Page 89 of 234 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3507

In this video. Scarlet Witch appears in the top power scale, beating out Thor, Captain Marvel, and Hulk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NVjwlTJvkY

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I use to want Wanda back to being a mutant. Now I don't care. It never really served her at all. It's been five years. They can just say the discrimination was about her powers or being Romani or something.

Comics retcon all the time. As long as they don't keep retconning it's fine. She's been retconned enough. So, this should stick.
    I just want her limited appearance to be about stuff actually important to her.
    Again, it's nothing essential, if it makes somebody feel better, then why not? Just don't forget the priority.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    In this video. Scarlet Witch appears in the top power scale, beating out Thor, Captain Marvel, and Hulk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NVjwlTJvkY
    It's just fan content though.
    Good to see people liking her power show-off.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I just want her limited appearance to be about stuff actually important to her.
    Again, it's nothing essential, if it makes somebody feel better, then why not? Just don't forget the priority.
    Yeah her own story needs to be out there.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Wanda and Carol are definitely the two most powerful MCU heroes right now, with maybe Doctor Strange up there as well.

Extraordinary Member

I don't really care about Wanda's power level, but I have to admit I was kind of glad that the makers of Endgame made it possible for fans to argue about whether she or Carol was the biggest threat to Thanos. It's dumb, but I was worried going in that a major character like Carol would overshadow a support character like Wanda. Pretty much my last hope for the comics to revive their friendship is for some writer or editor to notice that they were the most powerful women in that "women of power" shot.

It is kind of funny how rarely Wanda was ever portrayed as one of the most powerful Avengers in the classic comics, even when she was clearly doing things that made her as powerful as anyone if not more. When they talked about the heavy hitters or most powerful Avengers in the comics it was always the big strong ones or the obviously OP types like Monica Rambeau. Even the 1998 run didn't play up her powers as much as people remember (she still couldn't teleport, transform, or hold off really powerful characters for more than a few seconds).

It probably helped her not to have her powers overestimated, today writers probably have trouble using her because they think she's supposed to be more powerful than she usually has been.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't really care about Wanda's power level, but I have to admit I was kind of glad that the makers of Endgame made it possible for fans to argue about whether she or Carol was the biggest threat to Thanos. It's dumb, but I was worried going in that a major character like Carol would overshadow a support character like Wanda. Pretty much my last hope for the comics to revive their friendship is for some writer or editor to notice that they were the most powerful women in that "women of power" shot.

It is kind of funny how rarely Wanda was ever portrayed as one of the most powerful Avengers in the classic comics, even when she was clearly doing things that made her as powerful as anyone if not more. When they talked about the heavy hitters or most powerful Avengers in the comics it was always the big strong ones or the obviously OP types like Monica Rambeau. Even the 1998 run didn't play up her powers as much as people remember (she still couldn't teleport, transform, or hold off really powerful characters for more than a few seconds).

It probably helped her not to have her powers overestimated, today writers probably have trouble using her because they think she's supposed to be more powerful than she usually has been.
    I think one of the reasons Wanda was never portrayed as one of the most powerful Avengers was due to the random nature of her powers back then. One time she's dropping meteors on people, the next she's just making something explode. Also back then she had a lot of weaknesses.

I think they were always trying to keep things in check. Give her decent abilities, but with some downsides. So she didn't become too OP. And then stopped being a character, but a device. But that was back when characterization drove stories. Not plots.

I think they were always trying to keep things in check. Give her decent abilities, but with some downsides. So she didn't become too OP. And then stopped being a character, but a device. But that was back when characterization drove stories. Not plots.
    Shame they don't do that anymore, nowadays everyone seems to come off like a Dreamwave Transformers source book entry and have No Known Weaknesses

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

It keeps attention on it for sure. But I really want to know what's in the show. But I feel that won't happen until July or August.
    Oh, me too, but I think there is plenty of time for a phase were one can have fun with mostly speculating and then still have a final phase were more facts are coming in.

Casting infos would be interesting for sure. Like, if they cast an elderly woman, we know what that means.

Something that I really would like to know now is when the first episode will air, at least with one month precision.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Oh, me too, but I think there is plenty of time for a phase were one can have fun with mostly speculating and then still have a final phase were more facts are coming in.

Casting infos would be interesting for sure. Like, if they cast an elderly woman, we know what that means.

Something that I really would like to know now is when the first episode will air, at least with one month precision.
    But that's also what I'm just ready for. To see if they cast an Agatha or someone exciting, that is actually confirmed. I don't really get excited about speculation because most of it never happens. It's usually a set up for disappointment.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    There's a big difference...basically most of her stories of the last 30 years dont make any sense if she's not a mutant.
    The Retcon was pointless in the sense that every story where it does matter that she is a mutant, didn’t just disappear because of it. Still, as others have mentioned, in most of her stories it doesn’t even matter. You can go through issue after issue of the Avengers until you finally find one were its at least mentioned that she is a mutant. Not all of them were the most spectacular stories, but it just sums up.

Nevertheless the Retcon was dumb, as it wasted the entire Volume 2 of Uncanny Avengers (only 5 issues, but still), of what could have been an interesting story with Wanda, Pietro, Rogue and Vision.

Extraordinary Member

I don't mind Wanda being depiced as powerful, or say more powerful than she usually is, as long as there is a character arc and some good lore building behind that power-up.
    Like I wouldn't mind Busiek going further on Wanda's power if he dived deeper into that whole Chaos Magic/ Chthon lore. I get to know well enough why Wanda is like this and the price she may have to pay. (Chaos Magic/Chthon's mark being kinda like a curse in nature.)
    Power without lore and character growth is empty and unearned. Especially when you don't start off as a Superman, Thor type of character whose whole character is kinda tied to the fact that they are "born mighty".
    Wanda could be more like a "seed of power" that should gradually evolves into a hardened warrior/Avenger with growing power.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-28-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    The Retcon was pointless in the sense that every story where it does matter that she is a mutant, didn’t just disappear because of it. Still, as others have mentioned, in most of her stories it doesn’t even matter. You can go through issue after issue of the Avengers until you finally find one were its at least mentioned that she is a mutant. Not all of them were the most spectacular stories, but it just sums up.

Nevertheless the Retcon was dumb, as it wasted the entire Volume 2 of Uncanny Avengers (only 5 issues, but still), of what could have been an interesting story with Wanda, Pietro, Rogue and Vision.
    Yup, my main issue with retcon is that is wasting her limited appearances. So a retcon back will just be as unwelcome to me.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-28-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think being a mutant is very important to Wanda just because of the history aspect of being a founding member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants who then became one of the two first "evil" mutants to turn good and one of the first two mutants on the Avengers, and then later one of the first combination mutant/magic characters, and she was the Avenger whose home was burned down during the '80s famous "every comic has to mention the rising tide of anti-mutant hatred" month. If she's not a mutant then somehow the Avengers didn't have a mutant member until Beast.

But we all know that whatever Wanda and Pietro's origins are this week, they've been mutants in every way that counts (eg Sentinels are programmed to capture them). The question is just whether they're born mutants or artificially created mutants, and I don't think anyone really cares.

So I don't think they need yet another retcon, writers can just call them mutants and no one will argue the point. There have been many more important plot points that writers just chose to ignore.