Page 105 of 234 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3507
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    To be honest Mutant Rights issues only apparently matter in X-Comics. Everyone else has there own problems apparently.
    They went back to it for Uncanny Avengers #1 after Xavier died but they focused on that odd Wanda/Rogue rivalry instead of pushing her insight into mutant rights.
    Last edited by MichelleDiMera; 06-16-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    They went back to it for Uncanny Avengers #1 after Xaviet died but they focused on that odd Wanda/Rogue rivalry instead of pushing her insight into mutant rights.
    Exactly, UA was an Avenger/X-men hybrid. But it isn't just Wanda, what about Beast, Justice, Firestar, Wolverine, Cannonball, Sunspot, all mutant Avengers who didn't raise Mutant Rights as far as I remember. Pietro was mostly interested in Mutant Rights when he was with X-Factor. Also it isn't just the Avengers, I don't remember the F4 mentioning Mutant Rights despite Franklin being one of the most powerful.

Does Wanda ever interact with the Silver Surfer? Do they ever team up or have any dialogue together?
    Way back--around issue 117. Wanda and Vision were trying to get to a portion of the evil eye and Surfer was too. He blasted injuring Wanda. (Afterwards, Wanda was fine and Surfer apologized). They have also met years later in an issue of the Defenders. But no, not a lot of interaction between Wanda and Surfer.

The debate with Wanda that always mattered is why didnt she care enough about mutant rights issues..even if you wanted to say the gimmick of her being anti Magneto and repulsed by his heavy handed tactics to defend mutants at all costs kept her away..what about characters like Denis Green in X Men Prime who NEEDED a Wanda Maximoff type hero to save him from those bigots? It's always been a big hole in her presentation....
    She was more repulsed by Magneto being abusive and wanting to even kill other mutants. There's so many X-characters, they could find someone.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She was more repulsed by Magneto being abusive and wanting to even kill other mutants. There's so many X-characters, they could find someone.
    That was decades ago...lol. are we gonna act like Avengers #401, 503, and Children's Crusade didnt happen?

That was decades ago...lol. are we gonna act like Avengers #401, 503, and Children's Crusade didnt happen?
    Oh I didn't know he killed Pietro decades ago. Yes, Children's Crusade happened. But Mags goes back to evil like Dr. Doom. Neither of them will stay on the side of angels permanently.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Way back--around issue 117. Wanda and Vision were trying to get to a portion of the evil eye and Surfer was too. He blasted injuring Wanda. (Afterwards, Wanda was fine and Surfer apologized). They have also met years later in an issue of the Defenders. But no, not a lot of interaction between Wanda and Surfer.
    Silver Surfer and Wanda are my two favorite characters, so if there is interaction between them coming up I will enjoy seeing it.

Silver Surfer has been involved with the Guardians recently, which mean outer space

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Oh I didn't know he killed Pietro decades ago. Yes, Children's Crusade happened. But Mags goes back to evil like Dr. Doom. Neither of them will stay on the side of angels permanently.
    Chthon: At least I am consistant and the girl can hate me all she wants without feeling any remorse.
    Seriously though, Magneto's ambiguous allegiance isn't really something anyone want to be involved in.
    Wanda didn't care enough about mutant rights, yep, but that is a repeated to death narrative that tended to blown to ground zero every few years.
    Also she should probably care a bit about herself being a literal potential walking Lovecraftian apocalypse before that minor stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Justing thinking about the themes Wanda's villains share, one of the most obvious is kinslaying seen in Chthon, Set, Lore, Salem Seven.
    She kinda talked in Chthonic font in AXIS when she cast the spell to strike down her kin.
    Really make me think Lore or Chthon are both way better explanation for HoM than "Doom did it!", both of them kill their own kind for power, there goes their motivation, not to mention the end of HoM specifically mentioned the energy of all those mutants are gone and Phoenix was going to fill that void. But where did those energy go? Into Lore or Chthon's bank account! And they placed Wanda around Wundagore after they are done.(Mystic Arcana also hinted that)
    I honestly think Doom is only used because he was one of the most famous mystical villains, but not that important or present in Wanda's lore.

Wanda would probably still have her 7 year exile from comics but at least people won't chase her ass around, they should learn from the best, which is Phoenix cosplaying Jean.
    That space fire chicken gave Jean an iconic story and shoulder all the crap, Chthon should probably does the same, that is what a dedicated villain should do, serve the hero's narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Justing thinking about the themes Wanda's villains share, one of the most obvious is kinslaying seen in Chthon, Set, Lore, Salem Seven.
    She kinda talked in Chthonic font in AXIS when she cast the spell to strike down her kin.
    Really make me think Lore or Chthon are both way better explanation for HoM than "Doom did it!", both of them kill their own kind for power, there goes their motivation, not to mention the end of HoM specifically mentioned the energy of all those mutants are gone and Phoenix was going to fill that void. But where did those energy go? Into Lore or Chthon's bank account! And they placed Wanda around Wundagore after they are done.(Mystic Arcana also hinted that)
    I honestly think Doom is only used because he was one of the most famous mystical villains, but not that important or present in Wanda's lore.

