Page 149 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3507

The shadows are clearly supposed to be Vision and Wanda's true (heroic) forms. The poster looks great, hopefully we will see some footage soon

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The bottom part of the door, not illuminated by the red light from the TV, curves outward. Some literal reality warping is going on.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably a mix of the Englehart series and the Tom King Vision run.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they borrow some concepts from Robinson's Scarlet Witch series as well to explain her powers/origins in more detail and perhaps the origin of the Scarlet Witch moniker in that universe, specially if Agatha is on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Full version:

Another shadow, which should be Vis. So it looks like it is her with the headpiece and not Mephisto or some other demon.

And the room is all white, except for the direction the TV's red light is illuminating(and also making the shadows I guess).
    This looks so cool and pretty much what I expected when they said it would have a ''50s sitcom'' vibe. I LOVE the references in the shadows. The red energy coming out of the TV is VERY telling. I think it's kinda obvious at this point that some form of reality warping and/or illusion is going on. I'm curious to see how they're gonna explain that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they borrow some concepts from Robinson's Scarlet Witch series as well to explain her powers/origins in more detail and perhaps the origin of the Scarlet Witch moniker in that universe, specially if Agatha is on the show.

This looks so cool and pretty much what I expected when they said it would have a ''50s sitcom'' vibe. I LOVE the references in the shadows. The red energy coming out of the TV is VERY telling. I think it's kinda obvious at this point that some form of reality warping and/or illusion is going on. I'm curious to see how they're gonna explain that.
    Honestly I kinda dislike Robinson's origin for Wanda, it just makes it messier.
    I will just stick with Nights of Wundagore as the basis for her origin. At least keep Chthon, and use Modred as a more direct villain/threat.
    The title Scarlet Witch could as well be a name recorded in a Darkhold prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also think the area around the face you can see what looks like long hair. Or at leas that's how it looks to me.

Probably a mix of the Englehart series and the Tom King Vision run.
    Yeah, and they'll probably introduce a pair of twins - though I won't be surprised if it's one from each of those two books - William (Wiccan) and Vivian (Viv Vision), both because Viv is more popular than Speed, and because that way they have a girl for diversity when the kids inevitably get aged up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Well, now House of M is basically a stand-in for reality warping. Kinda feel bad for Busiek who actually established Chaos Magic and this kind of powerset.
    I kinda understand some people say HoM without necessarily wanting all that toxic ****, but really there is like nothing HoM about the poster style wise.
    People just give all the credits to HoM and it just feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, and they'll probably introduce a pair of twins - though I won't be surprised if it's one from each of those two books - William (Wiccan) and Vivian (Viv Vision), both because Viv is more popular than Speed, and because that way they have a girl for diversity when the kids inevitably get aged up.
    Don't see why they can't have triplets

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, now House of M is basically a stand-in for reality warping. Kinda feel bad for Busiek who actually established Chaos Magic and this kind of powerset.
    I kinda understand some people say HoM without necessarily wanting all that toxic ****, but really there is like nothing HoM about the poster style wise.
    People just give all the credits to HoM and it just feels wrong.
    This, fits very well to what I intended to write anyway:

While a lot of “Uninformed Citizens ” now think and/or say “House of M”, this scenario looks nothing like HoM. Wanda is not in a Royal Robe. Vision was not part of HoM. And last but not least, HoM spends most of its time with mutant characters. While the date for WandaVision of spring 2021 seems rather late, around that time mutants will still not be part of the MCU, based on what movie and series titles got announced, or rather, not announced.

And alternate or “fake” reality is not an idea exclusive to HoM. It was achieved by magical or even scientific means in many Fantasy and Sci-Fi stories. And by no means it has to damage a character the way HoM did.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    This, fits very well to what I intended to write anyway:

While a lot of “Uninformed Citizens ” now think and/or say “House of M”, this scenario looks nothing like HoM. Wanda is not in a Royal Robe. Vision was not part of HoM. And last but not least, HoM spends most of its time with mutant characters. While the date for WandaVision of spring 2021 seems rather late, around that time mutants will still not be part of the MCU, based on what movie and series titles got announced, or rather, not announced.

And alternate or “fake” reality is not an idea exclusive to HoM. It was achieved by magical or even scientific means in many Fantasy and Sci-Fi stories. And by no means it has to damage a character the way HoM did.
    Speaking of HOM it was always strange that the Vision wasn't involved, but that's the Hack (Bendis) for you

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Speaking of HOM it was always strange that the Vision wasn't involved, but that's the Hack (Bendis) for you
    Yeah, I was thinking that too, just wouldn’t write it because it distracted from what I wanted to say. To be fair, if in WandaVision she creates her perfect world and there Pietro remains dead, that would be just as nonsensical.

The reason I guess would be that for some reason Marvel Studios just doesn’t want this character, or at least not cares about him at all.

Yeah, I was thinking that too, just wouldn’t write it because it distracted from what I wanted to say. To be fair, if in WandaVision she creates her perfect world and there Pietro remains dead, that would be just as nonsensical.

The reason I guess would be that for some reason Marvel Studios just doesn’t want this character, or at least not cares about him at all.
    Pietro is hardly in the HoM Marvel Legendary card deck set out this past week. It’s almost all Wanda, a few Magneto and a few Quicksilver and Wanda’s twins.

Last edited by jmc247; 08-26-2019 at 10:48 AM.

This might be bordering on being off-topic, but I just want to say that I am happy that She-Hulk got announced. I’ve got the feeling that Jen was on the brink of becoming one of Wanda’s closest friends, but not much was done with it (even less than with Carol). Its quite a while ago, but I do remember a scene with Jen and Vision, right after Vision was restored, after AD/HoM, before Wanda’s return in “Children’s Crusade”. While with the knowledge that I have today her notion of “Wanda’s Family” makes me “eyesroll”, I will never forget her that she was “defending” Wanda.

And if in the MCU Wanda ever gets into trouble, it would be good to have such a lawyer as a friend. I don’t believe the government is done with Wanda yet. At least they wouldn’t capture her publicly, during Stark’s funeral General Ross was standing almost directly behind her.

This might be bordering on being off-topic, but I just want to say that I am happy that She-Hulk got announced. I’ve got the feeling that Jen was on the brink of becoming one of Wanda’s closest friends, but not much was done with it (even less than with Carol). Its quite a while ago, but I do remember a scene with Jen and Vision, right after Vision was restored, after AD/HoM, before Wanda’s return in “Children’s Crusade”. While with the knowledge that I have today her notion of “Wanda’s Family” makes me “eyesroll”, I will never forget her that she was “defending” Wanda.

And if in the MCU Wanda ever gets into trouble, it would be good to have such a lawyer as a friend. I don’t believe the government is done with Wanda yet. At least they wouldn’t capture her publicly, during Stark’s funeral General Ross was standing almost directly behind her.
    Someone pointed out that, maybe Jimmy Woo is on the show as Wanda's parole officer, as he was Scott's. She was a #TeamCap fugitive just like him.

@jmc247
    LOL
    “Each Scarlet Witch in the city is a villain ... ”
    That just might be the most horrendous and insulting sentence I have ever heard about her, but thanks for sharing anyway