Page 68 of 234 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3507

Other A-Force

The female stunt doubles of Avengers: Endgame with stunt coordinator, Monique Ganderton.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Other A-Force

The female stunt doubles of Avengers: Endgame with stunt coordinator, Monique Ganderton.
    Thank all the ladies who made it possible for us to see the great action sequence in Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Other A-Force

The wonderful BTS ladies who help make things possible

Extraordinary Member

Just thinking, have Wanda ever visited Django's grave? He is often brought up as the positive father figure for Wanda, but Wanda never seems to get the sentimental story like "Spider-Man visiting Uncle Ben's grave".
    Though to be fair, Wundagore is probably some place she wouldn't want to go back under normal circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Just thinking, have Wanda ever visited Django's grave? He is often brought up as the positive father figure for Wanda, but Wanda never seems to get the sentimental story like "Spider-Man visiting Uncle Ben's grave".
    Though to be fair, Wundagore is probably some place she wouldn't want to go back under normal circumstances.
    It's not really customary to visit graves for my family, so maybe it's the same for her. In most Romani groups (it seems), you never see your family after they pass. Death is considered spiritually unclean. There's a lot of superstition about death and spirits. My family for instance doesn't have funerals. They have wakes. Which are more about the person's life. There is never a body present.

It could be different depending on group (I am only of descent so this is only observation, mind you). It could also just be that comics writers never thought of it.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-10-2019 at 08:21 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's not really customary to visit graves for my family, so maybe it's the same for her. In most Romani groups (it seems), you never see your family after they pass. Death is considered spiritually unclean. There's a lot of superstition about death and spirits. My family for instance doesn't have funerals. They have wakes. Which are more about the person's life. There is never a body present.

It could be different depending on group (I am only of descent so this is only observation, mind you). It could also just be that comics writers never thought of it.
    Thanks for the info, appreciate that.
    Busiek did give Wanda all that "Django is my real father" moment, it's usually pitting him against Magneto.

But Django's stories are more about him against Chthon, to me it's like Wanda's humanity overcoming her more Elderitch nature.
    Chthon is the one who granted her unique powers, while Django in a way reminds Wanda of which side she is on and the purpose of her powers.
    In the end he is a rather small figure, but I think he serves a great narrative purpose in Wanda's journey. (Or like what I said before, he is like Wanda's "Uncle Ben" in some way.)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

That's very interesting.

Though I would probably go with the writers nver thinking of it. Apart from Uncle Ben (any maybe Gwen Stacy), most writers then to forget the hero's deceased loved ones

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That's very interesting.

Though I would probably go with the writers nver thinking of it. Apart from Uncle Ben (any maybe Gwen Stacy), most writers then to forget the hero's deceased loved ones
    You might be right. I don't know how much research they do or consult they get. There is a Roma group out there (maybe two) that deal with that sort of thing. But they are fairly new I think. I know Robinson got no Romani consult for his run, lol. Comics aren't very accurate about the group, but I feel in some areas it seems like they were trying at least. Quicksilver's book seemed pretty accurate.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

A new Age of Ultron poster
    11 Avengers Age of Ultron 004.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    A new Age of Ultron poster
    11 Avengers Age of Ultron 004.jpg
    Somehow Ultron looks more menacing with this art style.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Somehow Ultron looks more menacing with this art style.
    He looks more like his comic self even if he has a more pronounced mouth.

Extraordinary Member

JUst thinking Wanda/Lizzie should try out black hair in her next appearance in MCU.(Her show, or the next movie she appears in.)
    Her hair color transition from AoU to IW/EG is kinda like her hair color transition from 70s-90s, basically getting lighter and more reddish.(Until she kinda just tunred into Jean Grey's long lost twin.)
    But we never see her hair being raven dark like in her early days and more recent comic apperance.

I'm happy with Wanda's MCU hair, I don't think it needs to change again

Well, it needs to go back to the less red/orange color that it was on AOU/CW.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I'm happy with Wanda's MCU hair, I don't think it needs to change again
    Well, I just generally prefer brown/black hair for Wanda.
    IW/EG Wanda's hair is too light and orange TBH.