Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1575
  1. #751
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    16,838

    Default


  2. #752
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    16,838

    Default


  3. #753
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Well, the state of being a Wanda fan.
    1.Pointing out the stereotypical impression of Wanda created by everyone-knows-what.
    2.Get "educated" and asked to read a comic by people who is hyping up HoM...
    Makes me think how some media helped create and reinforce those wrong impressions and somehow make those readers consider themselves comic readers and since they follow the general impression and collective memory, they can't be wrong, it must be the one who disagree that doesn't know better.

    That's the side effect of Wanda getting the slightest hype.

  4. #754
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,022

    Default

    I don't really think there is a right or wrong way to interpret a character like Wanda. Yes, we can say that her power level in House of M is not her usual power level, and that Bendis ignored continuity about her mental state and her children and everything else, but if someone likes Wanda as a person who has more power than she ever thought, and those powers made her lose touch with reality, then that is what they like.

    I will be nervous if the series has too much HoM influence because of how that story made it hard for Wanda to appear in comics for years, but I can't blame anyone for liking the story or wanting to see more stories like that.

  5. #755
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,059

    Default

    I think Wanda and the Vision will take elements from the following stories:

    The Vision and the Scarlet Witch, Vol. 1 and 2
    The 2016 Vision series
    The 2016 Scarlet Witch Series
    Disassembled
    House of M
    The Yesterday Quest
    Celestial Madonna

  6. #756
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Just watched Endgame, just wondering when you guys will start talking about it. I want to be there.
    You can talk about it now if you use spoiler tags.

    What country are you from? What do they call the Avengers in your language?

  7. #757
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't really think there is a right or wrong way to interpret a character like Wanda. Yes, we can say that her power level in House of M is not her usual power level, and that Bendis ignored continuity about her mental state and her children and everything else, but if someone likes Wanda as a person who has more power than she ever thought, and those powers made her lose touch with reality, then that is what they like.

    I will be nervous if the series has too much HoM influence because of how that story made it hard for Wanda to appear in comics for years, but I can't blame anyone for liking the story or wanting to see more stories like that.
    Just saying HoM is just so mainstream to the point that casual fans just consider it "good" and awesome by default and think Wanda was some kind of main character.

    And the part where I was asked to read comics so I may know Wanda better. It's this trend that people only know characters from YouTube videos and articles, and end up thinking they know things better than everyone. ( Because the guy running the channel reads a lot of comics so he cannot be wrong.)

    It feels like seeing people hyping her up as a sacrificial lamb.

  8. #758
    Incredible Member GenericUsername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, the state of being a Wanda fan.
    1.Pointing out the stereotypical impression of Wanda created by everyone-knows-what.
    2.Get "educated" and asked to read a comic by people who is hyping up HoM...
    Makes me think how some media helped create and reinforce those wrong impressions and somehow make those readers consider themselves comic readers and since they follow the general impression and collective memory, they can't be wrong, it must be the one who disagree that doesn't know better.

    That's the side effect of Wanda getting the slightest hype.
    I've gotten this before and seen it before on social media. They read a wiki, and they know now. They can tell you.
    Was Curlytop

  9. #759
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    You can talk about it now if you use spoiler tags.

    What country are you from? What do they call the Avengers in your language?
    China.(IW got delayed for 2 weeks here and Endgame is two days ealier. That is fair I guess.)
    It's "复仇者联盟" in Chinese, translated back in English, it's "Avengers League". Usually we just call it "复仇者"(so just " Avengers". )

  10. #760
    Incredible Member GenericUsername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think Wanda and the Vision will take elements from the following stories:

    The Vision and the Scarlet Witch, Vol. 1 and 2
    The 2016 Vision series
    The 2016 Scarlet Witch Series
    Disassembled
    House of M
    The Yesterday Quest
    Celestial Madonna
    I'm not sure they'll have time to cover all of that and have it make sense. It's only 6 total hours of show. That's the total.
    Was Curlytop

  11. #761
    Incredible Member GenericUsername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't really think there is a right or wrong way to interpret a character like Wanda. Yes, we can say that her power level in House of M is not her usual power level, and that Bendis ignored continuity about her mental state and her children and everything else, but if someone likes Wanda as a person who has more power than she ever thought, and those powers made her lose touch with reality, then that is what they like.

    I will be nervous if the series has too much HoM influence because of how that story made it hard for Wanda to appear in comics for years, but I can't blame anyone for liking the story or wanting to see more stories like that.
    Oh, I've seen people get obvious facts completely wrong and lecture Wanda fans about it. It's not even things up to interpretation.
    Was Curlytop

  12. #762
    Incredible Member GenericUsername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Either she got the time frame of the comics wrong, or they are going with 50s style and she just described it in a weird way.
    Was Curlytop

  13. #763
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I've gotten this before and seen it before on social media. They read a wiki, and they know now. They can tell you.
    Honestly Wiki is fine, at least they gave your links and sources. Pretty handy when you can't remember the issue.

    It's usually Youtube viewers for me, because clearly they hold the Youtuber's personal interpretation (which is more than likely to be a variation of pre-existing Wanda-powerful-because-she-crazy cliche) to be the only truth, never mind the people who actually care about her history.

  14. #764
    Incredible Member GenericUsername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly Wiki is fine, at least they gave your links and sources. Pretty handy when you can't remember the issue.

    It's usually Youtube viewers for me, because clearly they hold the Youtuber's personal interpretation (which is more than likely to be a variation of pre-existing Wanda-powerful-because-she-crazy cliche) to be the only truth, never mind the people who actually care about her history.
    It's only for a brief idea of things. It doesn't tell complexities or give the full history of the characters. It sums it up basically.

    And I don't mind fans that don't read. She has 55 years of comics history. I just don't like when they do that then lecture fans on her. It's rude for one, but it's completely mislead for another.
    Was Curlytop

  15. #765
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think Wanda and the Vision will take elements from the following stories:

    The Vision and the Scarlet Witch, Vol. 1 and 2
    The 2016 Vision series
    The 2016 Scarlet Witch Series
    Disassembled
    House of M
    The Yesterday Quest
    Celestial Madonna
    I think the last is more about Mantis?(Elements of course)
    I just want Agatha also Nights of Wundagore.(Hey it sounds neater than Yesterday Quest, as the title for an episode.)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •