Page 151 of 234 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Jeremy Conrad
    @ManaByte
    ·
    21h
    The light from the TV is shining through a hole in his head from where the stone used to be.

Jeremy Conrad
    @ManaByte
    ·
    21h
    What if the hole in the Vision shadow’s head means he’s still dead and it’s like Weekend at Bernie’s in the MCU? Then Wanda realizing that at the end leads to a breakdown like in House of M and Doctor Strange has to get involved.

Jeremy Conrad
    @ManaByte
    ·
    21h
    Doctor Strange monitors for potential threats, and someone with reality warping powers having a breakdown would be quite the threat.
    I wish that Youtube theory would burn in hell, so we don't have to see it anymore. Everyone is just copying everyone else's theory and haven't read a damn thing about the character. Just parrot the same tired bs.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Very nice! I had not seen that outfit with such high boots. Love the Hex Blasts on each hand!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Here's a reconstruction of the teaser they showed at D23 - they haven't shot anything yet so they took clips of the old "Dick Van Dyke Show" and kept interrupting it with clips of Wanda and Vision from the past.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1166053696204988419

From the clips they chose ("There's something wrong with both of us") it seems more and more likely that there is some kind of "perfect world" thing going on and that we will see them living as a sitcom couple at some point and bits of reality will intrude, sort of like "House of M" (or the many other stories that have done this idea) but combined with the sitcom vibe of the second Vision/Wanda miniseries and the creepy atmosphere of Vision's series.

For whatever else we'll just have to wait until 2021, I guess, or at least until they start shooting and we get some leaks. I do hope Wanda and/or Vision get to actually meet some of the guest characters and they won't just be characters in the sitcom world.
    Well, Pleasant Hill would be more fitting here since it's a nice little town than royal cosplay.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Jeremy Conrad
    @ManaByte
    ·
    21h
    The light from the TV is shining through a hole in his head from where the stone used to be.

Jeremy Conrad
    @ManaByte
    ·
    21h
    What if the hole in the Vision shadow’s head means he’s still dead and it’s like Weekend at Bernie’s in the MCU? Then Wanda realizing that at the end leads to a breakdown like in House of M and Doctor Strange has to get involved.

Jeremy Conrad
    @ManaByte
    ·
    21h
    Doctor Strange monitors for potential threats, and someone with reality warping powers having a breakdown would be quite the threat.
    Should I say stretch like Mr.Fantastic or fanfic like Kamala Khan?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...ans-ms-marvel/
    And although not turned into human, prominent movie mutants Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were turned into non-mutants again, experimental subjects of the High Evolutionary as a result of all the internal Marvel politics. I understand that current management are planning to emphasise Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Magneto’s family ties in 2020 – but plans may be on hold as a result of the WandaVision TV show on Disney+ so as not to confuse people further.

Extraordinary Member

And although not turned into human, prominent movie mutants Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were turned into non-mutants again, experimental subjects of the High Evolutionary as a result of all the internal Marvel politics. I understand that current management are planning to emphasise Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Magneto’s family ties in 2020 – but plans may be on hold as a result of the WandaVision TV show on Disney+ so as not to confuse people further.
    LOL, maybe that explains why Wanda and Pietro haven't been in anything lately? Cebulski is pretty much turning the company back into "All X-Men, all the time" so it would make sense if he wanted to re-establish the status quo circa the 1990s.

On the other hand they've known about this series for a long time, so I think this could be one bit of Rich Johnston gossip that should be taken with a grain of salt (I don't dislike Johnston, BTW; all gossip columnists are sometimes wrong). If anything would have thrown a monkey wrench into such a plan it would be the unexpected news that Wanda will be moving into the Doctor Strange film series.

We all knew it was going to happen eventually. Any bets on how they'll retcon the retcon which retconned the retcon of that other retcon?

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Here's a reconstruction of the teaser they showed at D23 - they haven't shot anything yet so they took clips of the old "Dick Van Dyke Show" and kept interrupting it with clips of Wanda and Vision from the past.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1166053696204988419

From the clips they chose ("There's something wrong with both of us") it seems more and more likely that there is some kind of "perfect world" thing going on and that we will see them living as a sitcom couple at some point and bits of reality will intrude, sort of like "House of M" (or the many other stories that have done this idea) but combined with the sitcom vibe of the second Vision/Wanda miniseries and the creepy atmosphere of Vision's series.

For whatever else we'll just have to wait until 2021, I guess, or at least until they start shooting and we get some leaks. I do hope Wanda and/or Vision get to actually meet some of the guest characters and they won't just be characters in the sitcom world.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they did the 50s/60s sitcom vibe straight. But I like genre mashups. And Vision in sweaters.

I do hope this HoM nonsense is just conjecture. I mean, people have predicting Wanda will go HoM since the announcement of her appearance in the MCU. And you'd think Disney would be aware enough to steer away from that sort of story in 2019, especially given the massive backlash GOT got. This is one of the few times I've appreciated Disney's rigid insistence on being "safe" and non offensive.
    Last edited by Saffron; 08-27-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    We all knew it was going to happen eventually. Any bets on how they'll retcon the retcon which retconned the retcon of that other retcon?
    The simplest solution I've heard is that Wanda's spell in AXIS accidentally took away their family ties or something, and when the spell is reversed everything goes back to normal. It's not like that spell made any sense to begin with since it was supposed to strike down the men of her bloodline but didn't actually do anything except knock Pietro out for a bit.

Then they just say that the long-lost father mentioned in the Scarlet Witch series was actually Magneto. No, it doesn't make sense. Again, nothing about their backstory has made sense since the 1970s, so they still might do it.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I wish they also make it clear that Wanda doesn't want a father like Magento anyway.
    The last thing I need is them suddenly getting close because some you are my daddy after all BS.

Don't want it. Save the page space for new stories instead of yet another retcon, of a retcon. It's not really needed and it did nothing for the character. They did nothing with it in 30 years. So it'd likely just be the same. Wanda needs and deserves new stories that push her character forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Did I accidentally summon this guy? Can someone wish him/her away? Seriously though, looks like now that Wanda is getting actually famous (thanks to the MCU, comics are basically ignoring her right now) all the people who hate her and want to villainize her are crawling out of their holes, at least partly driven by jealousy.
    Not hate her. Just someone who understands her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Not hate her. Just someone who understands her.
    Understand, like 1% of her entire history in Marvel publication and talking about the single most famous and yet toxic story.
    I understand a person for the most superficial things I know aobut him/her, is that it?
    And honestly you are on a thread where understanding is like the basic entrance, so nothing to make a fuzz about.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-27-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Nope, Wanda's powers have been magic and probability altering. Bendis introduced that reality warping nonsense. A Nexus Being largely meant she existed in every reality.
    Who knows what Doom cloned into Wanda before Avengers Disassembled? But the powers she had after that affected Thor in Asgard, Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, the Kree and Skrull, SHIELD, and the House of M reality onto the whole world. This then goes way passed just altering outcomes. This predetermines outcomes into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Who knows what Doom cloned into Wanda before Avengers Disassembled? But the powers she had after that affected Thor in Asgard, Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, the Kree and Skrull, SHIELD, and the House of M reality onto the whole world. This then goes way passed just altering outcomes. This predetermines outcomes into the future.
    The cloned Wanda thing was just to play a joke on Hawkeye. I don't think they meant that AD and HoM Wanda was the clone. It'd be nice though.