Page 91 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It was, just not in the main story. They thought it happened in the main story.
    What a bunch of Digital Dummies

Extraordinary Member

That's from articles I read on it. Believe me, I want them to expand outside the first team. I also have reservations about the game, since it's taken so long to get off the ground to begin with. I hope they show off something really impressive at E3.
    Well, I just always get frustrated that Wanda as a classic Avenger should be like a major "shareholder" of Avengers franchise and benefit from its growth and development.
    But unfortunately she tends to be kicked off the board like she isn't one of the Avengers who built and add to the franchise in early days and the following decades. (The same with Wasp.)
    Work hard and get denied your payment, and meanwhile Marvel always secures places for characters like Carol, Nat and whoever they feel like pushing. Not that they don't deserve it but let's say I think Wanda is more entitled to her share.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Sadly probably being discriminated for being Romani would be more relevant and believable than being a mutant
    Skein is a Romani mutant. Interesting she and Wanda haven’t had many exchanges over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I just always get frustrated that Wanda as a classic Avenger should be like a major "shareholder" of Avengers franchise and benefit from its growth and development.
    But unfortunately she tends to be kicked off the board like she isn't one of the Avengers who built and add to the franchise in early days and the following decades. (The same with Wasp.)
    Work hard and get denied your payment, and meanwhile Marvel always secures places for characters like Carol, Nat and whoever they feel like pushing. Not that they don't deserve it but let's say I think Wanda is more entitled to her share.
    She might have done better if Bendis didn't get his hands on her.
    Last edited by leokearon; 05-29-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Skein is a Romani mutant. Interesting she and Wanda haven’t had many exchanges over the years.
    I am only of descent but I'm pretty sure Romani people don't have a magical magnet to each other.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It is the same with Wasp. It's very weird how the first two Avengers ladies are kept out of a lot of stuff. Are they just too classic for writers?

Extraordinary Member

It is the same with Wasp. It's very weird how the first two Avengers ladies are kept out of a lot of stuff. Are they just too classic for writers?
    Pretty much, I think. A lot of the "core Avengers" supporting characters have not been on the team much since Disassembled. The whole purpose of that was to get rid of most of those characters because they symbolized the fact that the Avengers relied too heavily on B-listers who meant nothing to people who weren't Avengers fans.

Hickman was an example. He used Hawkeye because of the then-recent movie, but he deliberately kept characters like Vision, Wanda, Jan, Pym off his team, because he was trying to avoid any whiff of nostalgia and probably wasn't an Avengers fan to begin with.

And of course as we see with the Waid and Aaron lineups in their different ways, the recent management mandate seems to be that the Avengers should mostly be solo star characters.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Pretty much, I think. A lot of the "core Avengers" supporting characters have not been on the team much since Disassembled. The whole purpose of that was to get rid of most of those characters because they symbolized the fact that the Avengers relied too heavily on B-listers who meant nothing to people who weren't Avengers fans.

Hickman was an example. He used Hawkeye because of the then-recent movie, but he deliberately kept characters like Vision, Wanda, Jan, Pym off his team, because he was trying to avoid any whiff of nostalgia and probably wasn't an Avengers fan to begin with.

And of course as we see with the Waid and Aaron lineups in their different ways, the recent management mandate seems to be that the Avengers should mostly be solo star characters.
    I wonder if it's writer preference too. Like they have their favorites to write. Some even drag their favorites with them to other books. But I also think the Avengers have gotten watered down. Too many people have been Avengers. It washes out the essentials. The team feels more representative of the MU than the Avengers. And have become like the world police, instead of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

There was this reported with the Avengers Project too. Which means several games. So maybe even if Wanda isn't in the first one, she could be in the next ones. The only downside is Square/Crystal Dynamics take a while to develop their games. So might be a while.

====

https://www.crystald.com/projects/the-avengers-project

Marvel Entertainment and SQUARE ENIX® have announced a new multi-year, multi-game licensing agreement to develop and publish original games based on beloved Marvel Super Heroes, beginning with The Avengers. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment. The first blockbuster game is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics®, developers of the award winning TOMB RAIDER® series, in collaboration with Eidos-Montréal, the home of the critically acclaimed and award-winning DEUS EX game series.

The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Yeah, but characters like Wanda, Janet, Vision, Hawkeye, etc are way more defined by their Avengers identity than whatever famous solo characters they shove into the team.
    MCU prominence and impression also play a major factor, for a long time Black Widow play the Wanda/Janet part in the movies as the "sole female presence". (Actually MCU Nat kinda also fill the role of Sharon, Betty to some extent.) Her motive and lines in Endgame really feel like something 80s Wanda would say. (I mean, Wanda is actually the one whose only place of belonging is Avengers and nothing good for her before in comics. It's kinda weird for MCU Nat to say "I used to have nothing" since she was a SHIELD Agent way before the Avengers stuff.)

Extraordinary Member

There was this reported with the Avengers Project too. Which means several games. So maybe even if Wanda isn't in the first one, she could be in the next ones. The only downside is Square/Crystal Dynamics take a while to develop their games. So might be a while.

====

Marvel Entertainment and SQUARE ENIX® have announced a new multi-year, multi-game licensing agreement to develop and publish original games based on beloved Marvel Super Heroes, beginning with The Avengers. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment. The first blockbuster game is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics®, developers of the award winning TOMB RAIDER® series, in collaboration with Eidos-Montréal, the home of the critically acclaimed and award-winning DEUS EX game series.

The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come.
    I hope they keep their promise and don't interpret "long time fan" as "2004-" fans or just MCU fans.
    Treat it like the franchise with decades of history, but some hot new thing.

Extraordinary Member

====

Being in the first wave means you are acknowleged as the "important group" though.
    I hope Wanda made into that.

I wonder if it's writer preference too. Like they have their favorites to write. Some even drag their favorites with them to other books. But I also think the Avengers have gotten watered down. Too many people have been Avengers. It washes out the essentials. The team feels more representative of the MU than the Avengers. And have become like the world police, instead of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    Remember when there was a time that the likes of Deadpool, Ghost Rider and Punisher wouldn't be allowed to be Avengers

Extraordinary Member

What changed my mind was people wanting her movie version to be defined by HoM, because Magnus family. Complete with thinking there's something wrong with Wanda for not forgiving her abusive father. Some I've run into assumed he raised her. Her association is erasing her true story and replacing it with the stories of other characters. And full of headcanon.
    While I mostly just see Django/Marya and Avengers as her family and place of belonging.
    I got this weird sentiment that no matter who her parents are, she is always this orphan of Wundagore.
    Returning to Wundagore to live a peaceful life should have been something poetic for her, but yeah, House of M totally ruined that for me.
    I do like hermit Wanda living with Stephen and Simon from Exiles though. (Though Wanda surviving in any Post-Apocalypse/Dystopia world is good enough for me.)

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Remember when there was a time that the likes of Deadpool, Ghost Rider and Punisher wouldn't be allowed to be Avengers
    Wolverine. I remember a time when Wolverine was never gonna be an Avenger. But then Earth's Mightiest became that team with the characters in ever other book. To try and sell it better. When the truth was that numbers became lower on the title because after Busiek the book suffered through a phase. It didn't capture people's interests in the same way.