Page 123 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Let's just face the facts...she's supposed to be a mutant and this sham has went on too far.
    The facts are for any of these characters whatever Marvel says they are. They have the rights to them. The facts are also that Wanda never benefited from being a mutant. It wasn't even a primary power source for her. You can try to convince me (you won't), or petition Marvel, but none of that changes anything unless Marvel decides to do change it. The deal went through in March. Nothing has happened just yet. You'll have to keep hopes up on that one. But both characters are in comics limbo right now (minus appearances of Wanda in Doc Strange), with no signs of them from now through October at the least.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-28-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly it's just absurd people still throw out their theories about Wanda being a Mutant in MCU, Wanda introducing Mutants in MCU, and Wanda meeting her real dad blabla.
    Do they realize it's a Dr.Strange movie and Wanda is only there because she is potentially Mystical?
    Heck, even Wanda indirectly introduce Vampires would be more plausible since Chthon and Darkhold are Vampires' origin in MU.
    People either tried too hard to pretend they know a damn. (DS2 being the most anticipated movie in Phase 4 according to IGN) or they really never care about characters in question.

They likely need to look towards the Eternals movie. Because that's most likely the link to the mutant gene.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They likely need to look towards the Eternals movie. Because that's most likely the link to the mutant gene.
    Yeah, I don't know why everyone is just kinda ignoring Eternals when it's like the defining origin of Genetic Offshoot of humanity.
    It's just one that Wanda's character really got blurred in social media with people's shallow understanding or straight out misunderstanding.
    Or just missing the entire point about her involvement in certain projects.

And really I just see the random claim about bringing Wanda back to the family(the Magnus family or mutant family) just feels utterly empty.
    Like okay, bring her back to the "family" for what? It's really like some fans just like play house and Wanda is there to fill a certain role they see fit.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-29-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Wanda never benefited from being a mutant indeed. That was the reason she was a shared character along with Pietro between Marvel Studios and FOX. And that caused a serious blow in her other media appearances such as in gaming and animation for several years with the X-Men even though she isn't and shouldn't be tied to the X-Men. Marvel could have chosen to separate her from that mess but more often than not they chose to exclude her in things right until the X-Men ban was gone last year or so. It was frustrating and I'm glad it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Wanda never benefited from being a mutant indeed. That was the reason she was a shared character along with Pietro between Marvel Studios and FOX. And that caused a serious blow in her other media appearances such as in gaming and animation for several years with the X-Men even though she isn't and shouldn't be tied to the X-Men. Marvel could have chosen to separate her from that mess but more often than not they chose to exclude her in things right until the X-Men ban was gone last year or so. It was frustrating and I'm glad it's over.
    Now I just want this boost from Disney+ and Doctor Strange 2 to put her back in comics on a more consistent basis. Which I think will happen with them putting her in the supernatural court more often.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why everyone is just kinda ignoring Eternals when it's like the defining origin of Genetic Offshoot of humanity.
    It's just one that Wanda's character really got blurred in social media with people's shallow understanding or straight out misunderstanding.
    Or just missing the entire point about her involvement in certain projects.

And really I just see the random claim about bringing Wanda back to the family(the Magnus family or mutant family) just feels utterly empty.
    Like okay, bring her back to the "family" for what? It's really like some fans just like play house and Wanda is there to fill a certain role they see fit.
    Yeah not really sure, because it's not like they did much with that. And very likely, they still wouldn't do much with it.

Exactly, the Celestials help create mutants in the first place, so that's where mutants should be introduced

Now I just want this boost from Disney+ and Doctor Strange 2 to put her back in comics on a more consistent basis. Which I think will happen with them putting her in the supernatural court more often.
    It would be nice, a Supernatural Avengers would be cool

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I would just say it's a prime example of one character trait living out its usefulness, and a character trait seen as more important than it actually is.
    House of M had basically most of Wanda's chosen family missing while Wanda plays Princess Wanda with Magnus family.
    And animation like X-Men:Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men also don't help defining what her character is actually about.

As for Wanda's comic appearance, I am okay with either Avengers or mystical, either in a more traditional role or have the chance to explore her severely underdeveloped Mystical lore.(Chthon/Wundagore is kinda the prime example of grand lore with little to no resolve.)
    Her mutant part is also kinda similar to her mystical part as in underdeveloped, but really the mutant narrative just feels far less personal and alien to her. (Even if you ignore the whole mess of HoM.)

And let's say I don't always like the mutant racial anology aspects, unlike real world races with their shared culture, genetics, looks, etc, everything you can think of why you identify as a member of a certain people.
    While fictional races like Inhumans, Atlanteans, Eternals, etc clearly have their racial identity with their long history of culture, civilization, heritage. Mutants only really have shared genetics and the fact they are hated.
    And there is also the fact that Mutants/Humans basically share the same gene pool, and realistically speaking, a mutant will probably identify with his/her human background(nationality, race, culture, etc) first.
    Yet, being in X-franchise would more or less force that narrative on a character, hey you are a mutant! You should care more! And everyone who hold a different idea got slammed.(Havok during UA.)
    Honestly there should be actual social/genetic scientists characters who objectively point out what is being a mutant is all about than generic religious fanatics shouting about them not being humans or mad scienetists claiming they will replace humans, etc. I think it would be pretty interesting if there is a scholar kind of character who just studies the history of human offshoot, instead of acting like mutants are like the one and only offshoot humans have to worry about, because they are really not.
    But since the hatred more often than not needs to be senseless and baseless and far outside any writer's comfort zone, they won't do it.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-29-2019 at 12:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It would be nice, a Supernatural Avengers would be cool
    Just a funny thought, one of my friends who mostly read DC stuff thought Dark Avengers is supposed to be the mystical branch of Avengers just like Justice League Dark.

https://www.cbr.com/kevin-feige-scar...anos-avengers/

Wanda could have defeated Thanos one on one confirmed

Scarlet Witch's friendship with Hawkeye celebrated:
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/07...ye-friendship/

EAmMEH4XoAgFXwP.jpg
    The "Don't worry" moment.

Another Doctor Strange poster

EAL8j3GU0AEwH-g.jpg

BANNED

I have a theory that Multiverse of Madness will lead into Scarlett Witch creating the mutants, kind of like a reverse "House of M" for the MCU

"let there be mutants"