Page 197 of 234 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I detest when Wanda gets reduced to a simple spellcaster
    She is if you forget most of her lore associated with how she even got her powers. She isn't a simple spellcaster. She holds a fraction of the power of an elder god.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I personally like the Chthonic stuff better than the mutant stuff. Mutant isn't needed when her best powers were given to her by another source. She's had more to do with the magic stuff than mutant anyway.
    No, the cool thing about Wanda was how she walked the line between science and magic.....too bad it's slowly getting erased
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

No, the cool thing about Wanda was how she walked the line between science and magic.....too bad it's slowly getting erased
    Not really because they didn't do much with her mutant ties. She took on magic in the 70s and they seemed to not really look back from there. She got her Lovecraftian background, learned magic from Agatha, got the Nexus being thing. It made the mutant stuff irrelevant, long before the retcon five years ago.

She never really did walk the line between science and magic. She was a mutant, yes, but that's where the science part begins and ends. If she was to truly walk the line between science and amgic, she should have been a scientist.

Default Wanda appears in this week's Doctor Strange Annual #1

Did anyone check out Wanda's appearance in Doctor Strange Annual #1 this week? She appears with spoilers:
    Talisman, Agatha Harkness, and Jericho Drumm. I really enjoyed it. Especially when Wanda, Talisman and Agatha "triangulate" to stand against three furies.
    end of spoilers

yes really....

wanda.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

yes really....

wanda.jpg
    I have always been partial to Wanda's Hex Power.

In addition, I do like some magical might as well as Arcane studies for Wanda.

yes really....

wanda.jpg
    One mention in a retelling that was very bad does not equal 44 years of magic, gods, etc.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I mean Genetically Based SuperPower isn't really more “scientific” than martial arts.
    Is Cap considered a Tech/Science person? Being a character of scientist/Tech and a product of science/tech is different.
    Say, Doom is one character whose scientific and mystical Knowledge both played into the character building. But is it really the case for Wanda?

Extraordinary Member

yes really....

wanda.jpg
    Mystical Arcana really just add more Set elements to Wanda than Mutant parts really.
    They never really explained why her “scientific ties” are important. It's more or less just treated as a ticket into Mystical World for Wanda.
    And really Chthon in his limited appearance never really shows that much interest in science anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Mystical Arcana really just add more Set elements to Wanda than Mutant parts really.
    They never really explained why her “scientific ties” are important. It's more or less just treated as a ticket into Mystical World for Wanda.
    And really Chthon in his limited appearance never really shows that much interest in science anyway.
    Yeah, Wanda's science ties were never really explained on why they were so important. Also using a child from a long line of magical users would make sense

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, Wanda's science ties were never really explained on why they were so important. Also using a child from a long line of magical users would make sense
    That being said, her Chthonic ties aren't emphasized story-wise that much as well.
    It came up when Wanda needs a power boost for the other story.
    Hopefully Wanda can get some more direct interactions with Chthon one day, and maybe add more layers to this relationship.
    Even if they went for the cliche portrayal for deities/demons, there are plenty of models to choose from.(Though Chthon's limited appearance makes him either a sorry jobber or a mindless monster.)
    One of my headcanon would be Chthon is one Elder God who is obssesed with origins, which is reflected on his obssesion for Earth, his birthplace, and even Billy being the Demiurge could play into that.(I mean he should be interested how this power manifested in Billy, if it's not some result of his own actions.) An Omega being who wanted to know the Alpha.(As opposed to Gaea who is more about evolution and future, Oshtur who is more about maintaining order and balance at the present.)

That being said, her Chthonic ties aren't emphasized story-wise that much as well.
    Hopefully Wanda can get some more direct interactions with Chthon one day, and maybe add more layers to this relationship.
    Even if they went for the cliche portrayal for deities/demons, there are plenty of models to choose from.(Though Chthon's limited appearance makes him either a sorry jobber or a mindless monster.)
    One of my headcanon would be Chthon is one Elder God who is obssesed with origins, which is reflected on his obssesion for Earth, his birthplace, and even Billy being the Demiurge could play into that.(I mean he should be interested how this power manifested in Billy, if it's not some result of his own actions.) An Omega being who wanted to know the Alpha.(As opposed to Gaea who is more about evolution and future, Oshtur who is more about maintaining order and balance at the present.)
    When you think about it very little of Wanda's ties are really used these day.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    When you think about it very little of Wanda's ties are really used these day.
    Same with her relationships to other characters. I wonder if they see her as a character anymore or just a device.

It is at least there more than science. Which is some hand wave. I do want to see it developed more too, since it is the source of her abilities.