Page 49 of 234 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Yeah. There were so many costumes that deserved to be updated that sadly never were. But I always loved the look of this costume and just needed to see it updated. I'm glad you like it.

I also worked on this for fun:

Wanda is just so much fun to pose and work on.
    Very nice! Mags and Wanda were very fun to play. I hope MUA 3 helps fill the void that left behind.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

So the final part of No Road Home sees the Vision saving the day and a little bit of Wanda/Vision shipping. Sadly this will be the last we will see of Wanda until the sequel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah I saw that on ScarletWitching's blog lol. I was thinking about posting on the YA thread about it, now you reminded me.
    Wanda being some kind of cult leader, mysterious witch is one of the more welcome AU versions to me to be honest.

Extraordinary Member

Reading another Wanda-free month of solicits (July) I found myself thinking, "Oh, well, when the streaming series happens, surely there will be something in the comics..." and I stopped there because I've been figuring that for years, and MCU synergy just doesn't work for her.

(She's not the only one of course... Bucky is popular in the MCU but they've never really figured out what to do with him in the comics since Brubaker left.)

In hindsight the best period for her in the comics was Robinson's ongoing. That had a lot of problems - the rotating artists, the almost complete lack of established characters for her to interact with - but at least she showed up every month. But every time she gets to be on a team it's either for a very short time or for one of these weekly events, so her "romance" with Jericho Drumm has never actually been developed in any way.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I don't want synergy, but at least MCU should give her some juice.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I don't want synergy, but at least MCU should give her some juice.
    Aw no love for Synergy

I don't want it either. I'm fine with comics that exist in that universe. As long as they are separate from main. Wanda has enough convolution going on without being merged with a character from the movie-verse.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Aw no love for Synergy

The nature of a greedy fan who want more prominence without the negative effect of synergy.
    (Though, if the WandaVision show ended up adapting and exploring comic elements I am interested in, I would love them to focus on that in comics as well without changing Wanda's character.
    Say if they adapt Wundagore elements in the show, I hope they continue Wanda's Chthon-related mystical arc, give it some actual closure in some form.)

Extraordinary Member

Also some thought on No Road Home, Wanda clearly expressed strong desire for vengeance toward Nyx. (When asked about her deepest desire.)
    Something that rarely seen nowadays, especially toward deities.
    Post-SE/UA Wanda reflected on how Chaos Magic made her life chaotic instead of simply calling Chthon out. (I know some people just hate on Wanda everytime she "blames others", but with Chthon this sentiment should be justified.)
    I used to think Wanda was the type of person who fully understand there is no point in hating an Elderitch/Lovecraftian being since human emotions/aggression is probably ignored/mocked upon by those beings.
    So she would rather be more practical next time than drowned with hatred/anger. But it's not the case with NRH.

I don't know, part of me feels like the writers don't bother much with the question "what is Wanda's true desire" and simply go with "badass witch with badass threats" that didn't really lead to anything.(Meaning she doesn't really take revenge, even the "eye for an eye" moment is given to Clint for his "perfect shot", should just let Wanda gouge out the other eye of Nyx..)

Also some thought on No Road Home, Wanda clearly expressed strong desire for vengeance toward Nyx. (When asked about her deepest desire.)
    Something that rarely seen nowadays, especially toward deities.
    Post-SE/UA Wanda reflected on how Chaos Magic made her life chaotic instead of simply calling Chthon out. (I know some people just hate on Wanda everytime she "blames others", but with Chthon this sentiment should be justified.)
    I used to think Wanda was the type of person who fully understand there is no point in hating an Elderitch/Lovecraftian being since human emotions/aggression is probably ignored/mocked upon by those beings.
    So she would rather be more practical next time than drowned with hatred/anger. But it's not the case with NRH.

I don't know, part of me feels like the writers don't bother much with the question "what is Wanda's true desire" and simply go with "badass witch with badass threats" that didn't really lead to anything.(Meaning she doesn't really take revenge, even the "eye for an eye" moment is given to Clint for his "perfect shot", should just let Wanda gouge out the other eye of Nyx..)
    Yeah, I didn't get that. Her greatest desire was revenge, what abouthappiness or wanting a family, thinks we have seen she wants...

HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #1 (of 6)
    MARK WAID (W) • JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A)
    Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    VARIANT COVER BY JAVIER RODRIGUEZ
    VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY JOHN BUSCEMA
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVID MARQUEZ
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
    ALL-NEW STORY BY LEGENDARY CREATOR MARK WAID!
    Everything you ever wanted to know about the Marvel Universe — in one lavishly illustrated series!
    From the Big Bang to the twilight of existence, HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE chronicles completely, for the first time, everything that was, is or will be!
    Lushly illustrated text tells the complete story of the Marvel Universe, revealing previously unknown secrets and serving as the ultimate reference book for Marvel fans! Witness the greatest tale ever told — and be prepared for some shocking revelations!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

I wonder how they handle Wanda's origin in here.

