Page 69 of 234 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3507
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I kinda like how her hair changes sort of reflect how her hair color changes frequently in the comics. I love the red hair, but I’m interested to see how she looks in her show.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Ulimate Alliance 3 Exclusive gameplay
    https://www.gameinformer.com/exclusi...he-black-order

I like Wanda's "homing chaos orbs" move, also it's mentioned she can heal others(Nice nod to how her power can be used to heal people like Cap, Thor in comics I guess.)

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I’m excited that she’ll be playable early on in the game. She’s one of the characters I’m most eager to play as.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I’m excited that she’ll be playable early on in the game. She’s one of the characters I’m most eager to play as.
    Ditto, it looks like they started on this game based on the cast sometime in late ‘07 or early ‘08 based on the cast when the x-ban had loosened a tiny bit to include Wanda and they were still pushing the Inhumans as part of the TV show. The ban on using characters I don’t think fully came down until the buy out was complete.

Extraordinary Member

This interview with the writers Markus & McFeely isn't going to do much to relieve anyone's fear that House of M in some form is going to turn up someday:

What was on that 60-page document you crafted before writing Infinity War and Endgame? Things like "Captain America catches Thor's hammer"? Things bigger than that? Smaller?

Stephen McFeely: Big and small. House of M.

Christopher Markus: House of M.

(...)

McFeely: I think House of M would be awesome. But you've got to earn it.

Ten years from now.

McFeely: It might take awhile. And it seems hard.

Markus: It doesn't really seem within her [Scarlet Witch's] skillset.

McFeely: We took her skillset away. She had mind control stuff early.
    Actually I think I accepted long ago that most people consider House of M a highlight of the mid-2000s era that has influenced the MCU more than any other, and it probably is the best standalone event comic Marvel has done in the last couple of decades, so it's not surprising that they're always interested in doing it in some form.

The problem with House of M is that it made it impossible to use the character for years after but that's the real question, does the MCU have plans for Wanda that go beyond this series. If they do keep using her then they'll make sure she remains usable, and if they don't, it doesn't really matter what story they do.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    This interview with the writers Markus & McFeely isn't going to do much to relieve anyone's fear that House of M in some form is going to turn up someday:

Actually I think I accepted long ago that most people consider House of M a highlight of the mid-2000s era that has influenced the MCU more than any other, and it probably is the best standalone event comic Marvel has done in the last couple of decades, so it's not surprising that they're always interested in doing it in some form.

The problem with House of M is that it made it impossible to use the character for years after but that's the real question, does the MCU have plans for Wanda that go beyond this series. If they do keep using her then they'll make sure she remains usable, and if they don't, it doesn't really matter what story they do.
    Well, both Tony and Steve came out of Civil War looking better then they did in the comic storyline, so the same may hold true for Wanda if they ever do it.

Like, I don't see "No More Mutants" happening and they might emphasize Magneto as a mastermind there (since Pietro is dead).

Ugh, I don't care how they do it. I don't want it at all. Just no!

If they can't figure out a better way to use the character, then that's a damn shame.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I don't pretend to know what they meant by saying they had "House of M" as one of their ideas, but I wonder if they were just talking about the idea of everyone living in a "perfect" life that they gradually realize isn't real. It could have been the Gauntlet that did that, or maybe that could have been the role of the dead souls, there is a lot that can go on when a movie hasn't even been written yet.

Also I think that's the first time a member of the Russo/Markus/McFeely team has mentioned that they simply dropped Wanda's mind-control power from Avengers: Age of Ultron. I have no problem with that since it was never one of her powers in the comics, but I wonder if the team behind the new series will revive it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Ugh, I don't care how they do it. I don't want it at all. Just no!

If they can't figure out a better way to use the character, then that's a damn shame.
    Remember, Feige and his team are incredibly biased toward the comics that were coming out just before the MCU got started. You can see that in the Cap movies these guys wrote, where the second one was based on Ed Brubaker's Winter Soldier story and the third was based on Civil War. MCU Black Widow is heavily based on the backstory Richard Morgan gave her in his limited series from 2004-5 and the "Extremis" storyline from 2005-6 was a big influence on MCU Iron Man.

