Page 150 of 210 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3142
  1. #2236
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly I kinda dislike Robinson's origin for Wanda, it just makes it messier.
    I will just stick with Nights of Wundagore as the basis for her origin. At least keep Chthon, and use Modred as a more direct villain/threat.
    The title Scarlet Witch could as well be a name recorded in a Darkhold prophecy.
    It was messier in the comics because Wanda already had a pretty convoluted history with tons of retcons. MCU Wanda doesn't have that same baggage, so it would be a lot easier to establish some of those concepts there. And I'm just suggesting Robinson because of the rumors that Tom King's run was a inspiration. Both books were published at the same time and both had Agatha Harkness, so I can see the showmakers seeing this as an opportunity to interconnect them in the MCU in some way. Which is not to say they weren't inspired by some older books as well. I think if done well, they can mix up a lot of certain elements and make it work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, and they'll probably introduce a pair of twins - though I won't be surprised if it's one from each of those two books - William (Wiccan) and Vivian (Viv Vision), both because Viv is more popular than Speed, and because that way they have a girl for diversity when the kids inevitably get aged up.
    After seeing the poster, I'm convinced the twins are gonna be humans. Or at least human-looking twins. It doesn't make a lot of sense for them to use this ''traditional 50s family'' aesthetic and then add two synthezoids as their children. So IF they have any kids, I'm betting it will be the classic William/Thomas OR they're gonna make Vin/Viv looking like humans. Either way, I'm like 90% convinced that the kids in this wouldn't be real anyway.

  2. #2237

    Default

    I want Nights of Wundagore as well. Chthon is essential to Wanda. Her parentage changed so much that it's too fluid.

    They might make the kids the newer ones, but I keep getting a feeling like people don't realize that Wiccan and Speed were not her sons. That they weren't even brothers. They are kids born to other people, they just had a soul transplant.

    I also get the feeling that all people seem to want Wanda for is to be brood mare to mutants and Young Avengers. Which is terrible. Please give Wanda the time necessary to be her own character before suggesting such things. Up until now, she's just been a side character. Wanda fans need and deserve something. She's not even in comics atm.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-26-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    Was Curlytop

  3. #2238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, now House of M is basically a stand-in for reality warping. Kinda feel bad for Busiek who actually established Chaos Magic and this kind of powerset.
    I kinda understand some people say HoM without necessarily wanting all that toxic shit, but really there is like nothing HoM about the poster style wise.
    People just give all the credits to HoM and it just feels wrong.
    Yeah I wish people would remember that it was Busiek too. Who had a far more superior story. But nope, let's keep bringing up the hack story!
    Was Curlytop

  4. #2239
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Someone pointed out that, maybe Jimmy Woo is on the show as Wanda's parole officer, as he was Scott's. She was a #TeamCap fugitive just like him.
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what Woo is doing here since I think most people just assumed Team Cap members all got pardons after the Snap (aside from Scott who still had to deal with the Accords).

    It could be the government has him watching her because she's probably the strongest Avenger on Earth.

  5. #2240
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It was messier in the comics because Wanda already had a pretty convoluted history with tons of retcons. MCU Wanda doesn't have that same baggage, so it would be a lot easier to establish some of those concepts there. And I'm just suggesting Robinson because of the rumors that Tom King's run was a inspiration. Both books were published at the same time and both had Agatha Harkness, so I can see the showmakers seeing this as an opportunity to interconnect them in the MCU in some way. Which is not to say they weren't inspired by some older books as well. I think if done well, they can mix up a lot of certain elements and make it work.



    After seeing the poster, I'm convinced the twins are gonna be humans. Or at least human-looking twins. It doesn't make a lot of sense for them to use this ''traditional 50s family'' aesthetic and then add two synthezoids as their children. So IF they have any kids, I'm betting it will be the classic William/Thomas OR they're gonna make Vin/Viv looking like humans. Either way, I'm like 90% convinced that the kids in this wouldn't be real anyway.
    I mean, Natalya's invovlement will kinda mess with the idea where she got the magic potential from. I mean she both collide with Chthon in terms of “born with magic” and Agatha's Witchcraft teaching.
    Things would be more clear if Chaos Magic is strictly cursed-based and Witchcraft is knowledge based.
    Also the thing with “missing parents”, be it Magento, Magda, Natalya, etc. You kinda have to explain why they abandon thei kids and stuff, which takes up time.