SECRET WARPS: WEAPON HEX ANNUAL #1
    AL EWING & TIM SEELEY (W)
    CARLOS VILLA & BOB QUINN (A)
    Cover by CARLOS GOMEZ
    Connecting Variant Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    “SECRET WARPS,” PART 2 –
    INFERNO ATTACKS!
    • Weapon Hex and Speed Weasel join the fight for Warp World as the forces of Hell invade the streets of New York City!
    • PLUS: A bonus tale of the spellbound sisters taking down a ferocious furry femme!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

SAVAGE AVENGERS #3
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MIKE DEODATO JR. (A)
    Cover by DAVID FINCH
    Variant Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI
    CARNAGE-IZED VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    • Kulan Gath’s return is no good for anyone who digs being alive. His trap for the deadliest warriors in the Marvel Universe is sprung, and if humanity is to survive, the Savage Avengers must slay a god.
    • Elektra tries to corral Conan, Voodoo and Logan into an effective fighting force, and the Punisher desperately searches for his disinterred family.
    • Plus: Conan hefts a deadly new Savage Sword!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

I am hoping that Wanda makes appearances in this series, just as Doctor Voodoo appeared in No Road Home #10.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, I didn't get that. Her greatest desire was revenge, what abouthappiness or wanting a family, thinks we have seen she wants...
    I don't mind Wanda being blood thirsty or out for vengeance if the enemy in question deserve that.
    But her threats ended up empty, I may be on the wrong track here but I was hoping her blindness could give her a new perspective or something, (I had this headcanon about Wanda being drowned in darkness when she got possessed, she had experience of this kind of vulnerability) or lead to other things, but she doesn't even get the classic payback.

I have this weird feeling, Wanda yelling Bendis mumbo jumbo at Magneto and actually did it. Wanda making threats to a villain and didn't do anything. I hope things are reversed.

I don't mind Wanda being blood thirsty or out for vengeance if the enemy in question deserve that.
    But her threats ended up empty, I may be on the wrong track here but I was hoping her blindness could give her a new perspective or something, (I had this headcanon about Wanda being drowned in darkness when she got possessed, she had experience of this kind of vulnerability) or lead to other things, but she doesn't even get the classic payback.

I have this weird feeling, Wanda yelling Bendis mumbo jumbo at Magneto and actually did it. Wanda making threats to a villain and didn't do anything. I hope things are reversed.
    Yeah, actions would have spoken louder than words

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #1 (of 6)
    MARK WAID (W) • JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A)
    Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    VARIANT COVER BY JAVIER RODRIGUEZ
    VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY JOHN BUSCEMA
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVID MARQUEZ
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
    ALL-NEW STORY BY LEGENDARY CREATOR MARK WAID!
    Everything you ever wanted to know about the Marvel Universe — in one lavishly illustrated series!
    From the Big Bang to the twilight of existence, HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE chronicles completely, for the first time, everything that was, is or will be!
    Lushly illustrated text tells the complete story of the Marvel Universe, revealing previously unknown secrets and serving as the ultimate reference book for Marvel fans! Witness the greatest tale ever told — and be prepared for some shocking revelations!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

I wonder how they handle Wanda's origin in here.

SECRET WARPS: WEAPON HEX ANNUAL #1
    AL EWING & TIM SEELEY (W)
    CARLOS VILLA & BOB QUINN (A)
    Cover by CARLOS GOMEZ
    Connecting Variant Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    “SECRET WARPS,” PART 2 –
    INFERNO ATTACKS!
    • Weapon Hex and Speed Weasel join the fight for Warp World as the forces of Hell invade the streets of New York City!
    • PLUS: A bonus tale of the spellbound sisters taking down a ferocious furry femme!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

SAVAGE AVENGERS #3
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MIKE DEODATO JR. (A)
    Cover by DAVID FINCH
    Variant Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI
    CARNAGE-IZED VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    • Kulan Gath’s return is no good for anyone who digs being alive. His trap for the deadliest warriors in the Marvel Universe is sprung, and if humanity is to survive, the Savage Avengers must slay a god.
    • Elektra tries to corral Conan, Voodoo and Logan into an effective fighting force, and the Punisher desperately searches for his disinterred family.
    • Plus: Conan hefts a deadly new Savage Sword!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

I am hoping that Wanda makes appearances in this series, just as Doctor Voodoo appeared in No Road Home #10.
    Not sure if Duggan will be interested in writing Wanda or continue her story with Jericho.