaments both teams were on auto, which makes me wonder what’s even the point of that.

Also Magneto's voice actor in MUA3 is announced (Tom Kane), curious to see later annoucement about VAs since we just tallked about that.
    I am of course very curious what Scarlet Witch’s voice will be here, if she gets any. Back than I almost bought MH, one of the things that let me hesitate was her voice there, which seemed unfitting to me. Always made me think that’s Catwomen.

Well in the comics one has to draw it over and over again, but obviously not for a 3D Model. That’s why I only give it a pass here because all the models seem to be less detailed than MH or MFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I had a lot of fun with MFF for quite a while. I was amazed that I was able to “acquire” Scarlet Witch without paying any real money. But that game became more and more tedious to me. And there was little improvement in the gameplay, especially when it comes to actually playing with other players. Like, last time I checked in Timeline Battle the opponent team was still on auto, and I think in tournaments both teams were on auto, which makes me wonder what’s even the point of that.

I am of course very curious what Scarlet Witch’s voice will be here, if she gets any. Back than I almost bought MH, one of the things that let me hesitate was her voice there, which seemed unfitting to me. Always made me think that’s Catwomen.

Well in the comics one has to draw it over and over again, but obviously not for a 3D Model. That’s why I only give it a pass here because all the models seem to be less detailed than MH or MFF.
    Depending on the detail of the animation, they would have to program the beads movement as well, which would be a lot of work.

Artists have be interpreting costumes there own way for decades and given that Wanda isn't a major character, there would be less of a push to get her costume 100% right
    I know this, but some effort is appreciated. Which is why I like that Gaz took that effort. And I'm pretty sure they had a much lower budget than Team Ninja. As far as comics go, there's a reason for editors. They don't even bother spell-checking anymore.

Depending on the detail of the animation, they would have to program the beads movement as well, which would be a lot of work.
    MH did it, though. And again, Gaz was very limited. They didn't have a big budget, or made a lot of games. Team Ninja has made a few really popular games. They have the money to get the artists that can do it. I'm sorry but I can't appreciate someone taking the easy/lazy road, when it can be done. I'd understand more if it were just the headdress, but it was not. And as far as popularity. It seems like they pulled from MH's most popular played characters, which one of them was Wanda. She's not as wildly popular as we'd like. But she was heavily popular for being fun to play.

For example, this is their Zelda for Hyrule Warriors. They are perfectly capable of high detail. And doing it for the Switch.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-24-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Desperate guess, what book will Wanda appear in next? Even a minimal one?
    I'd say wait til SDCC, the recent synergy is a lot slower now that the company is split.

MH did it, though. And again, Gaz was very limited. They didn't have a big budget, or made a lot of games. Team Ninja has made a few really popular games. They have the money to get the artists that can do it. I'm sorry but I can't appreciate someone taking the easy/lazy road, when it can be done. I'd understand more if it were just the headdress, but it was not. And as far as popularity. It seems like they pulled from MH's most popular played characters, which one of them was Wanda. She's not as wildly popular as we'd like. But she was heavily popular for being fun to play.

For example, this is their Zelda for Hyrule Warriors. They are perfectly capable of high detail. And doing it for the Switch.
    Just because it has been done before , it doesn't mean the team behind UA3 can. They have different skills and abilities. Also it depends on the budget, time, the team they have been given to make the game. Wanda is only one part of a massive game, so they clearly have other priorities and in video games, Gameplay is more important than Graphics.

Honestly they probably just want to use a modern look but keep a classic element like her old headpiece.

Just because it has been done before , it doesn't mean the team behind UA3 can. They have different skills and abilities. Also it depends on the budget, time, the team they have been given to make the game. Wanda is only one part of a massive game, so they clearly have other priorities and in video games, Gameplay is more important than Graphics.
    The funding came from Nintendo themselves, and Team Ninja is very successful. I already showed what they are capable of doing. It likely wasn't talent or budget limits. It's that the costume really isn't consistent at times.

Also to note: Gazillion was a company in debt with no financial backers when they created that costume. They ended up shut down because their console release failed, so they couldn't pay the Marvel license.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-25-2019 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Honestly they probably just want to use a modern look but keep a classic element like her old headpiece.
    Perhaps, but I just wish it could be consistent. That costume isn't in a lot of places (not on merch at all) so there's very few opportunities to see it outside of comics here and there.