  6. #2241
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I want Nights of Wundagore as well. Chthon is essential to Wanda. Her parentage changed so much that it's too fluid.

    They might make the kids the newer ones, but I keep getting a feeling like people don't realize that Wiccan and Speed were not her sons. That they weren't even brothers. They are kids born to other people, they just had a soul transplant.

    I also get the feeling that all people seem to want Wanda for is to be brood mare to mutants and Young Avengers. Which is terrible. Please give Wanda the time necessary to be her own character before suggesting such things. Up until now, she's just been a side character. Wanda fans need and deserve something. She's not even in comics atm.
    Well, I don't feel the same way about YA, it won't take much time of the show I think. The kids could just be magic construct who will be gone by the end.
    But their souls lingers around to lead to creation of Wiccan and Speed. (To explain this connection to audience, they can reveal Wanda also has Chthon's soul shard or something, like powerful mystical beings' soul can be shared and passed down.)
    I wouldn't mind if she gets Jessica Jones' role in YA, it's a fair trade IMO.

  7. #2242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I don't feel the same way about YA, it won't take much time of the show I think. The kids could just be magic construct who will be gone by the end.
    But their souls lingers around to lead to creation of Wiccan and Speed. (To explain this connection to audience, they can reveal Wanda also has Chthon's soul shard or something, like powerful mystical beings' soul can be shared and passed down.)
    I wouldn't mind if she gets Jessica Jones' role in YA, it's a fair trade IMO.
    To me, it's not bad down the line, after her stuff is established. But her stuff first. Because I have a feeling that after they establish the YA, Wanda will be gone from the MCU.
    Was Curlytop

  8. #2243
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    To me, it's not bad down the line, after her stuff is established. But her stuff first. Because I have a feeling that after they establish the YA, Wanda will be gone from the MCU.
    Well, that is one possibilty, I mean "missing mom" is kinda Billy and Tommy's thing.
    I wouldn't mind if Wanda's ending is some kind of slumber in Wundagore after her ultimate showdown with Chthon.(hopefully she gets one.) That way, she will probably be like Iron Man in Far From Home, but more like a mysterious figure to the kids.
    (If possible they can do the whole Demiurge deal and include it in the Elder Gods lore as well.)
    Or a peaceful retirement ending, and play the JJ role like I just said.

    It could interfere with the story a bit since, well, if you got two kids in the home setting and you cannot just pretend they don't exist.
    Another dumb theory of mine could just be them not actually having kids but just staying on that "planning" stage, thinking about names, what they could end up like, etc. And that kind of wish got transfered to some other kids, or... stuff.

    I mean if they do YA, the actual characters they need are Wiccan and Speed, not William and Thomas Maximoff, so it probably won't matter if they are actually born, products of illusion, or just hopes and wishes of their parents.

  9. #2244
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    I have mentioned this many times but never actually do much research into it.
    Basically to introduce a easy-to-understand reality warping power system to the audience, they can give Chthon and Modred some kind of Author Power and also make Darkhold a Reality-Writing Book.
    866bb2efce1b9d16725a5f88f8deb48f8e5464ec.jpg
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...ityWritingBook
    This page really makes Darkhold sounds like some kind of Automatic Data Recorder, not only for things exist but also things that shouldn't exist, and a twisted story book that never give happy endings and never let people escape.
    Also it can give Wanda a struggle on a meta level, how a creation/character oppose her creator/author?
    Also this way it can make her own reality warping more positive as it marks her taking her fate in her own hand, finding the strength to make a well-deserved ending for herself.

  10. #2245
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    To me, it's not bad down the line, after her stuff is established. But her stuff first. Because I have a feeling that after they establish the YA, Wanda will be gone from the MCU.
    The YA are quite hard to do in their comic form in the MCU to be honest. Stature and soon Kate are the only ones to be introduced. Wiccan and Speed aren't even born. Patroit could work with some retooling but that would eliminate my grandfather was the first Cap. Hulking can't be done since Mar-Vell died in the 90's and we haven't gotten Kang yet so no Iron lad.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  11. #2246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, that is one possibilty, I mean "missing mom" is kinda Billy and Tommy's thing.
    I wouldn't mind if Wanda's ending is some kind of slumber in Wundagore after her ultimate showdown with Chthon.(hopefully she gets one.) That way, she will probably be like Iron Man in Far From Home, but more like a mysterious figure to the kids.
    (If possible they can do the whole Demiurge deal and include it in the Elder Gods lore as well.)
    Or a peaceful retirement ending, and play the JJ role like I just said.

