Page 46 of 192 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 2868
  1. #676
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That's fair. I personally find her more like her comics counterpart than other versions of Wanda in other media, but that's mostly because the other versions all played up her role as Magneto's daughter/member of the Brotherhood. The movie version at least has her working for the bad guys/face-turning and joining the Avengers/falling in love with Vision/hated and feared for her powers.

    The problem is they've had to do all this with like 15 minutes of screen time per movie, so the real test will be whether this series fleshes out her character or not.
    Given it is the own series it would be really bad if both Wanda and Vision weren't fleshed out
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  2. #677
    Fantastic Member Probability010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    308

    Default

    And just the day before I thought they wouldn’t announce it before “Endgame”. So much for that.

    So the title is somewhat irritating.

    Good.

    Makes people talk about it.

    Just look at how much “talk” there was before the Captain Marvel movie. Since no one could bring up anything solid that’s bad about that movie, all it did was increase the attention towards that movie. If anything, it contributed to its success.

    I for my am just glad that Wanda’s name comes first. But back then and now even moreso suspect that it was never intended to be the other way around, and Marvel spread the rumor for the title. Again, to make people talk about it.

    Also, just from a “strategic perspective” I am glad that the title has “Wanda” and not “Scarlet Witch”. We need to be aware that we are here in a “Comic Book Bubble” were we take it for granted to know that Wanda is the Scarlet Witch. Yet while I have no statistic, I assume that many people who know her today only do so through the movies. Consequently, many only know her as Wanda. Sure, you can get it by looking it up in the internet, or paying a bit more attention to the movies promotion, or even watching closely at the movies endcredits – but there are many, let’s say “casual movie goers” who just don’t do that. And with an according title they would be like: “Scarlet … who?”. Sure, for the series this could be mitigated by having “Wanda” in the description, or “Elizabeth Olsen”, or by showing her face, but there remains a risk that some people still wouldn’t get it. And those people then might not give that series a try, even if they liked Wanda a bit in the movies. Now this seems like a lot of reducing conditions, but even a small fraction of the cinematic audience might be more than this entire fanbase.

    That being said, I hope Wanda will emerge from the series with the designation Scarlet Witch, and while at it, with an at least somewhat recognizable outfit.

    Also I am baffled by the notion of Wanda and Vision having a 50’s outfit. Haven’t found that picture yet. Hope someone at least took a photo with a cellphone.

  3. #678
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,430

    Default

    Sorry, but I don't think this logic makes any sense. Do you really think that someone who doesn't even know that Wanda is "Scarlet Witch" cares enough to remember that she's named Wanda, realize just from the title who the show is about, and decide to watch based on that? Lol.

  4. #679
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    And just the day before I thought they wouldn’t announce it before “Endgame”. So much for that.

    So the title is somewhat irritating.

    Good.

    Makes people talk about it.

    Just look at how much “talk” there was before the Captain Marvel movie. Since no one could bring up anything solid that’s bad about that movie, all it did was increase the attention towards that movie. If anything, it contributed to its success.

    I for my am just glad that Wanda’s name comes first. But back then and now even moreso suspect that it was never intended to be the other way around, and Marvel spread the rumor for the title. Again, to make people talk about it.

    Also, just from a “strategic perspective” I am glad that the title has “Wanda” and not “Scarlet Witch”. We need to be aware that we are here in a “Comic Book Bubble” were we take it for granted to know that Wanda is the Scarlet Witch. Yet while I have no statistic, I assume that many people who know her today only do so through the movies. Consequently, many only know her as Wanda. Sure, you can get it by looking it up in the internet, or paying a bit more attention to the movies promotion, or even watching closely at the movies endcredits – but there are many, let’s say “casual movie goers” who just don’t do that. And with an according title they would be like: “Scarlet … who?”. Sure, for the series this could be mitigated by having “Wanda” in the description, or “Elizabeth Olsen”, or by showing her face, but there remains a risk that some people still wouldn’t get it. And those people then might not give that series a try, even if they liked Wanda a bit in the movies. Now this seems like a lot of reducing conditions, but even a small fraction of the cinematic audience might be more than this entire fanbase.

    That being said, I hope Wanda will emerge from the series with the designation Scarlet Witch, and while at it, with an at least somewhat recognizable outfit.

    Also I am baffled by the notion of Wanda and Vision having a 50’s outfit. Haven’t found that picture yet. Hope someone at least took a photo with a cellphone.
    Honestly I think people tend to use the codename in their search. A title like WandaVision may just escape someone's browser.

  5. #680
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Sorry, but I don't think this logic makes any sense. Do you really think that someone who doesn't even know that Wanda is "Scarlet Witch" cares enough to remember that she's named Wanda, realize just from the title who the show is about, and decide to watch based on that? Lol.
    Yeah There is no way anyone won't know that Wanda is the Scarlet Witch or Visa Verse given the movies and the related Merchandise.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  6. #681
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah There is no way anyone won't know that Wanda is the Scarlet Witch or Visa Verse given the movies and the related Merchandise.
    Well, there has to be a few, but as I said definetely not anyone who cares about her character enough to watch the show based on her name being on the title. Someone like that will at best just watch it because it's Marvel and at worst not watch it at all.

