Page 199 of 234 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3507
    Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormantic View Post
    Did anyone check out Wanda's appearance in Doctor Strange Annual #1 this week? She appears with spoilers:
    Talisman, Agatha Harkness, and Jericho Drumm. I really enjoyed it. Especially when Wanda, Talisman and Agatha "triangulate" to stand against three furies.
    end of spoilers
    Some here talked about it a while ago, but its good to point that out, as its easy to overlook that an annual came out. At least I almost overlooked it when it came out. I dare to write without spoiler tags, as it’s a while now and nothing significant happened anyway:

I wish Wanda would have been more involved in actual dialogue. I mean it’s a bit weird how much she says and how little of that is part of longer dialogues. Anyway, these are more words than she said in the last few months in all of MARVEL comics combined .

I’m a bit annoyed that the word “madness” was sneaked into Wanda’s “circle oath”. The “Reality-Blocks” I don’t mind. They have been used occasionally in the recent years, and I just assume that something as big as the connection to the life-force never fully goes away.

I am aware that this is Doctor Strange’s run, but I wish she would have been a bit more in the foreground with her spells. Especially in the fights to me it’s not fully clear what she is doing and to what effect.

I am a bit sceptic to Wanda “protecting” Zelma from Doctor Strange’s criticism, looks to me like a “the girls need to stick together” - scene, as I find Strange’s anger not unreasonable, because Zelma is not a novice. But maybe I am just reading into it to much. Plus, I like Wanda being shown as caring. Also it was completely harmless compared to Wanda’s “Lady Liberators”.

Looks like I have a lot to complain here, but these are just minor bits, while I very much enjoyed seeing Wanda with her magic colleagues again. Also I found the issue in general to be a fun one.

I believe this is Agatha Harkness first “major” appearance – relatively speaking – since the “Robinson” Scarlet Witch series.

When Wanda references to Agatha being “very helpful” with her children I wonder if she was sarcastic and meant her erasing the memory of them after they disappeared (or at least tried to do so, as Wanda very much remembered them in the following years, until in 2005 a certain writer came along …).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Some here talked about it a while ago, but its good to point that out, as its easy to overlook that an annual came out. At least I almost overlooked it when it came out. I dare to write without spoiler tags, as itÂ’s a while now and nothing significant happened anyway:

I wish Wanda would have been more involved in actual dialogue. I mean itÂ’s a bit weird how much she says and how little of that is part of longer dialogues. Anyway, these are more words than she said in the last few months in all of MARVEL comics combined .

I’m a bit annoyed that the word “madness” was sneaked into Wanda’s “circle oath”. The “Reality-Blocks” I don’t mind. They have been used occasionally in the recent years, and I just assume that something as big as the connection to the life-force never fully goes away.

I am aware that this is Doctor StrangeÂ’s run, but I wish she would have been a bit more in the foreground with her spells. Especially in the fights to me itÂ’s not fully clear what she is doing and to what effect.

I am a bit sceptic to Wanda “protecting” Zelma from Doctor Strange’s criticism, looks to me like a “the girls need to stick together” - scene, as I find Strange’s anger not unreasonable, because Zelma is not a novice. But maybe I am just reading into it to much. Plus, I like Wanda being shown as caring. Also it was completely harmless compared to Wanda’s “Lady Liberators”.

Looks like I have a lot to complain here, but these are just minor bits, while I very much enjoyed seeing Wanda with her magic colleagues again. Also I found the issue in general to be a fun one.

I believe this is Agatha Harkness first “major” appearance – relatively speaking – since the “Robinson” Scarlet Witch series.

When Wanda references to Agatha being “very helpful” with her children I wonder if she was sarcastic and meant her erasing the memory of them after they disappeared (or at least tried to do so, as Wanda very much remembered them in the following years, until in 2005 a certain writer came along …).
    It's good to see Agatha again. She's such a fascinating and fun character.

As has been said, the tendency of writers to use Agatha as a Donald Exposition, combined with the long conga line of retcons, has had the unfortunate effect of making Agatha look like she has more faces than Big Ben.
    I wish writers would focus more on Agatha's role as mentor and mother figure, and her long history as a Witch.