    It could interfere with the story a bit since, well, if you got two kids in the home setting and you cannot just pretend they don't exist.
    Another dumb theory of mine could just be them not actually having kids but just staying on that "planning" stage, thinking about names, what they could end up like, etc. And that kind of wish got transfered to some other kids, or... stuff.

    I mean if they do YA, the actual characters they need are Wiccan and Speed, not William and Thomas Maximoff, so it probably won't matter if they are actually born, products of illusion, or just hopes and wishes of their parents.
    I'd say more Tommy, as Billy had his mom. Rebecca Kaplan was very present in his life.

    I have not seen FFH just yet. Will probably see it when it comes available on digital in October.
    Was Curlytop

  12. #2247
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd say more Tommy, as Billy had his mom. Rebecca Kaplan was very present in his life.

    I have not seen FFH just yet. Will probably see it when it comes available on digital in October.
    I meant Wanda missing and them trying to find her is kinda part of their story. Wanda had Django and Marya, but missing parents are still part of her comic story.

  13. #2248
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,335

    Default

    Jeremy Conrad
    @ManaByte
    ·
    21h
    The light from the TV is shining through a hole in his head from where the stone used to be.

    Jeremy Conrad
    @ManaByte
    ·
    21h
    What if the hole in the Vision shadow’s head means he’s still dead and it’s like Weekend at Bernie’s in the MCU? Then Wanda realizing that at the end leads to a breakdown like in House of M and Doctor Strange has to get involved.



    Jeremy Conrad
    @ManaByte
    ·
    21h
    Doctor Strange monitors for potential threats, and someone with reality warping powers having a breakdown would be quite the threat.

  14. #2249
    Fantastic Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    This might be bordering on being off-topic, but I just want to say that I am happy that She-Hulk got announced. I’ve got the feeling that Jen was on the brink of becoming one of Wanda’s closest friends, but not much was done with it (even less than with Carol). Its quite a while ago, but I do remember a scene with Jen and Vision, right after Vision was restored, after AD/HoM, before Wanda’s return in “Children’s Crusade”. While with the knowledge that I have today her notion of “Wanda’s Family” makes me “eyesroll”, I will never forget her that she was “defending” Wanda.

    And if in the MCU Wanda ever gets into trouble, it would be good to have such a lawyer as a friend. I don’t believe the government is done with Wanda yet. At least they wouldn’t capture her publicly, during Stark’s funeral General Ross was standing almost directly behind her.
    Someone pointed out that, maybe Jimmy Woo is on the show as Wanda's parole officer, as he was Scott's. She was a #TeamCap fugitive just like him.
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what Woo is doing here since I think most people just assumed Team Cap members all got pardons after the Snap (aside from Scott who still had to deal with the Accords).

    It could be the government has him watching her because she's probably the strongest Avenger on Earth.
    When she came through one of the sling ring portals, Wanda Maximoff once again entered United States of America’s soil without permission. Furthermore, she took part on an Avengers operation to save the Universe which was not sanctioned by the according UN Panel.

  15. #2250
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Here's a reconstruction of the teaser they showed at D23 - they haven't shot anything yet so they took clips of the old "Dick Van Dyke Show" and kept interrupting it with clips of Wanda and Vision from the past.

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1166053696204988419

    From the clips they chose ("There's something wrong with both of us") it seems more and more likely that there is some kind of "perfect world" thing going on and that we will see them living as a sitcom couple at some point and bits of reality will intrude, sort of like "House of M" (or the many other stories that have done this idea) but combined with the sitcom vibe of the second Vision/Wanda miniseries and the creepy atmosphere of Vision's series.

    For whatever else we'll just have to wait until 2021, I guess, or at least until they start shooting and we get some leaks. I do hope Wanda and/or Vision get to actually meet some of the guest characters and they won't just be characters in the sitcom world.
    Last edited by gurkle; 08-27-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •