Page 153 of 234 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3507
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She hasn't been either for five years. They retconned it out in Axis. And then went into it further in Wanda's solo book.
    You caught me -- I've been out of the loop for a looong time lol. I'm guessing she's a by-product of the High Evolutionary messing with genetics and she's more of a real spell caster now. I don't know if I really like or dislike that change since her being a mutant is why she was hated growing up, why she joined Magneto's Brotherhood.

The whole thing with "mutants are hated and feared" has been done to death, right there alongside Peter Parker is poor and Bruce Wayne may be crazy, but that really was a big part of her origin.

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    You caught me -- I've been out of the loop for a looong time lol. I'm guessing she's a by-product of the High Evolutionary messing with genetics and she's more of a real spell caster now. I don't know if I really like or dislike that change since her being a mutant is why she was hated growing up, why she joined Magneto's Brotherhood.

The whole thing with "mutants are hated and feared" has been done to death, right there alongside Peter Parker is poor and Bruce Wayne may be crazy, but that really was a big part of her origin.
    It wasn't really essential to her. It was mostly ignored in her over 50 years with the Avengers. If they ever really need to revisit that concept, make it so she's discriminated against for being Romani. She's also been a real spell caster since the 70s. When Agatha trained her and the Chthon link was established.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-28-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post

She wasn't really hated growing up due to her being a Mutant, by the time she exposed herself as a Mutant, the villagers skipped the hate and straight up wanted to kill her and Pietro.

Personally I see joining Brotherhood as an act of feeling in debt and need for survival than “finding my fellow Mutants.”

The thing is that it's not much of an origin than “initial appearance”, her defining origin is Nights of Wundagore.

Extraordinary Member

Off topic but I really want to see the “charged attacks” of magic users like in No Surrender and how Stephen mumbling Vishanti's names.
    I like fast-paced fights but some super-charged final blow is my personal jam.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Near the end of this video,

Jac Schaeffer’s “more than two and a half ours” leaves me confused. So either:

Best and most optimistic interpretation, she’s referring to the average runtime of previous Marvel movies, then this would be just bad wording.

Or, WandaVision has been significantly shortened from its announced 6 hours runtime – that would be horrible .

Or, the showrunner doesn’t know the show’s runtime – that would be troubling.

Also Lizzie’s

“There are plenty of comic books that support why both of these characters should be in a sitcom.”

I cannot think of a single one . By no means I am against that, especially considering that apparently its gonna get darker over the course of its run.

People in the comments are wondering whether there will be laugh-tracks. I rather hope not so, as they would have to cease later on – which would be awkward, I think. Only way I can think of is if its “real” characters of the MCU who are laughing about how long it takes Wanda and Vision to figure out that they are trapped in a Bubble-Universe .

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Near the end of this video,

Jac Schaeffer’s “more than two and a half ours” leaves me confused. So either:

Best and most optimistic interpretation, she’s referring to the average runtime of previous Marvel movies, then this would be just bad wording.

Or, WandaVision has been significantly shortened from its announced 6 hours runtime – that would be horrible .

Or, the showrunner doesn’t know the show’s runtime – that would be troubling.

Also Lizzie’s

“There are plenty of comic books that support why both of these characters should be in a sitcom.”

I cannot think of a single one . By no means I am against that, especially considering that apparently its gonna get darker over the course of its run.

People in the comments are wondering whether there will be laugh-tracks. I rather hope not so, as they would have to cease later on – which would be awkward, I think. Only way I can think of is if its “real” characters of the MCU who are laughing about how long it takes Wanda and Vision to figure out that they are trapped in a Bubble-Universe .
    I don't get sitcom from them in comics. Even from Vision and the Scarlet Witch. Maybe that's their interpretation of that book? It had some jokes, sure, but nothing too light.... I don't know, I'll wait and see before criticizing. And I hope that it hasn't been shortened. Because that's even less lore for Wanda. But I think they are talking about the show having more time to explore than the average movie.

She says "part of the game is [...]how do you spend things out over an entire series". It's quite obvious that she's just comparing it to a movie.

Extraordinary Member

I think she probably just equal depiction of everyday life to sitcom.
    As for the laugh track, I wouldn't mind if it can mark some kind of tone-shift. Like what if it's voiced by the same guy who will be the villain of the story.
    (Which immediately make me think of Mark Hamill since he voiced Chthon in Super Hero Squad.)
    Like Wanda and characters will feel the laugh tracks to some extent throughout the story, and when there come some big reveal, the laugh track gradually turns into some maniac and villainous laugh, and the characters fully feel the presence of whoever make that laughter. (The laugh-tracks are actually canon.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-28-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think she probably just equal depiction of everyday life to sitcom.
    As for the laugh track, I wouldn't mind if it can mark some kind of tone-shift. Like what if it's voiced by the same guy who will be the villain of the story.
    (Which immediately make me think of Mark Hamill since he voiced Chthon in Super Hero Squad.)
    Like Wanda and characters will feel the laugh tracks to some extent throughout the story, and when there come some big reveal, the laugh track gradually turns into some maniac and villainous laugh, and the characters fully feel the presence of whoever make that laughter. (The laugh-tracks are actually canon.)
    That’s an interesting idea.
    Or they could make a clear cut at one point in the series, where a sign is shown that reads “And then nobody laughed anymore”.

The sheer span of the array of things we have to worry about now is quite impressive, from it being essentially HoM to it having a laugh-track
    How about it being HoM, but with a laugh-track. That’s something I could get on board with

PS: I was not aware that Chthon was in Super Hero Squad. Which episode? (I watched nothing from the first season)

Extraordinary Member

That’s an interesting idea.
    Or they could make a clear cut at one point in the series, where a sign is shown that reads “And then nobody laughed anymore”.

The sheer span of the array of things we have to worry about now is quite impressive, from it being essentially HoM to it having a laugh-track
    How about it being HoM, but with a laugh-track. That’s something I could get on board with

PS: I was not aware that Chthon was in Super Hero Squad. Which episode? (I watched nothing from the first season)
    Season 1 Episode 24, he is kinda a sorry jobber there.

I can get with that.

"there's no such thing as chaos magic"
    hahahahaha

"put her down"
    hahahahaha *claps*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    I can get with that.

"there's no such thing as chaos magic"
    hahahahaha

"put her down"
    hahahahaha *claps*
    Randomly showing pages of Stephen using Chaos Magic to power up Catastrophe magic.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Season 1 Episode 24, he is kinda a sorry jobber there.
    I forgot about this. I'm gonna have to look up episodes and watch again.

They are still together. It's just they haven't been in a comic together since April. Because Doctor Voodoo is in Savage Avengers and Wanda has been mostly out of comics. Save for a few brief appearances in Doctor Strange.
    Wow. It's interesting to still see them together.

She hasn't been either for five years. They retconned it out in Axis. And then went into it further in Wanda's solo book.
    Now that Marvel has the rights to X-Men back we can potentially see her be Magneto's daughter again tbh.