Page 185 of 234 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Hickman had zero interest in the "classic" Avengers, who were mostly pushed to side books like Uncanny Avengers and Avengers A.I. Sadly some of them, like Wanda and Jan, still have never made it back to the main team.
    I just don't get them not wanting them back on the main team. Especially Jan who named the team...
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I just don't get them not wanting them back on the main team. Especially Jan who named the team...
    I think the classic characters are widely seen as being too much of a throwback to the old days, like the mansion.

Even though Uncanny Avengers was not a satisfying book it was basically the traditionalist Avengers book, operating out of the mansion and with characters like Wanda, Jan and Simon. But every time they revamp the main book it's always to fill it with more stars of their own books, never to restore a classic-style lineup.

I think the classic characters are widely seen as being too much of a throwback to the old days, like the mansion.

Even though Uncanny Avengers was not a satisfying book it was basically the traditionalist Avengers book, operating out of the mansion and with characters like Wanda, Jan and Simon. But every time they revamp the main book it's always to fill it with more stars of their own books, never to restore a classic-style lineup.
    Maybe but most of the Avengers books include most of the other classic Avengers. Even from the first team. So it probably comes down to them just not wanting to write those two. And it'd be interesting to know why. They made the books fun. And I think the newer Avengers books feel very sterile. Too many of the same personality types. It's kind of unfun.

I like the classic teams with Wanda, Pietro, Simon, Jan (and yes, Hank too!), BP, Cap, Mantis, BW, and many, many more.

Maybe but most of the Avengers books include most of the other classic Avengers. Even from the first team. So it probably comes down to them just not wanting to write those two. And it'd be interesting to know why. They made the books fun. And I think the newer Avengers books feel very sterile. Too many of the same personality types. It's kind of unfun.
    The MCU seems to have some sway over the team. Marvel seem to want the big three (no surprise) and would favour Carol and Black Widow over Jan and Wanda

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Sorry, didn't see Leokeoron's post. Posted the same thing. So I agree! Hickman had three years, never used her. Avengers were her team for 50+ years, so if he didn't use her then, he might just not have any interest in writing her.
    That's a shame because I thoroughly enjoyed how he had written her in A vs X (#6?).

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    That's a shame because I thoroughly enjoyed how he had written her in A vs X (#6?).
    Was it explicitly mentioned the he wrote her in the issue?
    Or you mean the extension to the brief fight she had with Hope Summers (in the main event) ?
    There was some mini that showed extended versions of the fights, some where more of a parody.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, AvX was plotted by five of Marvel's star writers and they took turns scripting the individual issues. Hickman wrote #6, where Wanda finally shows up. Though she didn't have much to say in that issue. The Coipel art looked beautiful though. The worst thing about her prolonged absences from comics is that artists love to draw her and so rarely get the chance.

Yes, AvX was plotted by five of Marvel's star writers and they took turns scripting the individual issues. Hickman wrote #6, where Wanda finally shows up. Though she didn't have much to say in that issue. The Coipel art looked beautiful though. The worst thing about her prolonged absences from comics is that artists love to draw her and so rarely get the chance.
    I have kind of noticed that. Artists do tend to draw her very well .

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    There was a list of humans who committed “crimes” against the mutants. Her name was listed there, they even nicknamed her “the pretender”

Edited: don’t know what’s wrong with the quality of the pic
    At the end of AVX, didn't she help Hope use the Phoenix Force to repopulate the world with mutants?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    At the end of AVX, didn't she help Hope use the Phoenix Force to repopulate the world with mutants?
    Hello Force de Phenix, Welcome to Wanda's Thread!

Indeed she and Hope did, they help to get the mutant gen back going like she promised in Children's Crusade. Also combine that with the Unity team story in trying to help and fight for mutants as well, anyone that knows even just allitle about Wanda and that is why many fans found it highly controversial and outright wrong to included her in a list with the likes of Sentinel Creators and Purifiers.

I really felt it was just something that the book had to make note of cause of the history, but they could have gone about it in a far better and more respectful way to Wanda's character.

I still HIGHLY Recommend House of X and Powers of 10 to any fan! Outside of that little disappointing part, it is an amazing story, one of the best I have read in so Long and I am collecting as well!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hello Force de Phenix, Welcome to Wanda's Thread!