I mean, I'm sure they've read other comics but it definitely seems like their first instinct is to pull stuff from the mid-2000s, even if in this case they didn't wind up doing it (yet).
    Last edited by gurkle; 05-11-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Mutants aren't going to arrive until Phase 5 begins around 2024, and Wanda's participation in the MCU will probably not last until then. If there is a House of M storyline coming up, it is going to be a mutant-less version.

An awesome/weird tweet
    https://twitter.com/sokcvia/status/1127234496460279808
    Last edited by Witchfan; 05-11-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I just wish she was not remembered for this goddamn story. I hoped MCU could help new fans shift attention to something else.
    Even if they do it right in MCU, they inevitably promote the comic version. It's not about looking better.
    CW movie in the end didn't hurt that much because modern Iron Man fans and Cap fans wouldn't take CW comics for their "first impression". But for Wanda it's always House of M.
    Imagine what impression people get from Wanda in general if MCU ends up doing HoM in any form, unless they just use something like Morgan Le Fay quest with House of M as the title, let Wanda be the hero and problem solver than trouble-maker and cliche crazy lady.
    (But House of M as title is still bad.)
    I liked how IW/EG just made peace, so let her have peace and away from Bendis crap.

The Silver lining is that Markus&McFeely and Russos's words contradict each other a lot in terms of interpretation of scenes in Endgame. Hopefully they didn't reflect what Feige had in mind.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-12-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I don't pretend to know what they meant by saying they had "House of M" as one of their ideas, but I wonder if they were just talking about the idea of everyone living in a "perfect" life that they gradually realize isn't real. It could have been the Gauntlet that did that, or maybe that could have been the role of the dead souls, there is a lot that can go on when a movie hasn't even been written yet.

Also I think that's the first time a member of the Russo/Markus/McFeely team has mentioned that they simply dropped Wanda's mind-control power from Avengers: Age of Ultron. I have no problem with that since it was never one of her powers in the comics, but I wonder if the team behind the new series will revive it or not.

Remember, Feige and his team are incredibly biased toward the comics that were coming out just before the MCU got started. You can see that in the Cap movies these guys wrote, where the second one was based on Ed Brubaker's Winter Soldier story and the third was based on Civil War. MCU Black Widow is heavily based on the backstory Richard Morgan gave her in his limited series from 2004-5 and the "Extremis" storyline from 2005-6 was a big influence on MCU Iron Man.

I mean, I'm sure they've read other comics but it definitely seems like their first instinct is to pull stuff from the mid-2000s, even if in this case they didn't wind up doing it (yet).
    That would be unfortunate since Wanda would have rather thin material to work with.
    I don't like they bring up House of M so casually. (Even Lizzie does that.) It really comes off the wrong way, giving new fans the impression House of M is supposed to be something great for Wanda since the actress and writer are hyping it to some degree.

Aggh another idiot suggesting House of M would be a good idea. Stop thinking it would be cool and actually read the story.

If you want to use bad stories for Wanda, that they better use them for other characters. Here's an idea for a new Spider-Man movie

BANNED

House of M by Bendis was bad but everyone and the soinoffs were great...that's why Elizabeth Olsen wants it brought to life.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    House of M by Bendis was bad but everyone and the soinoffs were great...that's why Elizabeth Olsen wants it brought to life.
    Nah, it's because she hasn't actually read it and thinks it's a Wanda-focused story lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Nah, it's because she hasn't actually read it and thinks it's a Wanda-focused story lol.
    Yeah, she even thought Vision is in it.
    The only version of House of M adaption I want to see would be in the form of comedy/parody, maybe about a story that Wanda tries to pursue her acting career.
    So she gets in touch with Simon Williams and gets herself into the cast of a movie called "House of M", however the script is so bad and the production is disastrous and it kills Wanda's acting career before it even starts, so she has to go back to Avengers, the life of a superhero and putting onself in danger is still more bearable than whatever that horrible script is.