Page 54 of 234 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Ah, gotcha. That book was truly their bliss time. (Sorry it's difficult to edit quotes on my phone)
    And then some jerks destroyed it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Saw Endgame today:
    spoilers:
    Loved the movie. It was a shame Wanda didn't get more to do, though her pretty much kicking Thanos's butt single-handed (who needs Carol ) was great. Also the A-Force homage and her seen with Clint at the end was nice. Shame no Vision, which means WandaVision is have some explaining to do.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The moment you realize Vision is like a paid DLC character. Not keen on their take on Thor this time.
    For Wanda, they put much more effort into her fighting scene IMO. (Better than her Wakanda lifting/standing/shooting blasts for sure.)
    Also nice to see Wanda having one more person to interact with.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Ah, gotcha. That book was truly their bliss time. (Sorry it's difficult to edit quotes on my phone)
    I mainly used a phone to view this thread, so I have to live with every ridiculous typo I made.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think it is going to be set in the 50's or anything like that. I think it is more to do with the tone, they are trying to aim for a 50's sitcom/family drama feel.
    Yeah, but also they said 50s outfit or something, don't know if those will actually be in the show.

Also it's just me wanting Wanda to be a part of something grander, something that is popular or holds potential
    Comic Wanda got kicked out of Avengers comic right when they were thriving. MCU Wanda had its moment, but she surely is not "MCU Classic Avenger", and Avengers as a franchise is either ending or led by newer characters. (Wanda is kinda in the not old enough to be classy, not new enough to be fresh, awkward position.)
    Comic Wanda's mystical lore is more like a second priority for me, since Avengers will more than likely keep on and she will need to catch on the ride.
    For MCU, the mystical world seems less occupied, and I don't know, be among MCU's first group of magic users?
    At least secure one place in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mainly used a phone to view this thread, so I have to live with every ridiculous typo I made.
    The same here. Or when I'm tired at night. I make the most typos then.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

And then some jerks destroyed it.
    Yeah, that's comics relationships for you. For the most part. They have to create drama between them. And no heroes seem to be allowed to ever be happy. Even ones like Wanda that have had a terrible life from the start, and more than paid her dues.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

You know it's funny,
    spoilers:
    even though Wanda's role in Endgame was tiny and her story from Infinity War wasn't resolved at all, I came out relieved because the people who leaked the plot implied that Wanda looked like she was going evil. It turned out she was just really mad at Thanos and in her last scene with Clint she was clearly a nice person. So it's like, she had only four lines and 30 cool seconds, but at least she came out of it looking OK. Finally, my paranoia as a Wanda fan pays off.
    end of spoilers

Anyway I'm really glad they're doing the streaming series, because I would hate to wait another year or two for a small amount of screen time. Now we can find out, for better or worse, who the MCU thinks she is.

spoilers:
    Wanda beating the **** out of Thanos was BADASS asf.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    You know it's funny,
    spoilers:
    even though Wanda's role in Endgame was tiny and her story from Infinity War wasn't resolved at all, I came out relieved because the people who leaked the plot implied that Wanda looked like she was going evil. It turned out she was just really mad at Thanos and in her last scene with Clint she was clearly a nice person. So it's like, she had only four lines and 30 cool seconds, but at least she came out of it looking OK. Finally, my paranoia as a Wanda fan pays off.
    end of spoilers

Anyway I'm really glad they're doing the streaming series, because I would hate to wait another year or two for a small amount of screen time. Now we can find out, for better or worse, who the MCU thinks she is.
    spoilers:
    Still people are hyping up and "looking forward" HoM and stuff.
    Honestly I am just so fucking tired of people thinking Wanda is going to be "evil" and "insane" everytime she shows slightest emotion like anger.
    (Jeez, it's just a smirk of confidence or something, I think only a faceless potato Wanda could stop people from making random assumptions.)
    The more ridiculous part is that they act like they are hyping up a "powerful female character" with their statement.
    Power doesn't equal empowerment, this kind of mindset is like one step away from straight out sexism because deep down they think a female character would just misuse her power for evil later.
    And for Wanda, that impression goes double, you don't see people calling Carol "evil" when she shows off power and stuff.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Still people are hyping up and "looking forward" HoM and stuff.
    Honestly I am just so fucking tired of people thinking Wanda is going to be "evil" and "insane" everytime she shows slightest emotion like anger.
    (Jeez, it's just a smirk of confidence or something, I think only a faceless potato Wanda could stop people from making random assumptions.)
    The more ridiculous part is that they act like they are hyping up a "powerful female character" with their statement.
    Power doesn't equal empowerment, this kind of mindset is like one step away from straight out sexism because deep down they think a female character would just misuse her power for evil later.
    And for Wanda, that impression goes double, you don't see people calling Carol "evil" when she shows off power and stuff.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm sick of idiots wanting stuff like Disassembled, HOM , AvsX, etc being adapted. Why do they want all the bad stuff adapted? Heck, even the writers like Bendis seem to want to use bad stories for inspiration. I don't see Spider-man fans asking for the Gathering of Five/Final Chapter or Spidey's origin should be based on Chapter One
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I'm sick of idiots wanting stuff like Disassembled, HOM , AvsX, etc being adapted. Why do they want all the bad stuff adapted? Heck, even the writers like Bendis seem to want to use bad stories for inspiration. I don't see Spider-man fans asking for the Gathering of Five/Final Chapter or Spidey's origin should be based on Chapter One
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I feel like a horrible person everytime I need to bring up One More Day, Marcus Immortus, the stupidly horrible stuff for comparision just so people may understand what they are suggesting for Wanda.
    Some will get it, others are like "But Civil War is also a bad story, but they totally made it work!" I don't remember people demanding Tony going to round up superheroes and put them in camps. But surely they want Wanda to be crazy.
    "Let her join A-Force and be evil! The perfect villain", for ****'s sake.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Nice pic, also the spoiler tag doesn't seem to work on images.(At least on phones.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-27-2019 at 04:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Seen a great idea about the explanation of Wanda/Vision's kids in MCU if they have them.
    Thomas's name came from Horton in comics who is sorta the creator of Vision.
    They could have a Roy Thomas cameo since he is Vision's creator, just some nice paralell and homage I think.
    Still wondering about William.

Seen a great idea about the explanation of Wanda/Vision's kids in MCU if they have them.
    Thomas's name came from Horton in comics who is sorta the creator of Vision.
    They could have a Roy Thomas cameo since he is Vision's creator, just some nice paralell and homage I think.
    Still wondering about William.
    Maybe Wanda's dad was called William