Page 76 of 234 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The children wasn't Englehart's idea, but John Byrne's. He didn't like the relationship with Vision, so he wanted the whole thing ripped apart. In the worst way possible.
    That's why I hate Byrne as a writer, that and his Spider-man work

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Probably are, but since they aren't Jane Foster or Wolverine, Aaron doesn't care about them
    Well, at least Aaron gave Wanda a hellfire shotgun once, that's something.
    As for Jane, well, I can't say I hate her but I really don't like her menacing presence that basically kicks bunch f characters off their titles and casually take them.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-20-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Comic Geek in General

Have they retconned Wanda and Pietro’s parentage back to Magneto yet? Or do we have to wait until the next time they fight?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Have they retconned Wanda and Pietro’s parentage back to Magneto yet? Or do we have to wait until the next time they fight?
    Nope, honestly it's not important at this point.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I was just thinking since the Fox/Marvel/Disney feud was over, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men where returned to prominence they would retcon that plot point away.......oh well, guess it’s a good thing though, Wanda and Pietro where exempt from both X-Man’s rampage/ Pocket Universe shenanigans and are left out of the anti Mutant hysteria.....

A Scarlet Witch bodypainter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDwOAD0ktqg

An article about the bodypainter
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ta...tch/ar-AABlX4d

A talented make-up artist has turned herself into the Scarlet Witch with the only help of paint.
    Candice Major, 38, from Livonia, Michigan, was so thrilled by the release of the new Avengers: Endgame movie, that she decided to impersonate the popular superheroine.

On April 14, the artist used red and black colours to paint the Scarlet Witch’s cape, necklace and armbands over her naked skin.

Candice said: “I selected Scarlet Witch specifically because I love her in the films and the comic version as well.

“I love Elizabeth Olsen and what she has brought to the franchise, but the comic version is so much more colourful and playful.”
    Last edited by Witchfan; 05-20-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Well, at least Aaron gave Wanda a hellfire shotgun once, that's something.
    As for Jane, well, I can't say I hate her but I really don't like her menacing presence that basically kicks bunch f characters off their titles and casually take them.
    Johnny Blaze had a hellfire shotgun during his cyborg Imagesque days, so it's not really original or impressive.

I hate Jane Foster, especially as she makes a mockery of people with cancer and steals other heroes identities.

Yeah, also there isn't much point to undo it. Wanda never really benefited from being Magneto's kid.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Johnny Blaze had a hellfire shotgun during his cyborg Imagesque days, so it's not really original or impressive.

I hate Jane Foster, especially as she makes a mockery of people with cancer and steals other heroes identities.
    It was more original to Wanda who in recent years has been nothing more than her powers and how many feats she can achieve. It's nicer in stories where things are toned down. And I like when they link her to other mystic stuff.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Well, I just want her trade-mark origin and lore to be known to more audience and fans. (So I can stop rambling like a mad cultist and no one knows what I am talking about.)
    Also a small chance they might actually pick up that part of Wanda's lore and further develop it, weaving her into something grander.
    I thought Set/Set's children/Serpent Crown would be a nice angle for Wanda/Jericho relationship. But yeah, she didn't even get the plain kind of on-panel development.
    Where is the juice...
    I'm right there with you on wanting that.

Honestly, the more I see people recommend HoM as a lone rec for Wanda, the more I don't want her ever linked to Mags or mutants ever again. It's such trash. I'm just really starting to resent that it's all because of mutants, Mags, etc. None of it is with concern for Wanda in mind at all. I wasn't in favor of another retcon to her. But I'm starting to see why Marvel did it.

Comic Geek in General

Wanda is still actually the most powerful super being out there, as well as a powerful spell caster after Doctor Strange, Magik, Clea.....maybe now she has the advantage of not being seen as a ridiculously powerful mutant and won’t register to Sentinel Scanners.....so maybe separating her from Mutant kind (initially due to corporate pissing contests,)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I wasn't in favor of another retcon to her. But I'm starting to see why Marvel did it.
    Yeah, as I've said elsewhere, once Disney bought Fox I felt relieved that the retcon happened, even though I thought the retcon was stupid and petty. Now at least there's one more thing to stand in the way of Wanda being somehow folded into the MCU X-Men, the way she was folded into Wolverine and the X-Men and left out of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes a few years back.

Now at least she is not Magneto's daughter in the comics or in the MCU, and there is a chance that she won't get swallowed up by that the way she did from about 2004 to 2012 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Wanda is still actually the most powerful super being out there, as well as a powerful spell caster after Doctor Strange, Magik, Clea.....maybe now she has the advantage of not being seen as a ridiculously powerful mutant and won’t register to Sentinel Scanners.....so maybe separating her from Mutant kind (initially due to corporate pissing contests,)
    She isn't, at her own power level though. When using outside sources like the Twilight Sword, the Life Force, or the PF in conjunction with her own, she can be the most powerful. On her own, not so much for the most part. Writers can sometimes forget that she's down to her own power level and have her do something she shouldn't able to do. But her normal power set leaves her being effective enough, but not uber or god-like.

And I feel that's best for the character. Anytime they make her uber, they forget she's a character too. They just make her full on macguffin.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-20-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, as I've said elsewhere, once Disney bought Fox I felt relieved that the retcon happened, even though I thought the retcon was stupid and petty. Now at least there's one more thing to stand in the way of Wanda being somehow folded into the MCU X-Men, the way she was folded into Wolverine and the X-Men and left out of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes a few years back.

Now at least she is not Magneto's daughter in the comics or in the MCU, and there is a chance that she won't get swallowed up by that the way she did from about 2004 to 2012 or so.
    Yeah I think that was it for me. Is how the retcon was handled was bad. If it were written better, I'd have been far more open to it initially.