Page 28 of 234 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    From a quick googling, no, no Wanda or anything, seems like they just randomly used the name.
    Eh, that's weird. I got excited for a second 'cause I thought Wanda was finally coming to the animation... although on a second thought, HOM doesn't really make sense as a debut story for her.

Variant covers for No Road Home, #6 by Phil Noto, #8 by Matteo Scalera, #2 by Mico Suayan.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Regarding The last “No Road Home” Issue ( #4 ):

spoilers:

I really liked Wanda’s “surprise” moment. It was the closest thing she had to a success so far, only negated by Nyx’s arrival. And even that was sort of a success, I think: She forced the main villain to come out, do the things her minions were supposed to do. Even if it’s not outright a victory, that way the Avengers learn about the main enemy. Also I wonder if Nyx herself will soon lift this “vision redirection”, as Wanda more and more counterbalances the tactical advantage she gets from it. Nevertheless, I think Wanda is still a far cry from having a meaningful impact in this event, I am hoping for more. The Synopsis of the next issue is I think the first one that mentions Wanda, and after that it’s her crossover with Conan. Have to say the entrance of Hawkeye, Rocket Raccoon and the Hulk was glorious! This event makes me excited about what happens next, something I couldn’t say about “No Surrender”.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    From a quick googling, no, no Wanda or anything, seems like they just randomly used the name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Eh, that's weird. I got excited for a second 'cause I thought Wanda was finally coming to the animation... although on a second thought, HOM doesn't really make sense as a debut story for her.
    Yeah, it was just a nod to the title. It was probably just referring to Madame Masque who was the main villain the episode.

Avengers: No Road Home #6 cover
    D1JJbbDWsAAu20V.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Jim Cheung draws a great Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Variant covers for No Road Home, #6 by Phil Noto, #8 by Matteo Scalera, #2 by Mico Suayan.
    Can we now again talk about Wanda's ever-changing eye color? No?
    Seriously though, I think that is story-relevant, something probably cures her blindness and give her a new sight?
    Also Herc's face is kinda hilarious.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-09-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Avengers: No Road Home #6 cover
    D1JJbbDWsAAu20V.jpg
    Now another fun version of Wanda's look, Wada headdress plus classic pink nylon and gloves.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well,probably for the best, the animation is not that good anyway, and House of M is...well, House of M.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Jim Cheung draws a great Wanda.
    So great that it looks like he's drawing her in her classic costume .

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Can we now again talk about Wanda's ever-changing eye color? No?
    Seriously though, I think that is story-relevant, something probably cures her blindness and give her a new sight?
    Also Herc's face is kinda hilarious.
    Given her eyes are glowing, maybe she's using magic to help her see. Alos Herc looks a bit drunk, or he smells something really bad

BANNED

Talking Happy 55th Anniversary 616 Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch 1964-2019

Uncanny X-Men #4 Mar 1964
    "The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants!"
    The X-Men are in the middle of their latest training session. Marvel Girl is given the task of lifting a lid from a box using her telekinetic powers.
    Once it is opened she finds a birthday cake stashed inside. Professor Xavier explains that it has
    been one year since classes first started at the school, and he felt that the date should be celebrated.

Meanwhile four other mutants (Toad, Mastermind, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch) are seen having dinner.
    Mastermind tries to impress the Scarlet Witch, but she is not interested in him. Mastermind threatens her but Quicksilver intervenes to protect his sister.
    Magneto is elsewhere, seen stealing a freighter and returning it to his secret headquarters somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean.
    When Magneto returns, Toad informs him that Quicksilver and Mastermind were fighting.

Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch tell Magneto that they do not want to be members of his group anymore,
    but Magneto informs them that they are forever in his debt. The group has a flashback to a town in Europe where
    Magneto saves the Scarlet Witch from an angry mob that wants to kill her for burning down a barn with her mutant powers.

Magneto and his Brotherhood of Evil Mutants use the stolen freighter to attack the small nation of Santo Marco in South America.
    Professor Xavier learns of the attack and contacts Magneto on the astral plane using his telepathic powers.
    Professor Xavier and Magneto dispute their different views on mutant and human relations;
    Professor Xavier believes that they should coexist with one another, while Magneto believes that homo-superior should rule the world.
    Mastermind creates an imaginary army to frighten Santo Marco's populace so the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants can easily take over the country.

Professor Xavier and the X-Men travel to Santo Marco using the story of an American professor and his students on a goodwill mission.
    Once they are in the country, the X-Men change into their costumes and attack the Brotherhood.
    Mastermind tries to scare the X-Men away by creating an illusion of a fire wall in the X-Men's path.
    Professor Xavier realizes that the fire is not real, so he enters it to show his students that there is nothing to fear.

The X-Men devise a plan to attack the Brotherhood, but do not realize that the palace door has been booby trapped with a bomb.
    Just before Beast opens the door, Professor Xavier senses the danger and hurls himself in front of the X-Men to protect them.
    The Brotherhood escape from the palace, but not before Quicksilver disarms a second bomb intended to destroy the entire nation along with the X-Men.
    Professor Xavier regains consciousness only to learn that his telepathic powers were damaged by the explosion.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Paul Reinman.

Last edited by juan678; 03-10-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I guess Wanda will try to teach Monica how to use that specific spell, and Monica somehow fills Wanda's sight with light as some unexpected effects?
    Her eyes are still dark in those Conan covers, I guess Monica is not successful at first.

Wanda is going to get Monica to trace the Sigils for her. Which probably means that either the spell breaks Wanda's connection to Nyx but she is still blind or something goes wrong and this is how Wanda meets Conan