Page 162 of 234 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Kelly said that Wanda doesn’t appear in Captain Marvel 12.
    OK, this is just bizarre how she isn't appearing in anything (except covers). Maybe editorial really is holding her and Pietro back for a Magneto story? I don't get it, because I don't believe no writer would use her if she were available.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Kelly said that Wanda doesn’t appear in Captain Marvel 12.
    Well, just the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    OK, this is just bizarre how she isn't appearing in anything (except covers). Maybe editorial really is holding her and Pietro back for a Magneto story? I don't get it, because I don't believe no writer would use her if she were available.
    It's Wanda Publicity

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It's Wanda Publicity
    I want the kind of publicity where she's even inside a book. For any length of time and says more than, "oh, no." How do we get that, lol? Makes it even more weird that she's an MCU character. Just no big push.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Elizabeth Olsen for Who What Wear - Fall 2019.
    [url]https://twitter.com/EIizabethOIsen/status/1169660455377342465[/url

She has dark hair again. I hope she has that hair for WandaVision.

I remember it coming up whether Thompson liked Wanda when she didn't show up to support Carol among all of her other female friends in one issue. But it doesn't seem like - at least now - that she really dislikes her, just hasn't had a lot of opportunity to write her.

I wonder if they're waiting for the Wanda/Vision series to start promoting Wanda again.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I want the kind of publicity where she's even inside a book. For any length of time and says more than, "oh, no." How do we get that, lol? Makes it even more weird that she's an MCU character. Just no big push.
    Even in the MCU she was never promoted well, they all focused on Captain "Only she can defeat Thanos" Marvel

Even in the MCU she was never promoted well, they all focused on Captain "Only she can defeat Thanos" Marvel
    Although Wanda did get almost as good a showing against Thanos as Carol did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember it coming up whether Thompson liked Wanda when she didn't show up to support Carol among all of her other female friends in one issue. But it doesn't seem like - at least now - that she really dislikes her, just hasn't had a lot of opportunity to write her.

I wonder if they're waiting for the Wanda/Vision series to start promoting Wanda again.
    Which is what? 2 years away...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although Wanda did get almost as good a showing against Thanos as Carol did.
    She did better, she pretty much single-handedly defeated Thanos.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It's written from an in-universe perspective, and it isn't clear who's exactly. So you can just account for degrees of ignorance.
    Sorry, no, that’s not how it works. To be a *pretender*, you need to *pretend* something. To *pretend* something, that is something that you actively do. Which in Wanda’s case is something that was plain impossible at that time. She cannot pretend that she is a mutant instead a human when she thinks she actually *is* a mutant. Now, that’s basically just what CJStriker said, I, for better or worse, just wanted to say it with my own wording. One could say something cumbersome like “falsely assumed to be a mutant”. That would work. Ironically, if I remember correctly, in the “House of M” – reality she pretended that she is a Human. Maybe that’s what’s meant afterall.

Still, this is just a minor hiccup in a "statistic" that is at least technically correct.

That’s at least better than this new atrocious article here on CBR, that once again – even ignoring the very source it cites – claims that a million people died, by Wanda’s doing.

By the way, I had a closer look in the meantime, so it was Professor X, who said “No More”. I don’t think any writer does any character a favor by mimicking that scene. We some time ago had that with “Weapon Hex” (only erased a few villains, though). Is this becoming the new trend now?

I guess we have to wait and see if this has any meaning to what we understand as the 616 universe. If not, I don’t know what the point of the story is. Sure, nothing against a little side-story, but I thought this was supposed to be something huge, that’s gonna change the X-Men.

Which is what? 2 years away...
    Yeah I don't want Wanda out of comics again for years. That's insane.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

She did better, she pretty much single-handedly defeated Thanos.
    She even says so herself (as does Kevin Feige ):

https://www.news18.com/news/movies/e...e-2295653.html

The interview looks somewhat staged to me. Anyhow, Lizzie does it as funny as she can. I the last few seconds she sounds to me as if she is drunk

Edit: Oh, I hate when that happens – with “She”, I mean Lizzie, not Wanda
    Last edited by Probability010; 09-05-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Don't take the (click)bait.