Page 110 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Is that the What if? where Pietro got killed by Magneto, Wanda married Simon, Simon got mortally wounded by Ultron-Vision and Simon's consciousness got transferred to Vision's body?
    Yep, exactly right, that's it in a nutshell. The story is a real tear-jerker. One of my favorite What Ifs!

Liam Kirwin fan art
    D9_6Zx1WkAALR6r.jpg

Marcio Takara

Wanda cameo in Dr Strange 15

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Wanda cameo in Dr Strange 15
    LoL, after the first few pages I thought you meant her dead body in whatever Illusion of a victory Dormammu had. Thank you for the “heads up”. Nice to see her and Magik side-by-side again. Been a while.

What is she doing in her classic outfit?

Poor Enchantress gets left out even in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    LoL, after the first few pages I thought you meant her dead body in whatever Illusion of a victory Dormammu had. Thank you for the “heads up”. Nice to see her and Magik side-by-side again. Been a while.

Magik is also in an older costume. It is a very weird choice by the artist.

Marcio Takara
    Sometimes you can't beat the classics (especially when drawn well) .

Extraordinary Member

Dorm's evil plan: I am gonna force your friends to wear their old outfits and beat then up in those!
    Stephen: You have serious issues.
    Dorm: Shut up and dress up!
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-27-2019 at 02:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Marcio Takara
    Anyone notice the interesting choice of Wanda's magic energy here with more organized green than chaotic red?

S.H. Figuarts are doing an Avengers: Infinity War Scarlet Witch; https://marvelousnews.com/252-25280

Tamashii Nations has released official images for their upcoming Avengers: Infinity War Scarlet Witch figure which will be out in January 2020. The figure stands around 5.9" tall will include two headsculpts, multiple hands and 3 magic wielding effect pieces.

Nice art but she is clearly just there to fill slots.
    Carol is there to represent Avengers and we all know Carol and Wanda can't show up in the same panel for some reason.
    Of course it wasn’t out yet when you wrote this, but now in this Doctor Strange issue Wanda and Carol are on the same picture. Both on the far left, Wanda in the foreground, Carol in the background, behind the Silver Surfer.

Dorm's evil plan: I am gonna force your friends to wear their old outfits and beat then up in those!
    Stephen: You have serious issues.
    Dorm: Shut up and dress up!
    Hihihi
    Yeah, I think Magik is also not wearing her most recent outfit.

Anyone notice the interesting choice of Wanda's magic energy here with more organized green than chaotic red?
    Anyone noticed that in “Endgame” Doctor Strange used a more chaotic looking energy to stop the water from breaching in?

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    S.H. Figuarts are doing an Avengers: Infinity War Scarlet Witch; https://marvelousnews.com/252-25280

Weird that it runs under “Infinity War”. By now its officially not a secret anymore that she is in “Endgame”. But I am always glad that new figures of her are created.

PS: Oh joy, this site thinks its about time again to remind Wanda’s most glorious moment “sign”

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, if you looked carefully. Ancient One was also using unfocused orange energy when she lifted Hulk's body.
    The color doesn't change though, maybe Wanda can form red sigils with some training, the visuals can bebe like in red zone.

Yeah, Wanda and Carol mostly show up together without ever really interacting these days.

Anyone wanna grab a clipboard and note down every mistake? This goes on for three quarters of an hour:

Still, this is the longest I have seen someone talking about Wanda in a video, so thumbs up for enthusiasm.

Now this might be a bad example, because maybe it’s part of a story that I just don’t know, but what are they talking about at minute 41 – 42 Rogue defending Wanda against Carol. Crazy theory of mine would be they confused Carol with the young Jean Grey, were the latter has her first encounter with post-HoM Wanda in All-New X-Men. Or, if it’s just about verbal attack, maybe “Children’s Crusade”? But there A) Rogue was referring with her “they’ll come around” only to her fellow mutants, and B) while Carol was super mad at Wanda throughout the story, she made all her comments in absence of Wanda. Actually, that is another thing that I find hilarious: Carol was hating on Wanda for such a long time, but the latter knows nothing about it. All Wanda sees is Carol welcoming her at the beginning of AvX.

