Page 156 of 234 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    No one cares about the Sinon stuff..they care about the family reunion that created that silly witch story in her series.
    I am looking forward to her reunion with her true family in Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    iirc that was just a fantheory based on the rumor that he wanted to cast Saoirse Ronan (which was probably true but may not have been).

Yeah, my standards are pretty low at this point. It's weird that MCU Wanda is blowing up while comics Wanda is pretty much MIA.
    Yeah I pretty much had the same thoughts. It's concerning. What I wonder is why they put her on covers to sell those, but not in the actual pages of comics? They did it with Fearless Defenders, A-Force and now Fearless. Marvel #1000 just had one image, no dialog. It's so odd.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I am looking forward to her reunion with her true family in Avengers.
    I put them on ignore. They aren't here for anything more than stirring the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I pretty much had the same thoughts. It's concerning. What I wonder is why they put her on covers to sell those, but not in the actual pages of comics? They did it with Fearless Defenders, A-Force and now Fearless. Marvel #1000 just had one image, no dialog. It's so odd.
    Wanda Publicity of course

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Off topic but I really want to see the “charged attacks” of magic users like in No Surrender and how Stephen mumbling Vishanti's names.
    I like fast-paced fights but some super-charged final blow is my personal jam.
    I want more of her dance-like movement. Joss Whedon “invented” that, but apparently the Russo Brothers won’t have it. In the raw material taken by bystanders at the shooting in Edinburgh, one can even see Lizzie doing stuff like that, but none made it into the final cut. Just in that regards I am glad that the Russo’s take a break from the MCU.

At least I want more like, in Endgame right after the “Woman only” – scene ( ), she blasted a group of enemies from the distance, effectively acting like an artillery canon. The blast should be much more devastating, though.

Extraordinary Member

Welp, at least they still consider her some kind of draw for some readers.
    Wanda has **** luck with those all-female teams that is for sure.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I want more of her dance-like movement. Joss Whedon “invented” that, but apparently the Russo Brothers won’t have it. In the raw material taken by bystanders at the shooting in Edinburgh, one can even see Lizzie doing stuff like that, but none made it into the final cut. Just in that regards I am glad that the Russo’s take a break from the MCU.

At least I want more like, in Endgame right after the “Woman only” – scene ( ), she blasted a group of enemies from the distance, effectively acting like an artillery canon. The blast should be much more devastating, though.
    Yeah, that remind me of Wanda sometimes calling her power "Chaos Grenade".
    I just like some old-school magic chanting, though mumbling long sentences of jibberish might come off too awkward for live-action.
    It would certainly fit in an anime though.

I'm really split on this. On one hand, I'm glad they're not forcing a character down our throats for once just 'cuz movies. But as a Wanda fan, BOOO! Where is Wanda?!

I was a bit miffed that he'd changed her powers for the movies but the dance bit I liked. I had never considered that Wanda (and certain other characters) might have more fluid movement before that.

Well, she'll always have the Lady Liberators, even if the conclusion of that story is a little erm... outdated.

I just like some old-school magic chanting, though mumbling long sentences of jibberish might come off too awkward for live-action.
    I wouldn't mind some chanting for say really big attacks, as long as it isn't "Winds of Destiny Change!"

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

And we can call that when she punched Thanos – and even moreso his sword - away “Chaos Fist”.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I wouldn't mind some chanting for say really big attacks, as long as it isn't "Winds of Destiny Change!"
    Oh, yeah. Please… not… that… “cringe”.

Oh, yeah. Please… not… that… “cringe”.
    One of the reasons that I am happy to not revisit the 90s.

She's like Teflon to those teams.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    I'm really split on this. On one hand, I'm glad they're not forcing a character down our throats for once just 'cuz movies. But as a Wanda fan, BOOO! Where is Wanda?!
    I feel like Wanda missed what should have been her prime synergy period because of that stupid feud with Fox. She was simultaneously an MCU character and someone whose movie rights were partly controlled by Fox (even though Fox never used her). It led to her being left out of a lot of tie-in stuff and in general Vision was pushed harder in that period than she was, so he got to be part of the main Avengers lineup again and she didn't, I think, largely because he was a pure Disney-owned character and she wasn't.

Of course Wanda's luck as a character has not been all bad: she did get her own book in that period (but it was a low-budget book edited outside the Avengers office). She did figure prominently in the last Avengers weekly event although no one has seen or mentioned her since. Her luck is sort of middle-of-the-pack by current Marvel comics standards, where some characters often disappear for months while other characters get used in 300 different books. I wish they would take a hint from the MCU that people want to see her for more than a few seconds at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I feel like Wanda missed what should have been her prime synergy period because of that stupid feud with Fox. She was simultaneously an MCU character and someone whose movie rights were partly controlled by Fox (even though Fox never used her). It led to her being left out of a lot of tie-in stuff and in general Vision was pushed harder in that period than she was, so he got to be part of the main Avengers lineup again and she didn't, I think, largely because he was a pure Disney-owned character and she wasn't.

Of course Wanda's luck as a character has not been all bad: she did get her own book in that period (but it was a low-budget book edited outside the Avengers office). She did figure prominently in the last Avengers weekly event although no one has seen or mentioned her since. Her luck is sort of middle-of-the-pack by current Marvel comics standards, where some characters often disappear for months while other characters get used in 300 different books. I wish they would take a hint from the MCU that people want to see her for more than a few seconds at a time.
    Wanda's rights weren't even partially controlled though. Mags were. And she was retconned out of that almost immediately. Wanda's rights in movies were never negotiated for.

Fantastic Member

I liked what the Director, Matt Shakman said about Wanda and Vision. He views both characters sympathetically. It's such a contrast with the popular view among comics writers and YouTube that Wanda and Vision's relationship is "wrong" and "creepy" and "weird".

I do think the parallel world is what enables Vision to feel emotion. I think outside of it Vision is emotionless.

I think a big part of the narrative we are going to see is Chthon and Agatha both teaching Wanda how to use Chaos Magic. Chthon being the selfish, cruel father figure, manipulating for his own ends, Agatha being the honest, kind mother, seeking to empower Wanda to find her own destiny. Chthon's prophecy gives the title "WandaVision" one of its meanings. On one level its a battle of wits between Chthon and Agatha. Wanda learning about her magic and becoming a Witch is all about empowerment. In defying Chthon, and the destiny he wrote for her, Wanda truly becomes the Scarlet Witch. She wields dark magic for good. That makes her very like the Ancient One, who used dark magic to protect the world. I see Multiverse of Madness being about Stephen and Wanda becoming friends. I feel their relationship is going to get far more exploration than it has ever had in the comics. Strange being a man who shuts away his emotions ties into him not knowing what Chaos Magic is, and Wanda changing the way he views human emotions.

I can imagine Agatha saying "you'll fit in perfectly" and teleporting Darcy into Wandaworld lol.

I think WandaVision has a kind of Pan's Labyrinth aspect, where we see two parallel realities telling two connected stories. Chthon is operating within the Wanda-world, I think Eric Williams/Grim Reaper is one of the Darkholders (his jealousy and of his movie star brother Simon, perhaps Nathan Fillion in brief cameos throughout the series) whose mission is to seek ways to agitate and goad Wanda toward darker emotions, with Modred the Mystic or Morgan Le Fay being higher up in the scheme. I take the quote about Vision seeing the world as it is, as a hint that it is Vision who will have to persuade Wanda to "wake up" from her fantasy.

Chthon as a sort of evil Larry David makes me chuckle.
    Last edited by Relugus; 09-01-2019 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Added a couple of things