Page 136 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3507
    Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Finally just talking about how powerful Wanda is in the MCU, without “delving” into the “House of M” craziness:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Finally just talking about how powerful Wanda is in the MCU, without “delving” into the “House of M” craziness:

One point for Looper, though I still consider them only slightly better than ScreenRant.

A WandaVision poster done in the style of Scarlet Witch #1
    EB5J4FmUwAIteT7.jpg
    sokovia

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That snowman is called Olaf.
    I know. I loathe that thing so much I do not seek to speak its name . The movie as a whole was fine, though (the actual movie, obviously I wouldn’t watch that particular spinoff). A long time ago someone suggested a team-up movie with Elsa and Wanda. Elsa is a mutant after all, “Born with powers” .

Extraordinary Member

Elsa fit the the born with curse type, her power is magic by nature I think.

My own take on the Scarlet Witch is despite people who have a traditional view of Wanda Maximoffs character.

To me, something happened to the MU in 2003, and it was at the Avengers Mansion pool when Wasp said that Wanda had two children. Wanda went straight away to Agatha Harkness and shrivelled her into a dried up corpse for removing Wanda’s memory of them. Then went to Dr Doom and had him increase her reality powers to become universal, so Wanda could unleash her revenge on everyone of the hero community. Doom and Wanda were then allies.

Wanda started her campaign by punishing the FF in Authoritive Action, causing Reed to become a villain for sending Wanda’s ally to hell. Then in AD she destroyed the Avengers one by one. Next, she satisfied Magneto’s wish to have House of M and when that didn’t work, destroyed the Majority of mutants and erased her own memory. However, that didn’t stop the inevitable progress of super hero destruction she set in motion on the community, and Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, etc, till Dr Dooms beloved Secret Wars was the culmination of Wanda’s Hex of “No More Super heroes”. Wanda was a silent, hovering, parish in the background the whole time this went on.

Reed Richards recreated ANAD like the 616, but unfortunately, the Hex was still in effect. It really requires that Wanda cancel the Hex, for the ANAD to become the real 616 again, like it was before 2003. I think you can go mad if you have an overload of reality altering powers, as Dr Strange explained in AD.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-15-2019 at 06:56 AM.

Someone asked Jason Aaron about Wanda on Twitter, and this is what he said:

Jason Aaron
    @jasonaaron
    ·
    21h
    1. Sorry, no plans for Wanda right now. But we'll continue to see new characters joining the team now & then, so there's always a chance.

Extraordinary Member

Sigh. It's so ridiculous that she should go completely unused for what will soon be a year. At least in the '00s you knew why they weren't using her.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Sigh. It's so ridiculous that she should go completely unused for what will soon be a year. At least in the '00s you knew why they weren't using her.
    Every writer has their favourites. Wanda so far isn't on any of the current Bullpen's favourites list

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Every writer has their favourites. Wanda so far isn't on any of the current Bullpen's favourites list
    Actually Jim Zub has stated many times that Wanda is one of his favorite characters, but she hasn't been in anything he's written since No Surrender. So it's not just about writers not wanting to use her.

Actually Jim Zub has stated many times that Wanda is one of his favorite characters, but she hasn't been in anything he's written since No Surrender. So it's not just about writers not wanting to use her.
    No writer is going to write a character they don't want to, except for Executive Meddling. Even if Wanda is a favourite of a writer, they still have to have a story for them.

Another fan-made Doctor Strange photo

EB8cUxgW4AcTNqh.jpg

She is not unused. She has been in the last two issues of Doctor Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    My own take on the Scarlet Witch is despite people who have a traditional view of Wanda Maximoffs character.

To me, something happened to the MU in 2003, and it was at the Avengers Mansion pool when Wasp said that Wanda had two children. Wanda went straight away to Agatha Harkness and shrivelled her into a dried up corpse for removing Wanda’s memory of them. Then went to Dr Doom and had him increase her reality powers to become universal, so Wanda could unleash her revenge on everyone of the hero community. Doom and Wanda were then allies.

Wanda started her campaign by punishing the FF in Authoritive Action, causing Reed to become a villain for sending Wanda’s ally to hell. Then in AD she destroyed the Avengers one by one. Next, she satisfied Magneto’s wish to have House of M and when that didn’t work, destroyed the Majority of mutants and erased her own memory. However, that didn’t stop the inevitable progress of super hero destruction she set in motion on the community, and Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, etc, till Dr Dooms beloved Secret Wars was the culmination of Wanda’s Hex of “No More Super heroes”. Wanda was a silent, hovering, parish in the background the whole time this went on.

Reed Richards recreated ANAD like the 616, but unfortunately, the Hex was still in effect. It really requires that Wanda cancel the Hex, for the ANAD to become the real 616 again, like it was before 2003. I think you can go mad if you have an overload of reality altering powers, as Dr Strange explained in AD.
    No, Wanda just got hack written, and most of it just deserves to be forgotten.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    She is not unused. She has been in the last two issues of Doctor Strange.
    You can't really count that. Most of the time she's in a background with many characters. Her last actual line was literally, "oh, no." That was it.

That's not really using the character. We need something that will forward the character's story.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.