It's not even her classic outfit since it's got laces up the front and her hair looks to be tied back

Commentary on Avengers #17
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-caps-ko...-mission-hulk/

Eileen Gonzalez: I'm distracted by Wanda's outfit, but otherwise, yes, that is a neat splash page!

Brian Cronin: It does seem rather..disjointed, as an outfit, right?

Eileen Gonzalez: The bikini thing she has on seems pointless. And her gloves are so pointy at the top!

Brian Cronin: It also seems to be oddly loose, no?

Brian Cronin: The top, that is.

Brian Cronin: It just sort of hangs there.

Eileen Gonzalez: It looks like she didn't put it on quite right.

Brian Cronin: Scarlet Witch is getting some of that good early 1960s Marvel female hero characterization!

Brian Cronin: Just mooning over Cap.

Brian Cronin: I'm actually shocked that Heck hasn't really over-sexualized the Scarlet Witch yet. Her costume can be drawn in a fairly racy way if you wanted to go that route.

Eileen Gonzalez: I guess they had to have someone to balance out all that testosterone from Quicksilver and Hawkeye. Why did Hawkeye even want to join the team, if he doesn't want to work with others?

Brian Cronin: I love the naturalistic dialogue that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have about Tony Stark.

Brian Cronin: It's like he paid them to compliment him.

Brian Cronin: Hmmm....he IS rich...

Eileen Gonzalez: Looks like Scarlet Witch is Hawkeye's favorite. In the worst way possible.

Brian Cronin: And it only gets worse from here.

Eileen Gonzalez: I do kinda like that panel of the robot falling apart, though.

Brian Cronin: We finally get to see Scarlet Witch use her powers!

Brian Cronin: I seriously think that Don Heck and Stan Lee are unsure what Scarlet Witch's powers are, exactly.

Brian Cronin: The use of a solid color in the panel where the robot explodes was used really well.

Eileen Gonzalez: Yeah, it's both a shame and a blessing about how underused the Scarlet Witch is, I think. A shame because her powers have the potentially to be really cool, and a blessing because if she used them to her full potential she wouldn't need anyone else and could solve every problem in about a page.

Brian Cronin: Yeah, that's always been the challenge with her.

Eileen Gonzalez: And then they all condemn the Minotaur to a slow death. I mean, it did attack them first, but surely Wanda's hex power could have given it a more merciful end than that?

Brian Cronin: I love Stan's use of Scarlet Witch's powers. "You'll remove these rocks, because, you know, bad luck and whatever."

Eileen Gonzalez: "Oh what bad luck, these rocks seems to have mysteriously disappeared."

Brian Cronin: Maybe rocks falling down is, like, bad luck for rocks?

Brian Cronin: The main point, of course, is that neither Stan nor Heck clearly know what Scarlet Witch's powers actually are.

Eileen Gonzalez: Her power is being able to balance on her one foot like that.

Eileen Gonzalez: On her tiptoe, no less.

Brian Cronin: Hey, I'm just impressed that her arms are covering her breasts!

Brian Cronin: I expected Heck to pull off one of those "Somehow standing so that breasts and ass both face toward the viewer" panels!

Eileen Gonzalez: Hawkeye has a hilariously low level of faith in this entire team.

Eileen Gonzalez: I think he only likes Scarlet Witch because she's hot.

Eileen Gonzalez: The others? Clearly losers.

Brian Cronin: "Bam! I blew that robot up with bad luck!"

Brian Cronin: "No one knows how my powers work, do they?"

Brian Cronin: "Not even me, really."

Brian Cronin: I like the bit where Scarlet Witch manages to work "under the leadership of Captain America" into a sentence in a completely unnatural-sounding way.

Brian Cronin: Scarlet Witch totally looks like she's about to kiss Quicksilver on the lips in that panel where they free him, right?

Brian Cronin: I'm sure Heck didn't mean anything with it

Brian Cronin: But it's still there.
    Brian Cronin: And now, when the others return, these new members will have been built up as personalities.

Brian Cronin: Well...Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch will be built up as personalities, at least.

Brian Cronin: People tend to default to the "original lineup" so often and yet the Avengers are one of the few examples where people really have the most nostalgia for the LATER members, like Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and VIsion.

Brian Cronin: It's a testament to the success of Lee and Kirby's shakeup last issue.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 06-28-2019 at 10:42 AM.