    I think the possible reasons Marvel went with that name are:

    - There's an issue with the Scarlet Witch name in regards to Fox(the show was planned before the deal, most likely)... I never believed that since they still use Scarlet Witch on the credits and on a bunch of official merchandise and etc, but with this, who knows.

    - They wanted to make it a "ship name" kind of thing. That's why it's also not "Wanda & Vision/Vision & Wanda/etc" but their named together as if it's one thing.

    - It's like a pun/double meaning thing with "Wanda's vision", that would somehow relate to the plot.

    - Maybe it's not gonna be much of a superhero/action show at all and therefore they felt like just using their civilian names(well, not like Vision had any other lol) was more fitting.


    In other news about this same subject, Tom King tweeted this, and people are wondering if he's involved of the show(I think he talked a while ago about a secret TV project):
    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...96982561742849

  7. #682
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, there has to be a few, but as I said definetely not anyone who cares about her character enough to watch the show based on her name being on the title. Someone like that will at best just watch it because it's Marvel and at worst not watch it at all.
    Maybe if the were living under a rock since Age of Ultron.

    Still, I agree the reason it is using Wanda's name is due to the fact it isn't going to focus on them being heroes but more likely focus on thier relationship
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  8. #683
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,635

    Default

    About Tom King, I haven't seen enough of his take on Wanda to trust him or distrust him.
    But at this point I'd rather people talking about King's Vision series than HoM. (I want to be excited with other fans on Twitter and stuff, until they suddenly all looking forward to HoM for the obvious reason)
    I still want to hear producers or anyone involved mention more obscure stuff about these two than "famous stories everyone know and talk about", at least that means they did enough research.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-12-2019 at 10:17 AM.

  9. #684

    Default

    I know it won't happen, but I'm still waiting for this:


    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 04-12-2019 at 10:43 AM.

  10. #685
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Also I am baffled by the notion of Wanda and Vision having a 50’s outfit. Haven’t found that picture yet. Hope someone at least took a photo with a cellphone.
    Maybe it suggests that they're trying to live a "normal" suburban life, which people associate with the '50s thanks to all the TV shows of that era.

    That would certainly fit with the idea that it will be influenced by Tom King's series, where Vision tries to settle down as a normal husband in the suburbs and everything goes wrong.

  11. #686
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If it was supposed to be like a ship name, they should have went with ScarletVision. That's what everyone actually calls the ship on twitter, tumblr, etc.
    I would definitely have preferred this title.

  12. #687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, there has to be a few, but as I said definetely not anyone who cares about her character enough to watch the show based on her name being on the title. Someone like that will at best just watch it because it's Marvel and at worst not watch it at all.

    I think the possible reasons Marvel went with that name are:

    - There's an issue with the Scarlet Witch name in regards to Fox(the show was planned before the deal, most likely)... I never believed that since they still use Scarlet Witch on the credits and on a bunch of official merchandise and etc, but with this, who knows.
    I don't think this would be it. Considering that Feige said that Fox didn't have the rights and neither did Marvel Studios. Neither bartered for the twins. So both had the ability to use them. It was a weird rights situation. But wouldn't have prevented them from using the code name. Just Magneto and mutants.
    Was Curlytop

  13. #688
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I know it won't happen, but I'm still waiting for this:


    I would prefer something more like Wada's jewelry headgear, works better for live action IMO.

  14. #689
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The biggest difference that I noticed was personality. Wanda in the movies is much less vocal and has far less attitude than Wanda. She's more weepy and passive. She comes off more like Wanda in those HoM moments where they actually allowed her to be lucid. They'll likely have to let her talk more in this. But we'll see if the other parts of her personality change.
    Wanda and Vision will be retired post-Endgame. This is heavily foreshadowed in Infinity War:

    "We both made promises."
    "But not to each other."

    The promises they made were of course to Tony and Steve, which was the only thing preventing them seeking a new life together.

    Also foreshadowed is White Vision, but you can't make a whole series about emotionless White Vision, so I buy the rumour that Wanda attempts to restore Vision leading to the shenanigans that will drive the series.

    They can use a variety of sources and elements for this series:
    Vision & Scarlet Witch (attempt at normal life)
    Tom King's Vision (Vibranium Piano, social commentary, Everbloom, tone)
    Avengers: Nights of Wundagore (Wundagore, Chthon,
    Mystic Arcana (backstory reveal tying into the Stark bomb)
    Doctor Strange: Birth of Chthon (perfect for the climax, this story has always been more suited to Wanda than Strange, with Vision being the "pure soul" Wanda draws upon instead of Victoria Montessi).
    House of M (reality warping elements, I can see them using the "lego" effect, but none of the plot).

    What Feige said does match with the 4chan leaks (as do Falcon & Winter Soldier). Chaos Magic and Wanda's emotions fusing and creating a kind of "WandaVision", so the title tells us who the protags are, and also alludes to Wanda's powers being a core element of the show.

  15. #690
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I would prefer something more like Wada's jewelry headgear, works better for live action IMO.
    Even as an in-joke. Maybe the series sees them planning to get married and Wanda tries on some Tiaras and one of them is her usual headgear
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •