Page 90 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think being a mutant is very important to Wanda just because of the history aspect of being a founding member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants who then became one of the two first "evil" mutants to turn good and one of the first two mutants on the Avengers, and then later one of the first combination mutant/magic characters, and she was the Avenger whose home was burned down during the '80s famous "every comic has to mention the rising tide of anti-mutant hatred" month. If she's not a mutant then somehow the Avengers didn't have a mutant member until Beast.

But we all know that whatever Wanda and Pietro's origins are this week, they've been mutants in every way that counts (eg Sentinels are programmed to capture them). The question is just whether they're born mutants or artificially created mutants, and I don't think anyone really cares.

So I don't think they need yet another retcon, writers can just call them mutants and no one will argue the point. There have been many more important plot points that writers just chose to ignore.
    For her those stories are so few, that it's not central to her in the way that it is for other mutants. So while yeah you could say they don't make sense, you can also find other reasons for them. Wanda's powers especially have changed so much over time that there is no definition for them. Chaos magic doesn't cover it, she didn't do reality warping on her own. Hex bolts and hex-pheres didn't cover it either. She had more going on than just mutant abilities. It could be easily written that she was misunderstood as a mutant because she had powers. So none of it really matters in the long run to the character. The mutant stories themselves have never really served her well. She has many more with being with the Avengers, or with Vision. So that is much more important to be told on her show. Even in the MCU overall.

Now, the discussion could be made that it's more of a loss to Pietro. He spent way more time on that side of the books.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-28-2019 at 08:51 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I don't mind Wanda being depiced as powerful, or say more powerful than she usually is, as long as there is a character arc and some good lore building behind that power-up.
    Like I wouldn't mind Busiek going further on Wanda's power if he dived deeper into that whole Chaos Magic/ Chthon lore. I get to know well enough why Wanda is like this and the price she may have to pay. (Chaos Magic/Chthon's mark being kinda like a curse in nature.)
    Power without lore and character growth is empty and unearned. Especially when you don't start off as a Superman, Thor type of character whose whole character is kinda tied to the fact that they are "born mighty".
    Wanda could be more like a "seed of power" that should gradually evolves into a hardened warrior/Avenger with growing power.
    Busiek took time with the Chaos stuff to help it be something that added to her character and lore. He also gave her the limit that she could only do more while using outside sources. So giving her that limit was very well done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Busiek took time with the Chaos stuff to help it be something that added to her character and lore. He also gave her the limit that she could only do more while using outside sources. So giving her that limit was very well done.
    Her Mystical link detection/connection are also rather interesting, she was able to feel something off with Squadron Supreme. Also how she was able to "wire/rewire" those links.
    Her most recent solo had her as some kind of mystical investigator but unfortunately that power is absent.
    I wouldn't mind Wanda having this super detective mode when it comes to things Mystical by nature.

Her Mystical link detection/connection are also rather interesting, she was able to feel something off with Squadron Supreme. Also how she was able to "wire/rewire" those links.
    Her most recent solo had her as some kind of mystical investigator but unfortunately that power is absent.
    I wouldn't mind Wanda having this super detective mode when it comes to things Mystical by nature.
    That would be awesome and would fit in with her energy manipulation powers.

In my mind, Wanda is and always will be a Mystically enhanced mutant. Especially when the person who was you aren't a mutant is the High-Evolutionary. What is it with Wanda and taking anyone's story about her as gospel?

Extraordinary Member

Some video game content.
    https://twitter.com/Avengers/status/1133750227922542592

FINALLY! Some news on Square Enix's Avengers Project!
    My major wish for this game is that could be a more direct adaption and take on Avengers comics.(I mean, MCU is great and all, but games should be their own adaptions rather than being the adaption of another adaption. This franchise shouldn't be so narrowly defined.)
    Also please no more Infinity Stones, god I hate how Marvel games keep recycle them because MCU are making them a hot material, it's okay for mobile games.
    But Avengers Project is likely a story-driven gameplay, so I sincerely wish the narrative is not about the Stones, pull some people from the classic Avengers Rogues Gallery, thanks!

Some video game content.
    https://twitter.com/Avengers/status/1133750227922542592

FINALLY! Some news on Square Enix's Avengers Project!
    My major wish for this game is that could be a more direct adaption and take on Avengers comics.(I mean, MCU is great and all, but games should be their own adaptions rather than being the adaption of another adaption. This franchise shouldn't be so narrowly defined.)
    Also please no more Infinity Stones, god I hate how Marvel games keep recycle them because MCU are making them a hot material, it's okay for mobile games.
    But Avengers Project is likely a story-driven gameplay, so I sincerely wish the narrative is not about the Stones, pull some people from the classic Avengers Rogues Gallery, thanks!
    I'm not expecting Wanda to be in this. It started production before her part in the MCU came out, then stalled and had troubles. They then came out with a teaser and nothing more. But then what was talked about was basic, movievengers in a third person, single player format. We'll see if they change that. If it's not beyond the first movie line-up, that'll be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    In my mind, Wanda is and always will be a Mystically enhanced mutant. Especially when the person who was you aren't a mutant is the High-Evolutionary. What is it with Wanda and taking anyone's story about her as gospel?
    What changed my mind was people wanting her movie version to be defined by HoM, because Magnus family. Complete with thinking there's something wrong with Wanda for not forgiving her abusive father. Some I've run into assumed he raised her. Her association is erasing her true story and replacing it with the stories of other characters. And full of headcanon.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not expecting Wanda to be in this. It started production before her part in the MCU came out, then stalled and had troubles. They then came out with a teaser and nothing more. But then what was talked about was basic, movievengers in a third person, single player format. We'll see if they change that. If it's not beyond the first movie line-up, that'll be boring.
    It was announced in 2017 I think? Don't know the exact production time.
    Hate to admit it but I really resent "MCU OG6" being influencial outside movies and basically become the face of Avengers for the most part.
    Even if Wanda is not in it, things like changing Bruce to Jen(since Jen has longer time as an Avenger), adding Janet would be good faith for me. At least they should consider some of the classic Avengers beyond "OG6".
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-29-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

What changed my mind was people wanting her movie version to be defined by HoM, because Magnus family. Complete with thinking there's something wrong with Wanda for not forgiving her abusive father. Some I've run into assumed he raised her. Her association is erasing her true story and replacing it with the stories of other characters. And full of headcanon.
    Yup and a lot of cute fanarts.
    That's how cute things kill characters from inside.

Just goes to prove how many people actual read HOM. if they did they wouldn't want anything to do with it.

Just goes to prove how many people actual read HOM. if they did they wouldn't want anything to do with it.
    Yep, they know of it. Like people that knew of CW and thought that Cap and Iron Man got married in it.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-29-2019 at 10:46 AM.

It was announced in 2017 I think? Don't know the exact production time.
    Hate to admit it but I really resent "MCU OG6" being influencial outside movies and basically become the face of Avengers for the most part.
    Even if Wanda is not in it, things like changing Bruce to Jen(since Jen has longer time as an Avenger), adding Janet would be good faith for me. At least they should consider some of the classic Avengers beyond "OG6".
    That's from articles I read on it. Believe me, I want them to expand outside the first team. I also have reservations about the game, since it's taken so long to get off the ground to begin with. I hope they show off something really impressive at E3.

Yep, they know of it. Like people that knew of CW and thought that Cap and Iron Man got married in it.
    Wasn't that in an alternate reality?

Wasn't that in an alternate reality?
    It was, just not in the main story. They thought it happened in the main story.