Page 5 of 234 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't know what Chtohn is but that was funny.

So.

The next book I actually read when she appeared was Uncanny Avengers in Marvel NOW right after Avengers vs X-Men. She quietly visited Xavier's grave, and Rogue found her first. She's had enough because she's been blamed and treated unfairly, but then some random animal men happened and they were taken. Then later it was revealed that Red Skull has Xavier's corpse and stole his brain and kicked off the AXIS plot for the next year.

AUG120550_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

So a ton of things just happened. I was knee deep in DC reading New 52 at that time and when NOW came out I wanted to see how things were going in Marvel. I already knew some important points from Avengers vs X-Men happened but I thought with NOW they're gonna start with clean slate. Well, some books do, but picking up that one was kind of a mistake because it's a direct continuation. I picked it up because all the cover characters are people I already know.

I'm intrigued with the plot and what Red Skull was going to do, and it's not hard to catch up on the info, but I know somewhere along the way I'm gonna get confused, and I prefer to read what happened before anyway, so I decided not to continue.

Uncanny Avengers had a lot of potential but it was squandered by pointless infighting especially between Wanda and Rogue.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Uncanny Avengers had a lot of potential but it was squandered by pointless infighting especially between Wanda and Rogue.
    Both were written incredibly unlikeable.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Both were written incredibly unlikeable.
    Yeah, we never got a scene I wanted to see, which would be the two hanging out and realising that Rogue could have been Wanda's stepmom

I loved the original run of Uncanny. The story about Red Skull taking Xavier's brain. The Apocalypse twins, the Horsemen and all that. To me it was pretty good stuff. I only regret them never really resolving (to me at least) what happened to Havok and Wasp's child. But back to Wanda, I felt she held her own against Rogue. I don't like the current volume(s) of Uncanny Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I loved the original run of Uncanny. The story about Red Skull taking Xavier's brain. The Apocalypse twins, the Horsemen and all that. To me it was pretty good stuff. I only regret them never really resolving (to me at least) what happened to Havok and Wasp's child. But back to Wanda, I felt she held her own against Rogue. I don't like the current volume(s) of Uncanny Avengers.
    Katie (sadly) no longer exists since Alex and Jan aren't together anymore.

Still, as I as said Uncanny Avengers was a wasted opportunity for a Unity Squad there was too much infighting. Also I hated the clone Red Skull.

I would love to see a version of the Unity Squad as teased at the end of AXIS with Wanda and Rogue working together

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Wanda kinda appears in the latest Uncanny X-Men issue. Its in a mindscape, so its definitely not the real one. Basically someone “summons” a bunch of powerful characters, and then calls the group “Legion”, so its nice that she is considered. The group is defeated/erased right afterwards anyway.

As much as I like Wanda, she deserves the “No more” – Jokes (last picture in Article) :

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...again-in-2019/

But the point is, as this article states correctly, that she is at least mentioned in an X-Book.
    Note: that is the same Uncanny issue.

The first of the new Conan Issues is out as well. I can find no indication that this “Crimson Witch” is an ancestor of Scarlet Witch. Probably for the better, because this on is pretty much evil, as ugly as one would expect from a “classic” witch, and has two children who are extremely creepy. Still, this seems to be some kind of soft reboot, and Conan clearly got a very bad first impression of witches. Maybe that will play in his starting point of “Avengers: No road home”. Or maybe the writers of both series don’t even know of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

So a ton of things just happened. I was knee deep in DC reading New 52 at that time and when NOW came out I wanted to see how things were going in Marvel. I already knew some important points from Avengers vs X-Men happened but I thought with NOW they're gonna start with clean slate. Well, some books do, but picking up that one was kind of a mistake because it's a direct continuation. I picked it up because all the cover characters are people I already know.

I'm intrigued with the plot and what Red Skull was going to do, and it's not hard to catch up on the info, but I know somewhere along the way I'm gonna get confused, and I prefer to read what happened before anyway, so I decided not to continue.
    Yes, the correct order is:
    Avengers: The Children’s Crusade => Avengers v.s. X-Men => Uncanny Avengers Volume 1.
    Some time ago I did read it in the order: Avengers v.s. X-Men, Uncanny Avengers Volume 1, Avengers: The Children’s Crusade. I got only lucky that I at least did read two in the right order.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    As much as I like Wanda, she deserves the “No more” – Jokes (last picture in Article) :
    No character deserves to continually pay for over a decade for that complete and utter hack job.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, we never got a scene I wanted to see, which would be the two hanging out and realising that Rogue could have been Wanda's stepmom
    I'm sorry, what?

I'm sorry, what?
    Rogue and Mags were a thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Which was lampshaded in the late '90s X-Men/Avengers crossover novel "Gamma Quest." I forget the plot of it except that Wanda, Rogue and Wolverine were hostages of, I think, the Hulk villain The Master, and Wanda was a little snippy with Rogue because Carol Danvers is one of her best friends (remember that? the Marvel editors sure don't now) and they made up at the end.

Last edited by gurkle; 01-06-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I thought that was just in Age of Apocalypse

I thought that was just in Age of Apocalypse
    No, it's been main canon too.

9e58edc31ba492d0d32017811615b465.jpg

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

The Scarlet Witch!
    by SigurdHosenfeld

https://www.deviantart.com/sigurdhos...itch-115935424

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Which was lampshaded in the late '90s X-Men/Avengers crossover novel "Gamma Quest." I forget the plot of it except that Wanda, Rogue and Wolverine were hostages of, I think, the Hulk villain The Master, and Wanda was a little snippy with Rogue because Carol Danvers is one of her best friends (remember that? the Marvel editors sure don't now) and they made up at the end.

Yeah, everyone seems to forget Wanda and Carol were best friends, Carol has seemed to dumped Wanda for Jessica Drew.