Page 19 of 234 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    This story could end with Vision evolving into a different form, one that is more human than his current form. Wanda and Vision could then fall in love again.
    If he evolves would he still be the Vision...

I like the relationship with Voodoo so far, and want to see it go somewhere. Wanda and Vision were together for 14 years real life time. I'm not sure where else they could go with that relationship.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Elizabeth Olsen, Scarlet Witch in the movies, turns 30 today.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I like the relationship with Voodoo so far, and want to see it go somewhere. Wanda and Vision were together for 14 years real life time. I'm not sure where else they could go with that relationship.
    I don’t think they could go anywhere with Vision as an android, but if Vision evolved into a biological form then their relationship could restart.

I don’t think they could go anywhere with Vision as an android, but if Vision evolved into a biological form then their relationship could restart.
    He'd still be himself though, and they already went through the good, the bad and the ugly of it all. It'd feel like I was paying to read what I already read before. And could go back easily and read again.

Extraordinary Member

Brevoort has said now and then that he doesn't think Wanda and Vision should get together again, and they never have been an official couple again since he's been running the Avengers comics (which is now over 20 years!). This may explain why he and Rick Remender started pushing her back with Wonder Man the second she was in an ongoing again, and why almost the first thing that happened once she was back in Uncanny Avengers was to give her the relationship with Voodoo.

Of course even though they haven't been together in 30 years, and have been apart for far longer than they were together, they will always be defined by their relationship to each other. That's part of what Vision's series was about, that both he and Wanda are sort of prisoners of their own history and every "new" story they do turns out to be connected to the "old" story of their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Brevoort has said now and then that he doesn't think Wanda and Vision should get together again, and they never have been an official couple again since he's been running the Avengers comics (which is now over 20 years!). This may explain why he and Rick Remender started pushing her back with Wonder Man the second she was in an ongoing again, and why almost the first thing that happened once she was back in Uncanny Avengers was to give her the relationship with Voodoo.

Of course even though they haven't been together in 30 years, and have been apart for far longer than they were together, they will always be defined by their relationship to each other. That's part of what Vision's series was about, that both he and Wanda are sort of prisoners of their own history and every "new" story they do turns out to be connected to the "old" story of their relationship.
    I don't like the Wonder Man thing either. I just want her to move on to new things. Been there, done that.

I think the relationship is more important to Vision's narrative than Wanda's. She was in his solo, he wasn't in her's. He needed her to convince himself that he is more human. Which is likely why he used her brainwaves for his latest wife, and then created more kids. He keeps trying with the family thing and having kids to prove something to himself. He might need therapy.

Also, the level of baggage is exactly why I want her to be able to move on. Both characters need to pave their own way and not be like conjoined twins. I feel the same about Pietro too.

But on the other hand, what they could do for the ones that ship it is make a book based on the Disney+ show.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-16-2019 at 12:45 AM.

As much as I love Wanda and Vision, it is hard to see them really getting back together without it seemed forced. I would love to see a Renew Your Views style book

The Avengers: No Road Home poster can be bought here:
    https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/...e+By+M_1802680

Last edited by leokearon; 02-17-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Last edited by leokearon; 02-17-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    In "Crusade" she still had the power of the Life Force (whatever that was) when she changed her costume, so it wasn't necessarily under her own power. Same with her teleporting the gang to Latveria. She didn't do much magic after she lost that power-up so it's hard to know what that series thought her real power level was supposed to be.

Of course her old power level was very limited and didn't include things that other magicians can do easily like teleportation, transformation and levitation, so it was kind of inevitable that she would gain these powers on her own, because it doesn't seem right that she shouldn't be able to do these things while someone like Wiccan can do them easily.
    Yeah, right, it was never explained what the loss of the “Live-Force” meant for her. She could still levitate afterwards, and in AvX she teleported herself, some Avengers and Hope Summers out of the X-Men Base/City “Utopia”. When in Children’s Crusade she put both the X-Men and the Avengers into subconsciousness – I wonder if she could still do *that* anytime she wants. It appears Wanda is generally assumed more powerful after HoM. Yet that seems to be more a real world issue – psychological effect on the writers - than there is an in-universe explanation.

The Avengers: No Road Home poster can be bought here:
    https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/...e+By+M_1802680
    Now that’s one announcement I have been looking for – thanks for sharing the link .

The Figures with Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Magneto are out – under the theme “Family Matters” :

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...fair-releases/

Also of course: Happy Birthday Elizabeth Olsen. Here is an Article dedicated to just that:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...-infinity-war/

@leokearon, I’m afraid the images in your posts are broken.

Edit: Ok, fixed now.
    Last edited by Probability010; 02-17-2019 at 01:12 PM.

I want to get that set, but I think I'll wait to pre-order it closer to release. Last year I pre-ordered something months ahead, forgot about it, until it posted to my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Yeah, right, it was never explained what the loss of the “Live-Force” meant for her. She could still levitate afterwards, and in AvX she teleported herself, some Avengers and Hope Summers out of the X-Men Base/City “Utopia”. When in Children’s Crusade she put both the X-Men and the Avengers into subconsciousness – I wonder if she could still do *that* anytime she wants. It appears Wanda is generally assumed more powerful after HoM. Yet that seems to be more a real world issue – psychological effect on the writers - than there is an in-universe explanation.

The Figures with Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Magneto are out – under the theme “Family Matters” :

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...fair-releases/

Also of course: Happy Birthday Elizabeth Olsen. Here is an Article dedicated to just that:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...-infinity-war/

@leokearon, I’m afraid the images in your posts are broken.
    Images have been fixed

As for Wanda losing the Life Force, it just meant she could No More anything anymore or fix M-Day and largely reset her powers to a near pre-Disassembled state.