Page 165 of 234 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    The "Scarlet" in Scarlet Witch fits with Chaos Magic perfectly IMHO.

I like the idea of her coming from a lost lineage of sorcerers who defied Agamotto's cover-up/purge of Chaos Magic.
    Personally I think it's kinda odd the White Magic Deities/Sorcerers are kinda just too chill about demon spawns/"heretical" magic users running around on Earth.
    There are religious fanatics who want to wipe out mutants, but the actual servants of a all-powerful good deity don't seem to have any kind of bias, bigotry among them.
    Heck, the Vishanti were busier being an ******* to Stephen than coming off as unfriendly to the darker part of magic user community.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-05-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah we've already seen people post that Wanda was ungrateful or wrong for not wanting to reconcile with Mags. Even though he's abusive and manipulative. People have this view of the family that just isn't present in comics.
    Indeed, but the same thing happens in the comics, remember when Crystal cheated on Pietro and everyone told Pietro and take Crystal back.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Still have to see anything actually come out of it other than her solo though.
    Personally I just want some actual development on her Chthon lore or her being back to Avengers.
    The problem is Wanda's solo removed Natalya at the end, so other than flashbacks we won't see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    The "Scarlet" in Scarlet Witch fits with Chaos Magic perfectly IMHO. I like her title having actual meaning.

I personally like the idea of her coming from a lost lineage of sorcerers who defied Agamotto's cover-up/purge of Chaos Magic.
    I'd like the lineage tied to Chthon more than her mother. Because that type of magic is forbidden by Romanipe, so it'd be very unlikely.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Indeed, but the same thing happens in the comics, remember when Crystal cheated on Pietro and everyone told Pietro and take Crystal back.
    People seem to love their toxic relationships and drama. Which isn't alien in comics. But it's not healthy for characters.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I suppose I should say there's a lot of potential there. The idea of the "Scarlet Witch" being a legacy rather than just a name Wanda uses because she likes to dress in red.
    Well, that's not exactly it. The first in-story use of "Scarlet Witch" was by an angry mob. I thought it was pretty interesting that she took a derogatory insult for her codename.

I'd like the lineage tied to Chthon more than her mother. Because that type of magic is forbidden by Romanipe, so it'd be very unlikely.
    Sadly that's nothing new in Marvel, look at Dr. Doom

Extraordinary Member

The problem is Wanda's solo removed Natalya at the end, so other than flashbacks we won't see her again.
    Yeah, she ends up just like the Waynes/Uncle Ben type, and not even has the same amount of impact I would say.
    Usually the villains or close allies that are still alive involved in a hero's origin are usually more useful, they can be around to play an active part in the story.
    Unless, it's one of those stories where the parents/mentor left some mysterious and powerful legacy of some kind which would lead to great power boost or other kind of major development for the hero.(Jor-El for Superman, Grisha Jaeger for Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan, etc.) But Natalya, aside from her unknown husband, doesn't really have that mystery to her. And honestly I don't think there is much to dig into.

Yeah, she ends up just like the Waynes/Uncle Ben type, and not even has the same amount of impact I would say.
    Usually the villains or close allies that are still alive involved in a hero's origin are usually more useful, they can be around to play an active part in the story.
    Unless, it's one of those stories where the parents/mentor left some mysterious and powerful legacy of some kind which would lead to great power boost or other kind of major development for the hero.(Jor-El for Superman, Grisha Jaeger for Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan, etc.) But Natalya, aside from her unknown husband, doesn't really have that mystery to her. And honestly I don't think there is much to dig into.
    Yeah, sadly no help from Ghost Mum for Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

I kinda prefer Wanda's magic just to be due to her being born at the wrong place and the wrong time. It's a random lottery, which fit the nature of her power set.
    Stephen is your "genius ousider" mage, and Wanda is that lucky/unlucky one with what can be called a bless or a curse.
    There are already some "heir to proud mage family/magic bloodline" types like Jennifer Kale. (Characters like Clea, Hellstrom would also count, though they are kinda just second-generation demon spawns than being from a long line of magic users.)

Speaking of Chthon and Wanda's Lieage, why was Wanda chosen and not Pietro, or why not both twins, especially as Chthon can possess Pietro and use his powers

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of Chthon and Wanda's Lieage, why was Wanda chosen and not Pietro, or why not both twins, especially as Chthon can possess Pietro and use his powers
    Well, it's never specified so I will just use random guesses.(My personal take and headcanons and... stuff.)
    1. It's probably an investment that cost him greatly, which is why I assume it's a soul shard of himself, something very personal even for an Elder God.
    If your regular sorcerers are just working staff for certain deities, Wanda would be a major shareholder to whatever power Chthon is controlling.
    2. Limited opportunities, Chthon was only able to manifest with enough influence that one time, might as well focus on one than creating two potentially half-assed vessels.
    3. Wanda's base power is considered more suitable, then again Pietro/Chthon were like super effective in Slott's Mighty Avengers.
    4. Two vessels leave one uncontrolled if he was to return to Earth through possession, there will be this situation where there is always one opposing him with his own power. This point might stand if it's the actual Wanda who fought Chthon/Pietro.
    I think Mighty Avengers' handling of Chthon/Pietro are kinda off since it kinda negate the point of Chthon marking Wanda.
    If he can just possess anyone and make very good use of their own power combined with his own, why bother going through the trouble?(It also doesn't help Pietro/Chthon seem to be more effective than Wanda/Chthon back in NoW.)

Well, it's never specified so I will just use random guesses.(My personal take and headcanons and... stuff.)
    1. It's probably an investment that cost him greatly, which is why I assume it's a soul shard of himself, something very personal even for an Elder God.
    If your regular sorcerers are just working staff for certain deities, Wanda would be a major shareholder to whatever power Chthon is controlling.
    2. Limited opportunities, Chthon was only able to manifest with enough influence that one time, might as well focus on one than creating two potentially half-assed vessels.
    3. Wanda's base power is considered more suitable, then again Pietro/Chthon were like super effective in Slott's Mighty Avengers.
    4. Two vessels leave one uncontrolled if he was to return to Earth through possession, there will be this situation where there is always one opposing him with his own power. This point might stand if it's the actual Wanda who fought Chthon/Pietro.
    I think Mighty Avengers' handling of Chthon/Pietro are kinda off since it kinda negate the point of Chthon marking Wanda.
    If he can just possess anyone and make very good use of their own power combined with his own, why bother going through the trouble?(It also doesn't help Pietro/Chthon seem to be more effective than Wanda/Chthon back in NoW.)
    All valid points.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    Well, that's not exactly it. The first in-story use of "Scarlet Witch" was by an angry mob. I thought it was pretty interesting that she took a derogatory insult for her codename.
    The mob said she was a Scarlet Witch, meaning that there was more than one. The villagers perhaps encountered Natalya Maximoff in the past, and thought Wanda was her.

EDVzRSjVAAEHIep.jpg

Angie Griffin cosplayed Scarlet Witch and a Playboy bunny. Do you think Wanda's classic costume in based on a Playboy bunny?