Page 12 of 234 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I mean something like "New Avengers" did need to happen. Johns and Austen had been doing Avengers with basically Busiek's cast, which was pretty much the same core cast the book had had since the '60s, and readers were burned out on these characters. Wanda was one of several characters who had been in the book too long and needed to take a rest. "Disassembled" sucked as a story and I think even many fans of Bendis's work admit that (plus the art and color is really dated now) but I don't think "Avengers" would be a global franchise now without it. So it wasn't a mistake, just a stupid story (though I guess stupid stories are mistakes even if they lead to something good).

It just so happens though that Wanda got hit really hard by being the villain of that story and then even harder by the "House of M" ending that forced her out of comics for many years. I would actually like to see how she would be written as part of the modern Avengers, but for a bunch of reasons it's never happened.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Hair color check, eye color check.
    But what about her headdress?
    Sorry, I just remember that time when we talk about Wanda's changing features whenever we get bored.
    Seems like they always get at least one thing off about the current costume.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I mean something like "New Avengers" did need to happen. Johns and Austen had been doing Avengers with basically Busiek's cast, which was pretty much the same core cast the book had had since the '60s, and readers were burned out on these characters. Wanda was one of several characters who had been in the book too long and needed to take a rest. "Disassembled" sucked as a story and I think even many fans of Bendis's work admit that (plus the art and color is really dated now) but I don't think "Avengers" would be a global franchise now without it. So it wasn't a mistake, just a stupid story (though I guess stupid stories are mistakes even if they lead to something good).

It just so happens though that Wanda got hit really hard by being the villain of that story and then even harder by the "House of M" ending that forced her out of comics for many years. I would actually like to see how she would be written as part of the modern Avengers, but for a bunch of reasons it's never happened.
    At least AD is not paraded like HoM.
    I would get it if someone call it "necessary evil".
    But some just act like all is justified for the sake of change. Like I said, sacrificed for a cause she is no longer part of.
    There is no easy way out, and some characters just become fireworks to hype up Bendis's personal favs. Along with bigger names.

At least now that everyone wants a piece from Avengers, Wanda struggled her way back. Hopefully she will soon be back in that mutually beneficial state with Avengers.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-15-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Seems like they always get at least one thing off about the current costume.
    I can understand simplifing the headdress inside, but on close-up cover, that's when it should really be shown

Textless Version

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Textless Version
    Gorgeous lady.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Gorgeous lady.
    Indeed....

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I can understand simplifing the headdress inside, but on close-up cover, that's when it should really be shown
    Yeah they did that with Cap's one costume that had the octagon detail on it too. Editorial seems to never correct it. Maybe it's too late before publishing to do so. But it'd be nice to have some consistency.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'll just headcanon that Wanda sometimes likes to wear her old tiara too lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wanda: Gonna put on my old classic tiara for this particular cover shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She has a drawer full of them, and takes out the one she feels like wearing that day

Extraordinary Member

Just thinking on the Morgan Le Fay storyline written by Busiek again.
    It occured to me that Morgan indirectly played a part in the formation of Wanda's power by trying to summon Chthon at Wundagore and then sealed him there.
    I don't remember there is much explaining on why Morgan knew Wanda would work perfectly as her human conduit. (I mean, the only one understanding the nature of Wanda's power would be Agatha.)

Just a headcanon that Morgan might already make the connection if she knew where Wanda was born.
    Also maybe a story element they can play on if some writers decide to put them against each other again, something like Morgan accusing Wanda for "stealing" the power that is rightfully hers or something that goes back to Wundagore and their respective connection.

Favorite team-up.

duo in colors.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Winterboy; 01-17-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

From Twitter

Scarlet Witch and Loki sneakers
    DxHMMXHVsAAkINh.jpg
    Matt's Custom Art