Chthon created Witches, yet the history of their relationship with him (and how Wanda's dynamic with him is a sort of embodiment of that history), which of course Agatha surely knows a great deal about, has not even been touched upon.

There's so much rich lore to delve into, and it just so often gets ignored.

Extraordinary Member

Probably just an irrelevant post, but here is a Streamer cosplaying as Wanda in a Dark Souls 3 playthrough.
    It's just nice to your favorite stuff randomly popping up in a otherwise irrelevant gamer channel.(I don't know if Youtube recommended this to me because I play Dark Souls or I watched SW videos. Probably the former.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Probably just an irrelevant post, but here is a Streamer cosplaying as Wanda in a Dark Souls 3 playthrough.
    It's just nice to your favorite stuff randomly popping up in a otherwise irrelevant gamer channel.(I don't know if Youtube recommended this to me because I play Dark Souls or I watched SW videos. Probably the former.)
    Oh, yeah, I also love something with Wanda appearing where I didn’t expect it

BANNED

i watched her sekiro and spider-man playthroughs

she's great, her vlogs about her chronic pain illness and how manages it and her mental health were touching

Fantastic Member

Cool

Scarlet Twitch.

WandaVision is supposed to start filming this week.

Did you buy this alternate cover for Avengers #25?
    clean (1).jpg

Too bad she wasn't in the issue.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 11-05-2019 at 09:50 AM.

I think filming might have started already. Lizzie ended this interview precisely on time:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/eliz...cTw5B92TrV5kcO

Because she needed to film... something

She ones mentioned a British production, but unless that is a very minor role, I doubt she could squeeze that in between “Sorry for your loss” and “WandaVision”.

Imagine how tired we are

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    WandaVision is supposed to start filming this week.

Did you buy this alternate cover for Avengers #25?
    clean (1).jpg

Too bad she wasn't in the issue.
    Love, love, love this cover!!!

Classic Wanda look, with black hair and old-school Hex Power look (only brighter)!

Now I think this is hilarious again, in this article:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-x-mens-n...und-1839480809

It says:

“Some of the greatest heroes of the Marvelverse and some of its most dangerous villains, from the Scarlet Witch to Apocalypse himself, have dedicated their lives to safeguarding, understanding, and wielding its most potent secrets.”

Uhm… there is just one problem… as far as I can tell, Wanda isn’t even there! That Woman in red “Apocalypse” is hanging out with, that’s “Trinary”.

Now, there is a picture with a Woman that has a tiara, who I can’t Identify. And that picture is even in this article. But while the reddish-brown hair doesn’t seem to fit, the green dress and the particular shape of that tiara makes me very much think that’s Lorna. This woman also greets Psylocke like someone she knows well, which would make a lot more sense for Lorna than it would make for Wanda. Furthermore, Wanda wouldn’t even be able to go through the portals that lead to Krakoa, as she is assumed not to be a mutant. Actually, Kitty Pride just failed to go through, as somehow she doesn’t count as mutant now.

That’s just another thing that gives someone to think of: They won’t even let an “ordinary Human” in, not matter whether his/hers intentions are friendly.

With the mindset the mutants are in right now, they would probably put Wanda on trial for “pretending to be a mutant”, even though she never knowingly and actively did so. That fits very well to how narrow-minded the mutants are these days, they now stand *for* everything they are supposed to stand against.

I am just glad that Wanda is not part of this.

Note: On second thought, this article might never claimed that Wanda is “working” in Krakoa, but just generally referred to her protecting magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Imagine how tired we are
    Yeah I hate these. It's all bs. But CBR doesn't know the difference between her and Loki, so I'm not surprised.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I hate these. It's all bs. But CBR doesn't know the difference between her and Loki, so I'm not surprised.
    The title alone makes me not want to watch it, so I won't

Astonishing Member

Disney is coming out with a Scarlet Witch/Vision sitcom. Sounds interesting. I wonder if the 616 characters will reunite.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Disney is coming out with a Scarlet Witch/Vision sitcom. Sounds interesting. I wonder if the 616 characters will reunite.
    Unlikely, sadly there is too much emotional and continuity baggage between them now. Also Wanda is currently dating Brother Voodoo, though that is being badly handled.