Page 107 of 234 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3507

I saw the solicits, and it's depressing that she's gone for the third month in a row.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    This is what I would do
    1. Wanda and Pietro arrive in America after their country is ravaged by war.
    2. They join the Avengers which would include Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Wonderman with Hank having retired as a hero but still on the team as a scientist. Hawkeye joins roughly at the same time.
    3. Poor Simon dies, which will lead to the Vision being created
    There's a similar premise in What If? #5 (the 1989 series). Wonder Man doesn't die (as he did in Avengers #9); instead he joins the original Avengers. When Hank, Jan, Thor and Tony leave the group and new members are recruited, the team becomes a Kooky Quintet of Cap, Simon, Hawkeye, Wanda, and Pietro. Later on Hank and Jan return, with a non-costumed Hank acting as the team's "scientist in residence." Unfortunately there's dissension on the team, and like many of those What Ifs?, it doesn't end well.

Last edited by Shalla Bal; 06-21-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    There's a similar premise in What If? #5 (the 1989 series). Wonder Man doesn't die (as he did in Avengers #9); instead he joins the original Avengers. When Hank, Jan, Thor and Tony leave the group and new members are recruited, the team becomes a Kooky Quintet of Cap, Simon, Hawkeye, Wanda, and Pietro. Later on Hank and Jan return, with a non-costumed Hank acting as the team's "scientist in residence." Unfortunately there's dissension on the team, and like many of those What Ifs?, it doesn't end well.

Is that the What if? where Pietro got killed by Magneto, Wanda married Simon, Simon got mortally wounded by Ultron-Vision and Simon's consciousness got transferred to Vision's body?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I saw the solicits, and it's depressing that she's gone for the third month in a row.
    Well, it's going to be half a year at this point, embrace yourself!
    Probably she will have to wait for the follow-up to No Road Home after all.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-22-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Weapon Hex will appear in July in her own annual and in the Iron Hammer annual. I guess that counts as Wanda appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post

My version would be happier

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Weapon Hex will appear in July in her own annual and in the Iron Hammer annual. I guess that counts as Wanda appearances.
    It really doesn't. It's more X-23 than Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

I count that as a 25% Wanda appearance at most.

Let's not forget for a while there were whole years with no Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Let's not forget for a while there were whole years with no Wanda
    Don't worry, I'll never forget that she was gone for 7 years. It is what makes her being gone now feel worse. It's also what made me so pissed off when she was killed off in UA and gone for months.

Extraordinary Member

Don't worry, I'll never forget that she was gone for 7 years. It is what makes her being gone now feel worse. It's also what made me so pissed off when she was killed off in UA and gone for months.
    At least with UA you know she was bound to be back, while the end of HoM made her functionally dead.
    I have talked about how it could work in her favor if she just got poisoned to death in Red Zone arc, though there would still be a chance Bendis just resurrect her like Jack of the Hearts and put her through AD/HoM.
    But if she avoided the Bendis massecre by being dead, Heinberg might just do TCC earlier and the story could be Billy seeking Doom's help to save Wanda from whatever hell she ended up in.(Since that's basically what Doom did for his own mother.)

A great personal story with closure will certainly help a fan cope with her absence. But sadly she often disappear with unresolved stories and bunch of personal relationships and arcs cut short.

UA was a bit of a mess, still I doubt/hope Wanda will not be away for as long as she was

Extraordinary Member

At least back then you knew why she wasn't around. Now it just seems like some characters randomly disappear for months because either no one knows what to do with them, or plans to use them get changed.

So we have Sam Wilson, who just recently was Captain America in the comics and has just been teased to be Captain America in the movies, vanishing for months. It doesn't really make sense that he isn't anywhere.

The same goes for Wanda. It's not like they think she's a nobody or they wouldn't have used her in "No Road Home." But she vanishes for months, re-emerges to say she's still in the relationship off-panel with Jericho Drumm, then Jericho Drumm goes into another ongoing and she vanishes again.

I just don't think Marvel has any coherent plans for any character who isn't on their list of characters to push, and even a lot of MCU characters aren't on that list (see Sam, above).

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    [...]
    I have talked about how it could work in her favor if she just got poisoned to death in Red Zone arc, ...
    [...]
    By pure coincidence I just yesterday re-read that arc. Didn’t realized before that there was some great interaction with Wanda and Carol. Pretty much the last one save for AvX. Speaking of Carol, it’s been “teased” the she will die in one of her next issues. Just saying with regards:

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    [...]
    I just don't think Marvel has any coherent plans for any character who isn't on their list of characters to push, and even a lot of MCU characters aren't on that list (see Sam, above).
    Specifically for Marvel Comics I don’t think there are any coherent plans for anything

History of the Marvel Universe #3
    despTw.jpg