Wanda would probably still have her 7 year exile from comics but at least people won't chase her ass around, they should learn from the best, which is Phoenix cosplaying Jean.
    That space fire chicken gave Jean an iconic story and shoulder all the crap, Chthon should probably does the same, that is what a dedicated villain should do, serve the hero's narrative.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Chthon is revealed to have been involved in all the crap that happened in Wanda's life. After all, think about all the Chaos in her life. And what is the actual name of the Avengers part of Disassembled called?... CHAOS

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Silver Surfer and Wanda are my two favorite characters, so if there is interaction between them coming up I will enjoy seeing it.
    I know what you mean. Back when they first met, both characters had mystery about their powers. I wanted to see how one of Wanda's hexes worked on the Surfer and his Power Cosmic.

Extraordinary Member

How will you introduce Wanda in a new animation universe and rework her classic elements/stories in a animation?
    1.Personally I would have an Avengers animation series starting with the Maximoff twins coming to the US to join the Avengers(with Hawkeye also just joining), apparently running from something, but most of OG Avengers will stay, forming a 7-8 roster.(Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Hawkeye, Hank either as a field member or a lab scientist.) But the new recruits are directly under Cap's command so you still have some form of Cap's Kooky Quartet.
    2. An animation Wanda should use her classic Wundagore origin, but I would skip Whizzer/Miss America fo less confusion, also Wanda and Pietro would remember Django and Marya right from the start but they think they were dead, and later they were taken in by Magneto's Brotherhood(all in flashbacks.) Wanda's motivation to go back to Wundagore would be her seeing Django calling for her in a dream and the evil stirring in her birthplace Wundagore, so she would go back to investigate if Django is alive and what is going on with Mount Wundagore.
    3.Introduce Agatha slightly before NoW, but maybe don't let her teach Wanda magic right away. Let her be the lore explainer and mentor for Wanda after she went through the horrors of Wundagore and left in a state of wondering and wanting answers.
    Also introduce Chaos Magic right here.(Basicallly merging 1974, 1979, 1998 lore expansion for Wanda.)Wanda should also talk to Chthon previously, but he would talk in a fashion that is beyond human understanding.
    4.Put Wanda/Vision romance/marriage after NoW, make more some cornerstones in their relationships.(Vision being grounded isn't really a development for them, so maybe they aren't far in their relationship and Vision realize how much he cared about her in NoW?) Also Kree/Skrull War should also have their big confession moment, maybe make Vision less reluctant. Wanda and Vision being mutant and android outcast worked in the comics, but the mutant narrative might not be that present in an Avengers animation.

So Wanda being pratically an Elderspawn could fill that outcast/inhuman narrative. If Vision claims he is somehow less human, Wanda can just use the couter argument that she is not exactly as human as she appears, she is a cruel creator's work of destrution as much as he was supposed to be, but they both evolved beyond that.

This is what I would do
    1. Wanda and Pietro arrive in America after their country is ravaged by war.
    2. They join the Avengers which would include Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Wonderman with Hank having retired as a hero but still on the team as a scientist. Hawkeye joins roughly at the same time.
    3. Poor Simon dies, which will lead to the Vision being created
    4. The Twins learn that their parents may have survived but were captured. Turns out it's a trap by Mordred wanting Wanda's power to release Chthon. Mordred is defeated, but Wanda learns about her mother being a witch and her connection to Chthon. Wanda and Vision's romance would being to bloom.
    5. Wanda encounters Agatha who trains her in the ways of witchcraft.
    6. Kree/Skrull War which has the two confessing their love for each other. Also Carol becomes Captain Marvel and becomes friends with Wanda.
    7. Wanda and Vision's romance grows and eventually the will marry in a big happy ceremony.

I would leave out the mutant hatred aspect and go with the fact that Wanda and Pietro are hated for being Refugees which is (sadly) more realistic. Chthon would be also be designed to be a Big Bad, with eventually he would be released.
    Last edited by leokearon; 06-18-2019 at 12:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Just thinking Ultron/Chthon are a nice parralell, they wish for extension of themselves but get rather independent beings out of them.
    I think they can make Chthon more menacing in a way he welcomes and finds amusement in Wanda's rebellious actions, like its a child's pointless fight.
    But as Wanda grows in understanding of power and knowledge, he will start to take her more seriously, but I don't think he should be annoyed at all.
    Maybe give them a three-encounter arc weaved into the series, each encounter with new development for Wanda.(Knowing, understanding and accepting.)
    If Ultron is the type who constantly call Vision a failure, Chthon will be the oppposite mad artist type who praise Wanda's destructive potential even if she is not on his side.
    Or say he still sees Wanda as his creation going astray and as a god and creator he still wanta her on the "right path".
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-18-2019 at 06:51 AM.