Indeed she and Hope did, they help to get the mutant gen back going like she promised in Children's Crusade. Also combine that with the Unity team story in trying to help and fight for mutants as well, anyone that knows even just allitle about Wanda and that is why many fans found it highly controversial and outright wrong to included her in a list with the likes of Sentinel Creators and Purifiers.

I really felt it was just something that the book had to make note of cause of the history, but they could have gone about it in a far better and more respectful way to Wanda's character.

I still HIGHLY Recommend House of X and Powers of 10 to any fan! Outside of that little disappointing part, it is an amazing story, one of the best I have read in so Long and I am collecting as well!
    I don't get how that tidbit gets ignored, but it has unfortunately. I wonder if they would view her differently if she were still a mutant.

No because she was a mutant up until five years ago, and it took over a decade for the hate for her to even die down just a bit.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I don't get how that tidbit gets ignored, but it has unfortunately. I wonder if they would view her differently if she were still a mutant.
    No because she was a mutant up until five years ago, and it took over a decade for the hate for her to even die down just a bit.
    Being a Mutant or Not really did not change certain fans minds in liking Wanda anymore.

But what I think NEEDS to GREATLY be put into perspective is that if we are talking about the groups of Fan Hate for her over those House of M events, well I was around the times of CBR back in 2012-2014 and I am sure many others as well here where then too and Honestly then it was Red Hot on CBR and it seems their where Red hot debates all the time about her.

Being a Wanda fan in those days was hard and their where only a handful of us truly loyal to her, but since those days their has been things have changed allot for Wanda and much of it for the positive. Yea you go read from certain fans those that have not yet let go of House of M and M-Day but they are much fewer in size then ever. Also since her MCU creation and Miss Olsen the LOVE for Wanda on the Net has SKYROCKETED to Levels I Never Ever Dreamed of!!!

Especially after Endgame Wanda has been posted as a #1 favorite among many fans on places like You Tube and Many cheers for her in her fight with Thanos alone. She is RED HOT Now again, but it is now based on Love and Respect more then ever. Even when fans seem to mention House of M I have seen it more in a respectful way cause of the power she shows, even thought that can be debatable, it still shows a 180 compared to years ago.

So the Days of Wanda being in the less areas of Love has greatly switched around and honest I would not worry much for a few fans might say negatively about her cause of how far and positive she has come in recent years and she has gained so many fans in Comic Book and General Public circles.

Finally everywhere I go fans have nothing to say but Love and Positives for Wanda and whenever I mention Dissembles or House of M they Blame Bendis and Marvel for that debacle and feel bad for Wanda over it.

Wanda has a Tons of love Now, It is truly heartwarming to see how far her character has come!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Being a Mutant or Not really did not change certain fans minds in liking Wanda anymore.

But what I think NEEDS to GREATLY be put into perspective is that if we are talking about the groups of Fan Hate for her over those House of M events, well I was around the times of CBR back in 2012-2014 and I am sure many others as well here where then too and Honestly then it was Red Hot on CBR and it seems their where Red hot debates all the time about her.

Being a Wanda fan in those days was hard and their where only a handful of us truly loyal to her, but since those days their has been things have changed allot for Wanda and much of it for the positive. Yea you go read from certain fans those that have not yet let go of House of M and M-Day but they are much fewer in size then ever. Also since her MCU creation and Miss Olsen the LOVE for Wanda on the Net has SKYROCKETED to Levels I Never Ever Dreamed of!!!

Especially after Endgame Wanda has been posted as a #1 favorite among many fans on places like You Tube and Many cheers for her in her fight with Thanos alone. She is RED HOT Now again, but it is now based on Love and Respect more then ever. Even when fans seem to mention House of M I have seen it more in a respectful way cause of the power she shows, even thought that can be debatable, it still shows a 180 compared to years ago.

So the Days of Wanda being in the less areas of Love has greatly switched around and honest I would not worry much for a few fans might say negatively about her cause of how far and positive she has come in recent years and she has gained so many fans in Comic Book and General Public circles.

Finally everywhere I go fans have nothing to say but Love and Positives for Wanda and whenever I mention Dissembles or House of M they Blame Bendis and Marvel for that debacle and feel bad for Wanda over it.

Wanda has a Tons of love Now, It is truly heartwarming to see how far her character has come!

I think it's moreso a worry that there is a writer stigma, because every writer seems to have been at one point a fan. They might have some notion against the character. It's a possibility.