Page 14 of 234 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Surprisingly detailed Video about the supposed plot of Wanda’s supposed Series:

I suspect it is still based on “4chan” were the first bits came out a few days ago. If that’s so, then this is most likely nothing.

Still I am once again amazed that there is such an interest in it already that a video is made.

*If* that would be true, I would have rather mixed feelings about it. It seems to feed the trope of Wanda screwing something up with her magic, which has been to prominent in the recent years, I think. At least Wanda wouldn’t be the one who is possessed – that’s a plus. Anyway, I would much rather have her in a magical adventure, fixing something that she has not caused. As for the conflict with the neighbors, I would only be in for it if it had as counterweight the neighboring Women whom Wanda taught magic. Besides, would be weird to have the Grim Reaper with no mentioning of Wonder Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    *If* that would be true, I would have rather mixed feelings about it. It seems to feed the trope of Wanda screwing something up with her magic, which has been to prominent in the recent years, I think.
    Ha, I had the same thought. Of course it would make more sense in the MCU because she still doesn't understand her powers and hasn't met Agatha Harkness yet (if she really is in the series, which is still very much a huge "if," especially because they may not even have her rights back until the Fox deal is completely finished). Remender really did seem to give the impression, probably by accident, that she can't do anything right.

So apparently it is part Vision Quest and Part Vision and Scarlet Witch Vol 2. I don't like the idea of Wanda messing with Vision head or a Souless Vision and Grim Reaper without Simon seems weird

Extraordinary Member

Surprisingly detailed Video about the supposed plot of Wanda’s supposed Series:

I suspect it is still based on “4chan” were the first bits came out a few days ago. If that’s so, then this is most likely nothing.

Still I am once again amazed that there is such an interest in it already that a video is made.

*If* that would be true, I would have rather mixed feelings about it. It seems to feed the trope of Wanda screwing something up with her magic, which has been to prominent in the recent years, I think. At least Wanda wouldn’t be the one who is possessed – that’s a plus. Anyway, I would much rather have her in a magical adventure, fixing something that she has not caused. As for the conflict with the neighbors, I would only be in for it if it had as counterweight the neighboring Women whom Wanda taught magic. Besides, would be weird to have the Grim Reaper with no mentioning of Wonder Man.
    I like Hybrid Network's overall tone, no exaggeration and stuff.
    I still wish for more exciting stuff(at least for me), like Agatha and Modred.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Wanda: Gonna put on my old classic tiara for this particular cover shot!
    Let's just not go back to this version
    from Avengers #16 (May 1965):

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Let's just not go back to this version
    I always wonder what’s up with her body pose back then - as if she is about to be crushed by gravity . Now, with the High Evolutionary stuff I made it my headcanon that she got alien DNA from a race that lives on a planet with much weaker gravity – that’s why she struggles so much in that regard.

At least over the years she finally learned to stand upright

I always wonder what’s up with her body pose back then - as if she is about to be crushed by gravity .
    Or she was so embarrassed by the paper bag with the face hole cut-out they made her wear in the beginning . . .

By the way, I've been doing this in a few other threads, so . . .
    from some past MARVEL HANDBOOK entries (back in the '80s and early '90s):

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 No. 9 (September 1983)

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 11 (October 1986)

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition No. 9 (August 1991)

I always wonder what’s up with her body pose back then - as if she is about to be crushed by gravity . Now, with the High Evolutionary stuff I made it my headcanon that she got alien DNA from a race that lives on a planet with much weaker gravity – that’s why she struggles so much in that regard.

At least over the years she finally learned to stand upright
    Lol. I always took it as a sign of Wanda's physical weakness and lack of vitality after using her powers in those early days. After a few years, as her powers started to grow, she began to stand up straight and also pass out much less often.

Extraordinary Member

Notice how the handbook insisted that she did not have magic powers but that her magic training simply "honed her control over her existing abilities." And that she couldn't levitate, transmute, or shoot magic force blasts. Marvel in the '80s really seemed to keep her powers as limited as possible, or at least define them as narrowly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Notice how the handbook insisted that she did not have magic powers but that her magic training simply "honed her control over her existing abilities." And that she couldn't levitate, transmute, or shoot magic force blasts. Marvel in the '80s really seemed to keep her powers as limited as possible, or at least define them as narrowly as possible.
    Exactly, friend gurkle!

In addition, those book state "that Wanda does not have a separate set of powers", however in the story "The Wundagore Quest", when Modred traps her, and Wanda's magic could not free her, Wanda thinks about using her mutant hex powers which should thinks " can side-step magic by altering probabilities!" And then she jumps down from the altar imprisioning her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Exactly, friend gurkle!

In addition, those book state "that Wanda does not have a separate set of powers", however in the story "The Wundagore Quest", when Modred traps her, and Wanda's magic could not free her, Wanda thinks about using her mutant hex powers which should thinks " can side-step magic by altering probabilities!" And then she jumps down from the altar imprisioning her.
    I think that's why Gruenwald put that in the handbook, he was tired of writers having her switch back and forth between mutant and magic power.

Busiek tried to do something similar in the opposite direction by explaining that her powers were always magic, i.e. give her one power set instead of two power sets that seem to do exactly the same things.

Today, of course, her powers are just "whatever the plot wants" and probably will be forever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Exactly, friend gurkle!

Yeah, I like how she pulled every power and skill up her sleeve to fight Modred, first mystical blast, then close range physical battle, finally her natural probability manipulation.
    The very Handbook that claimed her power being limited shows different sets of her powers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think that's why Gruenwald put that in the handbook, he was tired of writers having her switch back and forth between mutant and magic power.

Busiek tried to do something similar in the opposite direction by explaining that her powers were always magic, i.e. give her one power set instead of two power sets that seem to do exactly the same things.

Today, of course, her powers are just "whatever the plot wants" and probably will be forever.
    Busiek's is more like merging two into one power that has the effect of her OG power. And then give her OG power/Wundagore origin different definition.
    But Agatha's training is still kinda separated from all that. So it's kinda still two sets of power.
    Busiek only kinda transfered her Wundagore origin to her OG power.(Wundagore Origin used to be about her having magic potential, thus a basis for her magic training with Agatha, then it's Chaos Magic, which matched with her natural power of Energy Manipulation.)

It's kinda a shame that not many writers follow Gruenwald and Busiek's well-structured power system after them.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, I like how she pulled every power and skill up her sleeve to fight Modred, first mystical blast, then close range physical battle, finally her natural probability manipulation.
    The very Handbook that claimed her power being limited shows different sets of her powers.
    Very true.

In the one pic above, Wanda uses one of my favorites, but very least seen: her hex-sphere! It is an energy sphere that can repel anything directed at it, from the Enchantress' magic to Modred's. I have never seen the Hex-Sphere mentioned or even talked about. The first time I saw it used, there was no in-book explanation of it, nor did Wanda seem surprised about it.